*New* A constructors dream {Pictures Included} *New*

s010910

I like a few aspects of it.

The quest looks great except needs pollivanch added to the list and a subquest added for it.

You might be able to get planks for cheap, but it will take much more time.

So that aspect evens out.

Overll grade B

Still need some details and polishing but looks good.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was close but still a B I wouldn't even give a offical update an A+ untill they get all the kinks out and ajust the fine points of it.

My reason for the added subquest in pollivan is You have one in every other portal except for that one. Seems a little left out. In garden of tranqility, you go to every allotment in the game. It should be the same for this one. Expand some of them a little bit to to make them more varied in length.

P.S. excues all speeling errors.

Although it sounds like a very well planned, thought out idea.. I'm going to have to disagree :?

I really do think that Runescape needs to hold on to a few skills that require you to spend money. Almost all the skills in Runescape are very easy now, it's good for a little variety.

Besides, I'm proud having spent 120m on getting 99 :-w =;

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

No real place to put the mini game below CW, would have to be elsewhere I think! But anyhow, AWESOME idea for a quest (of course Jagex would make it a bit more complicated or something so to make it longer) but the mini game sounds fun, I'd want the clothes for sure :P But then again, remember the hard hat would have to be METAL or WOOD because PLASTIC hasn't been invented yet in Runescape!!! But awesome idea, I like it :) You have Wolfy's support.

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

The quest and mini game are good, very good even. You really put some work in this =D> .

BUT, the bad thing is the idea. "Make constructiong cheaper", it is meant to be expensive! It's one of the things jagex wants to do against the huge inflation. And because of those prices they are doing a pretty good job with that. Personally I'm quite poor for my lvl, but if you cut youre own oaks and only pay for the planking part, you can get quite some xp without paying real cash.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Mmm.... I guess the expencive reason is a thing to combat, thats why the planks are HARD to get, not easy, so that people only play this is they cant afford planks...

No real place to put the mini game below CW, would have to be elsewhere I think! But anyhow, AWESOME idea for a quest (of course Jagex would make it a bit more complicated or something so to make it longer) but the mini game sounds fun, I'd want the clothes for sure But then again, remember the hard hat would have to be METAL or WOOD because PLASTIC hasn't been invented yet in Runescape!!! But awesome idea, I like it You have Wolfy's support.

Mini Game wouldnt be near CW, maybe on Karamja somewhere, or a new island , Good point about plastic, didnt think of that :wall:

I really do think that Runescape needs to hold on to a few skills that require you to spend money. Almost all the skills in Runescape are very easy now, it's good for a little variety.

Reason for difficulty in game, makes it alot harder to get planks

My reason for the added subquest in pollivan is You have one in every other portal except for that one. Seems I little left out. In garden of tranqility, you go to every allotment in the game. It should be the same for this one. Expand some them a little bit to to make them more varied in length.

Good point, it should be added along with any others that ive missed.

Thanks everyone for the Support

s010910.png

s1tk1.gif

Fight for cheaper planks:

bannerfg2.png

u cant just go making it cheaper now think of all the people who sold phats to get 99 con and think of poor me 10m off the moeny to beat fredymcgarry (only lvl 43 its the money that counts)

10mill to get to lvl 43... i spent at the most 1.5m and i got to 45 easy

s010910.png

s1tk1.gif

bannerfg2.png

I like the idea, there really hasn't been many things happening concerned with construction as far as I know. Also this would offset the cost of building a house for the poorer people in RS.

deciever2.gif

Dragon Drops: D spear x 2, D skirt, D half-shield, D axe, D 2h

Barrows Rewards: Ahrims hood, Karil's Coif, half key x 6, D med, torags legs, veracs flail

But then again, remember the hard hat would have to be METAL or WOOD because PLASTIC hasn't been invented yet in Runescape!!!

what time period is runescape set in? I'm guessing 10th-11th century because stone castles were made round that time period. I can think of a lot of things that weren't invented or discovered in that time, but are used in it.

The hard hat could be made out of some sort of magic substance :D

elvargmontagekc1.th.png

^ What is this? Click to find out! ^

http://roflcoptergames.goforumgo.com

I like the idea, there really hasn't been many things happening concerned with construction as far as I know. Also this would offset the cost of building a house for the poorer people in RS.

There hasn't been many, probably more for hunter than construction, and thats saying something.

And yes, it would help the poorer people who are willing to spend the time.

s010910.png

s1tk1.gif

bannerfg2.png

I have an idea for the Fremmenik Portal part of the quest.

Maybe something about slayer???

just an idea... there are only 3 quests to get your slayer up and one of them you need 40 slayer anyway... plus there isn't much about slayer these days, nobody seems to do it.

elvargmontagekc1.th.png

^ What is this? Click to find out! ^

http://roflcoptergames.goforumgo.com

I have an idea for the Fremmenik Portal part of the quest.

Maybe something about slayer???

just an idea... there are only 3 quests to get your slayer up and one of them you need 40 slayer anyway... plus there isn't much about slayer these days, nobody seems to do it.

Most people dont do slayer cause its BORING, and if they wanted it up they would already have it.

s010910.png

s1tk1.gif

bannerfg2.png

im in for this but the idea of the sawmills teleporting? no... there no mage like alubury or the zamorak mage. maybe a new tele port spell to get there from your house (portal room). or could be acsessed through jewlery. (ruby neckless). and an idea for the poliveinchfirehf portal (i hope its spelt right lol). maybe there are lizards in the house. or prehaps he needs you to make him a potion for a disease he has (herbleore can come in). the mini game might also want to be based on an island and the boss takes you there on his grand ship.

sig2-1.jpg

Kiss me, i'm part Irish!

I think after this quest, a second one comes on

requirements:

The first quest

25 construction

35 crafting

20 mage

Start: Sawmill (Varrock)

You talk about making planks cheaper to the sawmill operator, He doesnt react kindly to this and starts to get angry, then he lets slip, he can only make planks becasue a mage trainiee help him to learn the techique.

You go and visit this mage and he needs help (mage comes in)

In order to become a actual mage (non-trainiee) he needs something blessed for his "exam coursework", you need a fire, earth, air and water rune to bless this.

You then bless it then you talk to him, he then says he need a certain space in your house, you tele to house and build new room (sawmilling room) costs 20k, you build and talk to the mage again and gives you ability to make a machine saw to make logs into planks.

Here is where the crafting comes into it

Normal plank:35

Oak plank:43

Teak plank:50

Maghoney plank:65

Woo free planks my dream lol

adamboothv1.png

Good idea! I could only get to lvl44 construcion b4 declaring bankrupcy!

There is a downside tho, construction was made as a money drain and if you can get around the money drain then it has become nearly useless to the economy.

Could do some after alot of use, the saw mill decays, or rusts, and needs money to fix, or something, you maded the arguement, think of the soluation

adamboothv1.png

The quest and mini game are good, very good even. You really put some work in this =D> .

BUT, the bad thing is the idea. "Make constructiong cheaper", it is meant to be expensive! It's one of the things jagex wants to do against the huge inflation. And because of those prices they are doing a pretty good job with that. Personally I'm quite poor for my lvl, but if you cut youre own oaks and only pay for the planking part, you can get quite some xp without paying real cash.

lime stone briks are copletly free if u mine them plus for ever decrotive rock u make it is 500 exp

siggykilljoyfulykomppsmg6.jpg

Really great idea but probably just minimal construction xp (like WAAAAAAY less xp per token)and cost of planks to go waaaaaay up. (It sounded like 20 points would only takes like a minute and teak planks add up...)Also, needs more people per game. (servers wouldn't be able to hold so much stuff) Other than that, keep it up! :thumbsup:

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!