What's the lowest level you've seen with Stronghold Sceptre

blackrazor

I hope this is the right section. It's not a help topic; just wondering what's the lowest level you've seen a player holding the Stronghold Sceptre, or what's the lowest level that you completed it on one of your characters?

I did it on one of my alts, lividllama, at level 32. I think he also got the full zombie gear, with both emotes, by lvl 23.

I got the Sceptre using range. The Catalpons were a pain but not hard. The Ankou gave me a ton of trouble at that level, because they are fast moving and aggresive, and I wasn't able to hold a safe spot that would stay safe for long. Obviously melleeing lvl 82 beasties for 10 to 13 minutes, until they become docile, isn't an option when you're level 32. This was done on the free server, so without any cool pay gear. (If indeed cool pay gear even exists for level 32s (40 range, 1 def); I wouldn't even know.)

The Zombie stuff, I got while training at the goblin house in lumby. I did it when the event first came out, and it might have been more common then, during its introduction.

[EDITED] Sorry, my bad. Didn't read the question right.... I think somewhere in the realm of 40 to 45

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, your commodity drops in value.
[url=http://www.imagehosting.com][img]http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i773526_stingtag.gif[/img][/url] [quote name="Capone_Sabre"]People in the wilderness will [b]always[/b] insult you no matter what you do. Just ignore it and kill them.[/quote]

Level 3 ??

I've seen plenty of level 3's with the boots, since they can just run through. But the Sceptre actually requires you to kill Ankou, Catalpon, etc. Even if you could somehow kill an Ankou at level 3 (which I seriously doubt), the mere act of killing it would level you up past 3.

I started the quest to get this Sceptre at level 23, and I went up 9 levels from there, mostly killing the monsters for the parts. By the way, I had some close calls, but I didn't die, either. :D

Level 3 ??

I've seen plenty of level 3's with the boots, since they can just run through. But the Sceptre actually requires you to kill Ankou, Catalpon, etc. Even if you could somehow kill an Ankou at level 3 (which I seriously doubt), the mere act of killing it would level you up past 3.

I started the quest to get this Sceptre at level 23, and I went up 9 levels from there, mostly killing the monsters for the parts. By the way, I had some close calls, but I didn't die, either. :D

Slim chances of this happening, but a high leveled person could get the Ankou/Catablepon down to about 1HP, and then the level 3 comes in and hits it while eating swordies like mad.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Slim chances of this happening, but a high leveled person could get the Ankou/Catablepon down to about 1HP, and then the level 3 comes in and hits it while eating swordies like mad.

Wouldn't get the drop though, and Sceptre pieces don't reveal to all.

I suppose a P2P could recoil and and eat like crazy, but the ankou can hit for 8. For a 10 HP level, Pizza (Anchovy or Pineapple) would hold up best - giving twice the heals, if crazy enough to waste a fortune recoiling (maybe venganced by a Lunar mage as well).

Theoretically a level 3 could acquire the sceptre, but it's gonna be insanely expensive. A stronger player not quite half killing the target would also help.

Once again, I did just edit. I thought he was talking about the reward in general. I just skimmed the paragraph.

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, your commodity drops in value.
[url=http://www.imagehosting.com][img]http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i773526_stingtag.gif[/img][/url] [quote name="Capone_Sabre"]People in the wilderness will [b]always[/b] insult you no matter what you do. Just ignore it and kill them.[/quote]

Barney ... yeah, you would have to be lvl 80 or so, if you "brute force" it, clobbering everything. My lvl 107 finished up 1 or 2 loads of swordies in inventory on it, because he went in relying on mellee to do the Sceptre.

My level 32 (well he leveled to 32 from 23 on this project) relied mostly on range. He went through about 1000 iron arrows (and that's with picking most of them up), losing about 30 arrows on each high def critter, like Catalpon and Ankou. The Sceptre pieces didn't drop right away, either. I guess it might have gone faster, had I been insanely lucky on Sceptre piece drops.

I read in another post how Jwrm22 did it on a lvl 23 char, I think. That is possible, just it would cost even more in arrows and food than I was willing to spend. After my experience with the Catalpon, I made sure my guy had 40 range (green d'hide vambs and chaps) before going up against the Ankou. I also did my Sceptre solo (no high level blockers or killer-helpers), and with no deaths (although I did come close a couple times on the Ankou).

I also read a rumour that some person, sanitars, got it at lvl 10. It's theoretically possible, even on the free server (without recoil, lunar mages, or whatever you guys said you have on pay) if you go in with a group of high levels, and they block for you, and help you by getting the monster down to just over half hitpoints. You would also have to be insanely lucky on drops, because you would level up just by killing half the HP of things like Catalpon and Ankou, too. But in a game with millions of active free players, I'll bet others have done it, too. There's even a name for these types of accounts: Sceptre Pures. Hehe.

well its possible for a lvl 8 mem to get it because all they would need is alot of p pots because at lvl 8 its possible to have 43 prayer :)

But the exp gained from killing the monsters would surely put your level up...

Yes thats true but you still could attempt to obtain it at level 8

put the lime in the coconut spin it all round

Yeah, but it's not about at what level you start ... it's about what level you finish at ... taking into account that the harder monsters are surely going to level you up. That's why luck with the Sceptre piece drops also factors into it. If you have to kill relatively few Catalpons and Ankou (at best, a little over half HP x 1 of each, with helpers) then you won't level up nearly as much as if you choose to do it solo, and have miserable luck on drops.

ring of recoils=you can do it at lvl 3.

But it would take like a whole load of food just to kill 1 ankou, and thats with somebody getting it close to half hp for you...

(use anchovie pizzas for food, or if your wicked rich sara brews lol. But I don't know do sara brews restore hp based on your lvl? if they do then that would be bad 1 dose would only givel 1-2hp so better off with anchovie pizza until you know for sure)

redbullsigortiz.jpg

well its possible for a lvl 8 mem to get it because all they would need is alot of p pots because at lvl 8 its possible to have 43 prayer :)

But the exp gained from killing the monsters would surely put your level up...

Recoils (member item(its how zzzamorak got 50 slayer at lvl 3))

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Guest demon027

i'm level 57 and just got a stronghold scepter. The first three levels took about 20 minutes and no food, but the Ankous took about an hour alone and 20 something lobsters. :twisted: I look awesome though with a rune pl8, rune legs, stronghold fighter boots, rune kite, red gloves and cape, and that scepter. Truly an awesome update, especially the teleport capability. I'm glad it's all f2p as well! :thumbsup:

Recoils (its how zzzamorak got 50 slayer at lvl 3)

Zzzamorak rocks!!! He can probably easily get the sceptre at level 3...

Losers...

Are you blind or ignoring me on purpose?

Even though I sometimes side with religious people in some debates, I no longer consider myself religious.

Seen a level 27 do it. I did it once and used up the charges and then decided it wasnt worth it. It takes too long to get it back, we really need a way to recharge it. Even a fee would be allright like 3k per recharge.