The Runescape Money Guide (Full Version!)

Defender2516

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really nice.

This is like economy in college class. Yet, this guide is best for real life situations. RS economy is inflated and plagued with flaws. Good work though

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

EXCELLENT GUIDE!!! \' Although you told me nothing i didn't know already. :XD: One important note i would add is in chapter 10: game updates. You can also use game updates to your advantage to make lots of money in a short amount of time. For example, the price of swamp tar jumped to 500-1000 each after the introduction of hunting. That's a 500 gp price line! Since the price hadnt been established, there was a great opportunity to merchant QUICKLY. Same thing happenned with dragon wc axes. I personally took advantage of this when they were improved. When they went up in price by over 1 mil, i bought one for the old price, then resold it for the new price! That was a lot of money for me at the time!

I also had success merchanting cowhides in f2p, since they have a very constant price in al kharid banks (almost ALWAYS 100 gp each). The forum price, on the other hand is much higher (150-180). There is also a great supply of them in al kharid bank (NOT ON MERCHANTING WORLDS 1, 3 AND 4), but almost no demand. The official forums on the other hand, have huge demand. This is one situation where i took advantage of LOCATION to maximize both my profit line and my business speed! =D>

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

EXCELLENT GUIDE!!! \' Although you told me nothing i didn't know already. :XD: One important note i would add is in chapter 10: game updates. You can also use game updates to your advantage to make lots of money in a short amount of time. For example, the price of swamp tar jumped to 500-1000 each after the introduction of hunting. That's a 500 gp price line! Since the price hadnt been established, there was a great opportunity to merchant QUICKLY. Same thing happenned with dragon wc axes. I personally took advantage of this when they were improved. When they went up in price by over 1 mil, i bought one for the old price, then resold it for the new price! That was a lot of money for me at the time!

I also had success merchanting cowhides in f2p, since they have a very constant price in al kharid banks (almost ALWAYS 100 gp each). The forum price, on the other hand is much higher (150-180). There is also a great supply of them in al kharid bank (NOT ON MERCHANTING WORLDS 1, 3 AND 4), but almost no demand. The official forums on the other hand, have huge demand. This is one situation where i took advantage of LOCATION to maximize both my profit line and my business speed! =D>

and cowhides really that profitable?

As its is said LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

I think you should mention things like fish are cheaper near fishing spots and sell for a lot more near the wilderness especially in edgeville. Also there is good money in buying uncooked swordies lobbies and sharks then cooknig them and this doesnt waste much time.

Over all a very good Guide. 9.999999999/10 =D>

:)Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes :)

:(Brevior saltare [bleep] deformibus mulieribus est vita :(

and cowhides really that profitable?

Gimme a break! It was the best i could do as a f2p player with only 3 mil to work with! It took me about a week, but I made about 1.5 mil in profit, and kept enough hides for myself to get to lvl 70 crafting. \'. After all that time, i managed to actually sell the hides in about 20 minutes :wall: .

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

..That wasnt really a guide to merchanting, more like an Economics lesson..

But still, nice guide.

And what is the differnce between economics and merchanting??

BTW 9,5/10 it owns, and something is never perfect.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

note: i suspect u cpoied from a book or something because there is currently a book on sale to show u how to make money and in ur post u mentioned at least 2 times "book". :shame:

but i still thank u for posting because i dun hav the book and it cost money to buy it myself.

A rejected invention--- instant water!!!jus add water!!!

blackgoldrobesrv5.png

suyihai0.png

They can just sit back and relax too!

I got extremely mad at this comment.

My dad doesn't sit back and mooch while he makes millions.

He is up at 4 in the morning each day entering checks into the computer and finding out who he pays and getting it ready. It's lots of accounting, too.

They have to call and order stuff from distributors of that product. It's not sitting back and mooching. It's way harder. I'd say my dad ends up working about 60 hours in his store per week and 20 hours out of his store per week.

Yes, My dad is a wreck.

Anyway, Great Guide! 10/10. I now have a reason to merchant coal. I'm more "Runescape" motivated than I have ever been in my entire year playing!

Thanks!

~Mike

They can just sit back and relax too!

I got extremely mad at this comment.

My dad doesn't sit back and mooch while he makes millions.

He is up at 4 in the morning each day entering checks into the computer and finding out who he pays and getting it ready. It's lots of accounting, too.

They have to call and order stuff from distributors of that product. It's not sitting back and mooching. It's way harder. I'd say my dad ends up working about 60 hours in his store per week and 20 hours out of his store per week.

Yes, My dad is a wreck.

Anyway, Great Guide! 10/10. I now have a reason to merchant coal. I'm more "Runescape" motivated than I have ever been in my entire year playing!

Thanks!

~Mike

That's not back breaking labour which is what defender is referring to as 'work'

Tell your dad to try be up at 2:50am in the morning to be ready at work by 4am then proceed to LABOUR untill 4:30pm and repeat 6days a week for a measly $12 NZ per hour. THAT is work my friend