Rate this sig

ganesha

This sig was made by my friend and clan mates Anticrash and wizardgir. I thank them both extremely for it, their hard work and dedication made one awsome sig. So rate it. Oh btw that picture was drawn by anticrash, and colored by wizardgir in photoshop.

Heres the first part of the work. This is the picture anticrash drew.

Ganesha-2.jpg

Heres the sig the final piece

bestsigever.jpg

Heres a full version bigger scale more detail.

Ganesha-2-2test.jpg

~Founder of the Legendary Clan ZeonicForce~

0lDw1lK.png

Very nice drawing.. But over the sig size limits :|

Very nice drawing.. But over the sig size limits

EEK thanks for reminding me :) hehe took it off, dun wanan get a sig warning lol. Oh well I dont post much on these boards, I mainly useing for my clan boards :0 thanks for the comments, Ill direct the artist to this thread .

~Founder of the Legendary Clan ZeonicForce~

0lDw1lK.png

Actually I cant speak for Wiz, But I did the spell and fire *as well as the drawing* and I never used dodge or burn once.. In PS i use one thing.. airbrush and I freehand everything... In my opinion its the only way that you can consider PS art.. ortherwise its just graphics.. but TY all for the complimets on the drawing :)

the drawing is good, but the coloring is too muted. It is particularly the background elements that look bland. Some shading on the sky and the ground would make a huge difference, but even then, it just doesn't pop out at a person with bold colors.

The detail on the faces etc. is great. The only criticism of the line art is the wizards feet placement. YOu have such great implied motion throughout the work that the wizards feet seem out of place. They are awkwardly placed straigh on, no movement, no suggestion of balancing weight on one leg or the other. Especially with the motion of the upper body this seems a little unusual.

The comic book style is pretty cool, but for comic book references on armor try the conan series :)

Overall, great to see more folks doing some artistic work on here

9.6 out of 10. brighten the coloring of the bg especially and it would be approaching 10

the drawing is good, but the coloring is too muted.

The comic book style is pretty cool, but for comic book references on armor try the conan series :)

Overall, great to see more folks doing some artistic work on here

conan wore a loncloth half the time, and he barely wore much armour even when he did.

Leylen.png

conan was not the only character in the series :)

though perhaps it was more of the eastern approach to armor. Alrighty, then consult some real armor. The point is that is more like Robin's tights than king arthur's metal suit.

conan was not the only character in the series :)

though perhaps it was more of the eastern approach to armor. Alrighty, then consult some real armor. The point is that is more like Robin's tights than king arthur's metal suit.

Robin was green and red, and conan only travelled in the east and was originally from the north, and that was on a different world.

Leylen.png

I hardly think, the colors are the issue. The issue is that it is not armor but skin tight flexible material that looks like tights.

The armor in the conan series is analogous to near eastern and far eastern armor types in our own world

And it is a bit fuzzy that it was a different world. While there are various maps of conan's world which portray a different realm we also have the reference to mythical events in this world...ie..the conan intro which mentions the oceans drinking ATLANTIS.

The fact that Conan hails from cimmeria in the north hardly would mean that all of the people there would wear northern armor. In fact, they seem to wear eastern armor as earlier noted. Which we would expect if he is in the east.

You may see a map of the conan world here.

http://home.thezone.net/~jgillard/World.htm

To even the casual observer it should be obvious that the geography is quite similar to that of the middle east with two inlets and a peninsula in the south east, similar to the red see and and the Persian gulf, with the sinai peninsula in the middle. You have a large body of water near where the caspian sea would be. And a western ocean, similar to references in the ancient near east to the mediteranian. You also have the area near cimmeria looking a lot like asia minor. Hence Conan could come from among the migrant sea people's populations which spawned such near eastern fighters as the philistines. Or if you take it as a REALLY badly drawn map as the larger black and white version indicates, he could come from near the steppes of what would be Russia. (let us not forget the time period this was written in . Robert E. Howard lived from 1906-1936 before committing suicide. This would mean he was writing mostly in the aftermath of the first world war. The bolshevik revolution occurred in 1917. This tall, gruff, stoic guy could be a reflection of some of the peoples from that region in the time period more than an ideal of ancient mythology.)

Need I mention that the place where africa would be has the "black kingdoms" and a place called kush. And there is a prominant heading of Iranistan near what would be persia in ancient times or iran today..or the archaic spelling of zimbabwe. There is also corinthia, near the greek city state of the same name, and bythunia, which closely resembles bythynia, a region in the roman empire around the time of 100 AD. In the larger black and white map we see a subcontinental landmass resembling India and named Vendhya (perhaps a blending of India and veda the early residents). It is clear that if it was a different world it was HEAVILY based on our own. More than likely it was a concept of an ancient earth in a shrouded age before radical changes altered the landscape to some degree.

*notes the lip of the armour around the guys neck* the armour is not supposed to be Form fitting, but rather hammered out to sculpt the body of the wearer.. However I did take a few liberties as the metal would not have stretched as he reached back, but I thought most would of had more of an issue with the armour not matching the guys pose... (ps I really hate flat armour so I don't draww it ) ;)

Looks pretty cool, but the textures could use some work, as Tttia stated...

It looks like somebody just filled in colors... I think maybe if more time was spent on it it could look alot better. :)