Final Fantasy

TotalTalker

Hey guys,

I want to get final fantasy for crimbo, but idk how to do it, ill explain more, lol. Is it one of those games where u just go out and buy it, or do u have to like research into it a bit more? Is it really deep? Would it help to find out the story line and everything?

Also, which one would i start off buyin? Because i know that tere are quite a lot of them.

Ty

Usually when I buy a Ff game i don't research behind, got used to the ownage storylines :). But if your going for any other game that you have no knowledge off, Google it. Moral is;

-Buy Final Fantasy :P

Hope I helped.

Thx, but what final fantasy should i buy first? Ty

Crimbo is a slang term for Christmas, originating in urban slang before becoming more widely used. Is that it?

I'd get ff7 first because its awesome, cause if you play an advanced ff, you'll probably not want to play with worse graphics.

Then ffx is a good game.

gr454rc.gif

FFX is a very newbie-friendly game. Also has a great storyline.

Still waiting for FFXII over here in Britain. :x

*laughs at Cadbury because he already has FFXII* \'

anyways, FF games are the epic kinda games, that once you get into them, you don't want to put them down. Unfortunately, if you have never played them before, you are becoming a little too late, as is is increasingly hard to find any of the old FF games, and some of them were awesome. But besides that, a newer one such as FFX (10) is an excellent start. Its for the PS2, and has many good features for a starting player. Ill tell you this much, don't ever research a FF unless you know you wont play it, the story lines are worth finding out on your own.

Edit: The above poster stated that FFVII was it, and many agree (i have never fully played it), But i will warn you of something, FF games are not to be soly driven by graphics, it is best to just care about the story.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

FFVII for storyline and playablity

FFX for those new to RPGs

FFX-2 for real-time battles.

All except FFX and FFXI have ATB fights, but FFX-2 has the most interesting one.

*laughs at Cadbury because he already has FFXII*

Grar, i'll get it in the new year and still beat you to the ending. :x

Crimbo is a slang term for Christmas, originating in urban slang before becoming more widely used. Is that it?

Yeah, I think a show called "Bo Selecta" first used the term. Makes you sound like a chav when you use it though.

knkcopy.jpg

I played FFVII for about 7-8 hours, because it was supposed to be one of the greatest games ever. I kept on trying to get into it, I never could. I played FFVIII for a shorter time, about 3-4 hours. I thought maybe I would like this one better. I didn't. Mostly I hated the fighting system. Secondly I hated the random attacks.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I played FFVII for about 7-8 hours, because it was supposed to be one of the greatest games ever. I kept on trying to get into it, I never could. I played FFVIII for a shorter time, about 3-4 hours. I thought maybe I would like this one better. I didn't. Mostly I hated the fighting system. Secondly I hated the random attacks.

I agree that random attacks can get quite irritating. Which is what they attempted to remedy with FFXII. Instead of going OMGRANDOMATTACKLOLFIGHT the monsters just appear on the map.

I can't go into any specifics, I have nae played it, but maybe someone who has and is a fanatic *coughlionheartcough* can enlighten us.

knkcopy.jpg

I agree that random attacks can get quite irritating. Which is what they attempted to remedy with FFXII. Instead of going OMGRANDOMATTACKLOLFIGHT the monsters just appear on the map.

I can't go into any specifics, I have nae played it, but maybe someone who has and is a fanatic *coughlionheartcough* can enlighten us.

:lol:

I guess you can say i'm a fanatic. Anyways, FFXII isn't like the others, when you walk around the map, the monsters are already there just walking around, doing their own thing (on one of the starting parts of the game, a wolf kept going over and attacking a rabbit when i wasn't trying to kill it.) The monsters are kinda like the ones in RS. There are friendlys which you cant attack but see their health bar, there is neutral (usually rabbit type creatures or peaceful ones) and then there is the aggressive which attack you on sight. You move around when you fight (if you wish, or you can just stand) but it doesn't do very much unless your opponent is using area affect attacks which are just in front of him and then you go behind while it is affecting your party and not you. Also, you do kinda the same system as Kingdom hearts, where you have a menu and you select from stuff such as attack, magic, quickenings (like limit breakers, but weirder). In the menu, you can chose to pause the game while using the menu, or keep the time flowing (pausing is good). The only flaw in this, is that there is a small wait time for anything to happen, so in a sense, the ATB system is back, but its much faster, so don't worry much.

Thats basically it.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

:lol:

I guess you can say i'm a fanatic. Anyways, FFXII isn't like the others, when you walk around the map, the monsters are already there just walking around, doing their own thing (on one of the starting parts of the game, a wolf kept going over and attacking a rabbit when i wasn't trying to kill it.) The monsters are kinda like the ones in RS. There are friendlys which you cant attack but see their health bar, there is neutral (usually rabbit type creatures or peaceful ones) and then there is the aggressive which attack you on sight. You move around when you fight (if you wish, or you can just stand) but it doesn't do very much unless your opponent is using area affect attacks which are just in front of him and then you go behind while it is affecting your party and not you. Also, you do kinda the same system as Kingdom hearts, where you have a menu and you select from stuff such as attack, magic, quickenings (like limit breakers, but weirder). In the menu, you can chose to pause the game while using the menu, or keep the time flowing (pausing is good). The only flaw in this, is that there is a small wait time for anything to happen, so in a sense, the ATB system is back, but its much faster, so don't worry much.

Thats basically it.

Let me be the first to say... I AM SO HYPED.

Seriously, just package the case and mail it to me. :(

knkcopy.jpg

There is one thing about the game that is kinda hard/bad that i will tell you though, the gil. Its harder to come by because monsters rarely drop it. They drop only loot which is useful for selling only. Most of the good items in the game have to be bought, so it can be a problem if you don't go killing tons and tons of monsters.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Hey guys,

I want to get final fantasy for crimbo, but idk how to do it, ill explain more, lol. Is it one of those games where u just go out and buy it, or do u have to like research into it a bit more? Is it really deep? Would it help to find out the story line and everything?

Also, which one would i start off buyin? Because i know that tere are quite a lot of them.

Ty

Are you a guy or a girl? That's pretty much all you need to decide on.

I never did like the FF series.

Mostly for the same reason indy didn't, but also I didn't like how it seemed like every random fight was a close match.

Than again, the only RPG of its likes I've ever liked was chrono trigger. :thumbsup:

I never did like the FF series.

Mostly for the same reason indy didn't, but also I didn't like how it seemed like every random fight was a close match.

Than again, the only RPG of its likes I've ever liked was chrono trigger. :thumbsup:

The fights are only really close at the beginning and in boss battles. Random battles are rarely ever close, they just get annoying once they become quick OHKOs because you waste more time waiting for the battle than the battle is.

knkcopy.jpg

If i get FFX, wouldnt it be too far into the story?

Nah, every single game is a diggerent story, different characters, not linear at all.

FFX-2 is the continuation of FFX.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.