Global Warming Solutions

Guest GhostRanger

Politically - Pull out of Iraq and use the millions of dollars wasted there to stop global warming.

But even if politicians started this idea today it wouldnt change the outcome. The CFC's (and others) made 20 years ago have not reached the atmosphere, so only one can guess the full extent of the damage. The deed is done... nice knowin' ya peoples.

lol @ coughing lungs out...

CFCs are not a greenhouse gas. They cause a reduction in the amount of Ozone. and anyway the Ozone deleption has already started to recover, CFC concentrations in the atmosphere are on the decline and a complete recovery is predicted to be around 2050.Doubt that

My nieghbour and his pit crew are trying to make a car which drives on vegetable oil.

Imagine that.. gas stations dispensing vegetable oil for cars - :-k

These have already been made and are working.DOUBT THAT

... to demonstarte this the most powerful country in the world went to war for a portion of there wealth.

This is completely untrue. It is sad how people have to make things up to try and further a point.

what opec does is it buys out the more advanced ideas of fuel effiecent technologies and will use them when all of the oil has run out.

Evidence?

The automotive industry is just as large and extremely competitive. If such technologies were available, many would secure and implement them in a second to gain a advantage. By saying that, many engines are much more fuel efficient today then they were 5 years ago.

im not even an american, and i can see how much of a burden bush has been on america and the world.

tRUE

and what burden is that?

the sad thing about global warming is greed - big oil companies - OPEC - only want one thing - money, they dont care about the environment, fundamentally.

its a sad fact, but seeing the power that these huge companies have, its hard to see a change of car/vehicle fuel until crude oil runs out.

They are also under massive pressure from the consumer to provide cleaner and environmentally friendly options. If a company gets a bad reputation it would result in reduce earners and less money. To fulfill their 'greed' they need to have the consumer demanding their products.

09f719550fdb82a41cc724ce46d5f579.png

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A month or so ago they very first commericla bio-diesel gas station opened up in my city.

My nieghbour and his pit crew are trying to make a car which drives on vegetable oil.

Imagine that.. gas stations dispensing vegetable oil for cars - :-k

If its a diesel car then it'll run just fine on used vegetable oil, provided you filter out all the crap bits.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

CFC reduction- doubt that

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone_hole

Also Read

Newman, P. A., Nash, E. R., Kawa, S. R., Montzka, S. A. and Schauffler, S. M (2006). "When will the Antarctic ozone hole recover?". Geophysical Research Letters 33: L12814.

http://www.agu.org/pubs/crossref/2006/2 ... 5232.shtml

Doubts about vegetable oil powered engines

Type ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Åvegetable oil carsÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

and anyway the Ozone deleption has already started to recover, CFC concentrations in the atmosphere are on the decline and a complete recovery is predicted to be around 2050.

Did a politician tell you that?

madeinpalestineborder8gs.png

In Khazakstan we say God, Man, Horse, Dog, then Woman, Rat and small cockroach..

M.A.D 4 Lyfe

NOPE Cant be bothered -.-

If you can't be bothered to research facts, why are you posting on a debate that you apparently have no knowledge of?

I couldent of said it better

This is what elements are in fuels for lots of things and where they come from and what is produced when used

Fuel Elements Emissions Sorce

Coal 100% Carbon CO2 Underground

Sugar C6H12O6 CO2 + H2O Trees

Ethanol C2H6O CO2 + H2O sugar

Petrol Carbon + hydrogen CO2 + H2O distalation of oil

Deisel carbon + hydrogen CO2 + H2O distalation of oil

Biodeisel C14-C24 methy esters CO2 + H2O modified vegatable oils

Methane CH4 CO2 + H2O Many sorces

Wood sugar molecules linked CO2 + H2O trees

Whats do you notice about all these things? they all produce carbon dioxide. the diffrence is in how much is left unburnt and how much energy you get per amount burnt. and some of them are renewable but not worth the amout you get out of making it.

I read about this radical preposal from NASA that might work. they want to block out 1/3 of the suns rays from reaching earth :D

Europe is like 5 degrees warmer than usual this year.

Theres very little snow even in the mountains.

Last year they had snow storms in places where there haven't had snow in decades.

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

Guest GhostRanger
Europe is like 5 degrees warmer than usual this year.

Theres very little snow even in the mountains.

Last year they had snow storms in places where there haven't had snow in decades.

It's colder here than normal...I wish it was warmer... :(

and anyway the Ozone deleption has already started to recover, CFC concentrations in the atmosphere are on the decline and a complete recovery is predicted to be around 2050.

Did a politician tell you that?

nope.

The Ozone hole rarely gets brought up in politics now, mainly (I suspect) because the worst of the problem is already behind us and the solutions are working. I live in New Zealand, which is sometimes directly beneath the hole so it affects us more then anyone else. If you look at the data you would see that the amount of CFC in the atmosphere is already declining, they were the main cause to the hole in the first place.

Anyway, the ozone hole has next to nothing to do with climate change so not really the point of this thread.

Whats do you notice about all these things? they all produce carbon dioxide. the diffrence is in how much is left unburnt and how much energy you get per amount burnt. and some of them are renewable but not worth the amout you get out of making it.

One advantage of Biodeisel and similar fuels is that it is taking CO2 from the atmosphere when it is grown. when burnt it returns that CO2 so no net increase.

With stuff like coal and oil, that CO2 have been removed from the atmosphere for millions of years, when burnt it is increasing the amount of CO2.

Ignorance is bliss ^,^

Hell, I didn't know that it was an internet "meme" so don't bother flaming me. If you want to call me a noob, feel free to, if you want to get smited ^,^

When sperm whales mate, 3/4 of the sperm goes into the sea, not his mate.

Thats why sea water tastes funny

-------------------------------

Help stop Global Warming!

Become a Pirate!!!!

Woo, I made a debate!

Regards,

~Shrimpy.

(Feel free to siggy the pirate thing if you give me credit.

Give you credit? Who the hell do you think you are? That has been an internet meme for years. It comes from this picture:

piratesarecool4re7.jpg

Stop taking credit for things you have no part of. Or if you do, make sure it is something that is a little obscure.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

BrineShrimp wrote:

Help stop Global Warming!

Become a Pirate!!!!

Woo, I made a debate!

Regards,

~Shrimpy.

(Feel free to siggy the pirate thing if you give me credit.

Give you credit? Who the hell do you think you are? That has been an internet meme for years. It comes from this picture:

hmm? Well, I didn't know that -.-

Oh, and just because I don't spend all of my hours on the computer, typing in "int3rn33t m3m3" into search engines, doesn't mean you can flame me. Hell, I don't want my back to have artheritis when I get older, so please, FEEL FREE to flame me for not going on the computer all day. You may say that you don't go on the computer all day, but you found a website that has the graph thingy in seconds, and pissed someone off that you will never meet. From my view point- To hell with you, not me. At least I contribute to the world by getting an honest living, unlike you who drains electricity from our very limited power supply, and gives nothing in return but "To hell with you noob". You can call me a noob all you want- It won't make any difference, seeing how you will never meet me in real life, and even if you did, odds are that you couldn't hurt me badly. The moral of this- Think before you post, it is better to make a friend then an enemy. How you SHOULD have posted- Pardon me if you did not know, but the pirate quote you made is quite popular and has been around the internet for quite awhile, meaning that you have no right to claim credit for it".

Very dissapointed,

~Shrimpy

Oh, and just because I don't spend all of my hours on the computer, typing in "int3rn33t m3m3" into search engines, doesn't mean you can flame me. Hell, I don't want my back to have artheritis when I get older, so please, FEEL FREE to flame me for not going on the computer all day. You may say that you don't go on the computer all day, but you found a website that has the graph thingy in seconds, and pissed someone off that you will never meet. From my view point- To hell with you, not me. At least I contribute to the world by getting an honest living, unlike you who drains electricity from our very limited power supply, and gives nothing in return but "To hell with you noob".

Very dissapointed,

~Shrimpy

I do spend a lot of time on the computer, and I have seen tons of these sort of posts. Generally, the person behind the post is worse than what they say in the post. Lying to themselves makes them feel better, or something.

I choose to not respond back in the same manner not because I can't think of something, but because I find it pointless.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Oh, and just because I don't spend all of my hours on the computer, typing in "int3rn33t m3m3" into search engines, doesn't mean you can flame me. Hell, I don't want my back to have artheritis when I get older, so please, FEEL FREE to flame me for not going on the computer all day. You may say that you don't go on the computer all day, but you found a website that has the graph thingy in seconds, and pissed someone off that you will never meet. From my view point- To hell with you, not me. At least I contribute to the world by getting an honest living, unlike you who drains electricity from our very limited power supply, and gives nothing in return but "To hell with you noob".

Very dissapointed,

~Shrimpy

I do spend a lot of time on the computer, and I have seen tons of these sort of posts. Generally, the person behind the post is worse than what they say in the post. Lying to themselves makes them feel better, or something.

I choose to not respond back in the same manner not because I can't think of something, but because I find it pointless.

No offence, but I am just trying to get you to know that it isn't appreciated to say "to hell with you" because the person is ignorant, then call them an a** for trying to show someone what they did was wrong.

Very dissapointed,

~Shrimpy

No offence, but I am just trying to get you to know that it isn't appreciated to say "to hell with you" because the person is ignorant, then call them an a** for trying to show someone what they did was wrong.

I pretty much know for a fact that he wouldn't have gone off on you if you hadn't of been an attention/publicity seeker by trying to artificially influencing people's choices of signatures.

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

Very dissapointed,

~Shrimpy

I pretty much know for a fact that he wouldn't have gone off on you if you hadn't of been an attention/publicity seeker by trying to artificially influencing people's choices of signatures.

Well, then I am sorry for being such an "attention seeker". I am sorry for not being the perfect forumer, always doing what you want me to do. I am SOOOO sorry for trying to impress something that I did not know would get flamed. I am extremely sorry for being ignorant and not going on the computer 10 hours a day. I hope you accept my appologies for trying to get a laugh. For this, I am sorry. Now I will do as all of you suggested and play 10 hours a day and follow all of the made up laws that the forumer community has made.

I hope you accept my appologies,

~Shrimpy

Very dissapointed,

~Shrimpy

Well, then I am sorry for being such an "attention seeker". I am sorry for not being the perfect forumer, always doing what you want me to do. I am SOOOO sorry for trying to impress something that I did not know would get flamed. I am extremely sorry for being ignorant and not going on the computer 10 hours a day. I hope you accept my appologies for trying to get a laugh. For this, I am sorry. Now I will do as all of you suggested and play 10 hours a day and follow all of the made up laws that the forumer community has made.

I hope you accept my appologies,

~Shrimpy

Another thing that would have stopped the flaming earlier on... stop using such stupid stereotypes =\

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

:o okay, sorry I just get pissed when people use hell in correspondence to me. I know I shouldn't have been so stereotypical, I just wanted to make some sory of arguement. Please don't hate me, I didn't know I did anything wrong.

Serious now,

~Shrimpy

Personally : Pfft....it's inevitable, live with it...

Politically: Make it the law that everyone must have a freezer open 24/7, on maximum power!

...But in seriousness, force the automobile industry to make vehicles with 50 mpg or higher starting immediately. Then lay out a plan for alternative fuel automobiles that will be released every few years or so. If a company fails to do this, billions of dollars in payments to the gov.

Make big business stop Carbon Dioxide pollution, especially in Asia......China omfg!!!! - sooo dirty!!!, same thing for countries like Mexico, but everybody must be at least as clean as Luxembourg, or Switzerland, or better yet Singapore!

t3hshabster.png

warri0r45 wrote:

im not even an american, and i can see how much of a burden bush has been on america and the world.

tRUE

and what burden is that?

1 - whoever the american president is, he/she will have an influence on the world.

2 - the burdens are these -

response to hurricane katrina - poor, bad tming

response to the frailties in Iraq - poor, bad timing

response to global warming - poor, much more needs to be done (USA are the biggest greenhouse gas emitters in the world.)

his ability to make his country a better/ more unified place - poor

his intelligence - poor

i think al gore would have done much better.

Just my opinion, i welcome yours.