Roman Equipment with a New Quest

manitstinks

Roman equipments r grey and have light-red trim except for the shield which is all red. To get these equipment, ull have to do a non member quest called The Barbarian Massacre. To start out, ull have to talk to a Roman general called Maximus. He'll be located outside the bank of Edgeville. He is tryin to kill all the barbarians located inside a door which has a ladder to go down. There will be about 500 of them. After u talk to him, he will tell u to get a key. The key will have to be found by killing ice giants at the dungeon below port sarim. When u have gotten it, Maximus will tell u to use a piece of silk on it so u could soften the noise which will disturb the guard. When u have gotten in, u will have to kill 300 barbarian warriors that r from lvl 25-30. When ur done, a tiny screen will pop up and tell u. Then u will be able to buy Roman equipment.

Prices

Platebody: 90k

Legs: 70k

Kite: 60k

Helm: 50k

All equipment can be worn at lvl 50 def

Cutlass: 40k

A cutlass has the stats of a longsword and the speed of a scimmy

Post all thoughts here. TY!!!!!

Note: The area is only single combat so a cannon will wont end it!

Manitstinks.gif

lolud0.pnglol2ni3.png

this wouldn't be classified as a quest, more as a miniquest, because you're not doing anything but killing things. Btw, i hope you realize that it'd be impossible to kill barbarians because they're in 2 places atm, and they'd be paaaacked.

What about having at least x defense and y attack (exchange the letters for numbers) before you can do this quest or wield the stuff? What about, um level 50 (halfway between rune and dragon.) And which bank? Is this (mini)quest F2p or P2p? Where are the said barbarians? Where is Maximus? Otherwise, great idea! 9/10.

BTW: I posted this before he edited it to the new version. And is it F2p or P2p?

single_skill1165514760.png

Thank the world for spell checkers.

i dont think jagex looks at tip.it forms but if u or some 1 posts for u in the rs forms it mite happen

well good luck ::'

ml417.jpeg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

refresh to see another sig =P

also click on the sig to go to The Art Bazaar

thanks to everyone who made me a sig

I don't think this should be all about killing barbarians. Especially if you want to make it a quest. Second, 800 total barbarians? What about food? Are they agressive or passive? Stats? Also, maybe you have to use construction to like build a catapult to pound groups of barbarians. Other than that, a good idea, 5/10

pouserbarkp4.png

Project Onyx Staff Writer. Stories, articles, and opinions, oh my!

a good idea would be maybe expanding the barbarian more south and add a underground barbarian village area.....which also where you have to kill the barbarians after you killed them the general will tell you to forget about it because they wont stop comming but he'll reward you anyway

Dr_Brinner.png

Probably should be a members thing, it gives more options...

Perhaps you should tie in a new area (reached by going on boats from one of the less used ports... perhaps from Mos le Harmless, to a "new and unknown land" to "raid and pillage" (you'd end up getting accidentally thrown overboard in a storm and have to do a bit of a quest for the local Tribune (lord). In return, you'd be made a centurion and have access to the Roman (wouldn't be called this in the game of course) armory.

Such a new area would open up a lot of possibilities: perhaps they don't have knowledge of runes here, and you have to teach a mage about them and how to craft them, or an ancient Greek oriented area nearby... etc.

Perhaps this could also be a high level quest? Not enough of those... throw in a whole "take on 12 level 75 barbarians at once, with a 4-4-4 split on combat types. High health and damage, low hit chance, speed and defense would characterize them quite well. If you're going to make suggestions, I recommend you make them in detail: if Jagex wants to mess with the finite details, then fine: however, it probably has more chance if it isn't really vague.

Instead of a Platebody, have a Cuirass or Scale armor, instead of helm, have Galae (What Google results says their helmets were called), and Greaves instead of legs. Their shields were also called Scutum, and they didn't, as a rule, use "Cutlasses", they used sword type weapons called a Gladius (if you wanted to set it earlier, then perhaps the Hoplite sword instead, if not both), and a throwing spear called a Pilum. This would characterize the Romans more :) Another idea is to give their weapons pretty good defensive points as well :)

Also, if you made them cost more (Bought from a shop to prevent prices moving, and think in the 500k-1m range: this might offset the third ages stuff a bit) and had them at level 70 or higher, it'd appeal more to higher level players.

Keep in mind that these are just my suggestions: Feel free to use them as you will.

just get a whip...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

come on have orginal segestions i think i came up with a bether idea look at my full granite post

ml417.jpeg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

refresh to see another sig =P

also click on the sig to go to The Art Bazaar

thanks to everyone who made me a sig

Quote:

just get a whip...

I like the cutlass, although the armour could be a bit dif, maybe the cutlass could be similar to the whip... but, it trains strength and defence instead of attack and defence. :)

s010910.png

s1tk1.gif

Fight for cheaper planks:

bannerfg2.png