Ask Wyrm!

Greatsilverwyrm

Is it actually possible to make vector in Photoshop? All of the photoshop "vector" I've seen is really just raster.

Pen tool.

~witty

Really? I've used the pen tool and zoomed in and it appeared to still be raster and not vector.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Ryan, it is vector in a sense that you can scale it up as big as you want without losing any quality...but no, since Photoshop is a raster program, it's not technically vector.

However even programs like Illustrator usually have a raster output, so it doesn't matter anyway.

IRKAa.jpg

Well, Ryan, it is vector in a sense that you can scale it up as big as you want without losing any quality...but no, since Photoshop is a raster program, it's not technically vector.

However even programs like Illustrator usually have a raster output, so it doesn't matter anyway.

Oh really? I always saw Illustrator as vector...hrmm.

You can save your paths in PS and then export them to Illustrator... or save them in PS and open Illustrator and import them... however you wanna say it. :P

Where do babies come from?

Think of it like bleeding...

Blood is only red once it leaves the body. In the same way, the information stored by the vector program is vector inside the program. But as soon as you output that file as a useable media online, it comes raster; or, as soon as you cut yourself and bleed, it turns red. Unless of course it's an SWF or something similar to that; or you are in an oxygen-less environment. Have I lost you yet?

If you use anything on the computer from Illustrator, it's raster. In the program it's vector though.

Keiphus: Ask your parents.

Okay thanks.

FireFreak: Many places..

Chatmasta: It's called boolean modeling, all you need to know is the basics, really.

Make 2 spheres, intersect them slightly, then go to attributes on one of them, set it to positive. Set the other one to negative in the same way, then group them.

IRKAa.jpg

In Adobe Photoshop 7.0, how do you take away a certain background to a picture. For instance: the avatar I currently have, I would like to get rid of most of the brown so I just have the yellow numbers, bow, and my name in the picture. How would I do that?

Thanks Wyrm

:wink:

punk4ever.gif

By The_Jeppoz :wink:

Use the magic wand tool, punky. For specifics the Photoshop help file is really handy. :)

Yeah, I tried the help menu and sometimes their instructions are a bit complicated:P They assume I know where all the buttons are :oops:

punk4ever.gif

By The_Jeppoz :wink:

Please don't ask any questions regarding "art". For example don't ask: How do I make an abstract?

yup, sorry :oops: !, i kinda only read this:

(I can only answer questions 100% for those using Bryce 5, PSP9, or PS 5 and above.)

and didnt read further..

.:'':.Cool Banana :oops:

hmm... well i have a personal problem and...

eh j/k a real question however.

what are some of the best methods/fonts for text that looks good but doesn't realy need to stand out. (other than pixel :P)

~Thanks.

Can you rephrase the question?

You are asking ways to make good text, other than pixel?

You just have to kind of experiment. Usually, less is more. Unless of course the concept of the design IS the text, then you might add some jazz to it... Restate the questions please? :-P

hmm... well i have a personal problem and...

eh j/k a real question however.

what are some of the best methods/fonts for text that looks good but doesn't realy need to stand out. (other than pixel :P)

~Thanks.

fi i understand your question right. . .it depends on wut background u have . . .sometimes putting the text somewhat transparent can help .. . but it really depends on the bg .. .just experiment .. .