Ultimate Guide to Barrows By Sin81

Sin81

Ultimate Guide To Barrors By Sin81

DO NOT COPY ANY PART OF THIS GUDIE, IT IS FOR USE ON MY NEW SITE, I HAVE POSTED IT TO HELP PEOPLE AND TO GET SOME FEEDBACK.

Barrows is a combat based mini game, it requires high concentration and can be cost consuming. Barrows mini game should not be attmepted without 43 prayer.

I have wrote a guoide explaining the game, it includes what to take, the monsters you will face and the rewards.

Sections:

1. Requirments

2. What to wear

3. The Brothers

- Verac

- Dharok

- Ahrim

- Karil

- Guthan

- Torag

4.In the belly of the beast

5. Rewards and banking

Now the guide begins here, hopefully it will help you to becoming a master of barrows too.

1. The requirements

43 Prayer is a must, cannont stress this enough, without prayer you WILL DIE

Prayer potions (Number explained later in guide)

Sharks or level 76 fishing (Shark spots right next to the bank)

Runes for your chosen spell (read whatto wear for the spells)

Spade

2. What to wear

There are many ways of barrowing, I am going to show the most common aswel as in my opinion the most effective.

Here are pics of your inventory for the different sets of equipment you should take.

1. Guthan and magic dart

Pros - Most effective, this method allows you to do the most trips without banking, most cost efective once you have bought the equipment, will get all your runes back over time, making it free to mage

Cons - Expensive to buy to start with

Recomended for players that can afford to buy Guthans

higherlevelbarrowswd0.png

The sharks are there if you need them when facing Veracs as he can hit through you prayer, once in the tunnels, do not use them, use Guthans to heal of the monsters instead.

Karils Bow can be replaced with a Magic Short Bow or a Crystal Bow

Prayer pots could be replaced with super restores as some of your stats will be lowered by Ahrim and Karil

2. Fire Blast and Rune

Pros - Cheap to buy to begin with

Cons - Can't do as many trips as you can with Guthan before you need to bank, May use your runes up, as barrows wont be able to keep up with the bloods you use and doesn't give fires at all.

lowerlevelbarrowsinven.png

Mystic could be changed for other mage armours, spell could be changed for another high leveled spell depedning on your level. You may need more sharks depedning on your defense level.

3. Ancient Magiks

Pros - Fast and effective way of killing the brothers

Cons - Can't get as many trips before needed to bank as you can with Guthans, May not be able to replenish runes, as you are using bloods and deaths

====pic coming soon=====

Can change armour for another mage armour if you wish depedning on your level and preferences, may need more sharks depedning on your defense level.

Barrows is a mini-game that requires you to awaken the dead and defeat them, you will need to beat 6 brothers before you should open the chest. There are 4 melee brothers 1 mage and 1 ranger, all can hit high if not using prayer.

This map shows you the tunnels to find the brothers.

mapofbarrowstunnels.png

The brothers can be tackled in any order, although i would advise this one as it gives your stats a cahnce to rise if they get lowered

1. Verac = Verac can hit through your prayer, you should always kill him first

2. Ahrim = Can lower your strenght, attack and defense, should attack him second, so your stats have time to recover before entering the tunnels

3. Karil = Can lower your agility

4. Dharok = Can hit very high if you have no prayer, the more damage you have done to him the harder he can hit

5. Torag = Torag is pretty straight foward, he can drain some of your energy

6. Guthan = Guthan can heal through your prayer, even though he doesn't wound you, he can somehow hela himself to what hew would have hit.

You will need to dig on the mounds to find a tomb, search the tombs and the brother will attack you, if you fin a tunnel entrance, remember where it is, then move to the next brother

Here are pics of the brothers with a short describtion on killing them.

Verac:

veracs.png

Protect melee at all times, keep an eye on your health as he can hit through your prayer, once defeated you will know the other brothers are much easier.

Ahrims:

ahrims.png

ahrimnoprayer.png

Ahrim can be a high hitter, he has hit 20's on me even though i wear black dragon hide armour, be careful if you are not using protect from mage,

Either protect mage or don't aslong as you are wearing dragon hides or Karils he wont be much of a probelm.

Range him, using magic will be a waste of runes, they are not very efective against him, same goes for melee.

Karil:

Karils.png

Protect range at all times, karil is one of the most dangerous brothers without prayer, his range attacks can hit very high through Guthans, use protect prayers at all times.

Either mage him or melee him, both seem a little weak against him, but you will get there in the end.

Dharok:

dharoks.png

Very dangerous enemy, make sure your prayer is high at all times, incase of lag. He can hit upto 70's i think and without prayer is certain death. Just keep protect melee on and mage him

Torag:

Torags.png

toragswithoutprayer.png

Torag is fairly easy, look at your inven decide wether you can spare some prayer pots and don't protect, I will only use prayer against him on my first few trips as i need to use up the pots to make room.

He can hit upto 40's but this is very very rare and if you are wearing decent armour he will barely touch you

Guthan:

guthan.png

guthans.png

Guthan is easy aswel, you dont really need prayer agaisnt him, he can hit 20's but not verfy often, if you are wearing decent armour he will barely touch you.

4. In The Belly Of The Beast

Once you have defeated 5 brothers you will need to go back to your tunnel entrance. Go down the tunnel, you will find yourself in a simple maze. the maze can get quite confusing, but aslong as you remeber the layout you will be fine

tunnelsmap.png

When you go down the ladder you will appear in one fo the corners, as you make you way to the central room to claim your prize, try to remeber your way back out, as it will save time and some of your health.

There are 4 rooms of enemies around the tomb, they are, Rats, BloodVelds, Skeletons and Spiders. Here are some pics of the monster rooms

skeleroom.png

ratroom.png

===pic coming soon==-==

spiderroom.png

The chest is on the middle of the maze, once you get there, if you havent already spawned the final brother, he will appear from the chest when you go to open it, to claim your reward defeat the ramining brother and search the chest,

The Rewards from the Barrows Minigame are as follows:

Chaos Runes

Blood Runes

Death Runes

Coins

Bolt Racks

Dragon Medium Helms

Half Keys

And if your lucky a piece of Barrows Armour.

Thanks for reading hope you have enjoyed this guide, please leave feedback

viewtopic.php?p=3956321#3956321 Click here to view my guide to Your Kingdom

Yep i have missed of the rewards, thank you for remingding me, and torag hits 40's.

If you bothered to read the guide before posting some noob comment, then you would see that praying on all is not needed.

Now sworddude you go make a guide, spend time doing it, formatting it, collecting pictures, making maps, then let me say something stupid about how bad their post is without reading it. k? stupid noobish child

and it is blood worms not veld also u should always do dharok first well at least i do

Mojo477 has had to quit members so i need friends to talk to on my pure Lived4devil so please add her

"The elves having helped create the crystal saw is like Greenpeace having helped create a nuclear seal skinner"

and it is blood worms not veld also u should always do dharok first well at least i do

Nice spot thanks, just because you do dharok first doesn't mean you should. Starting with verac gives you time to recover qany hits you may loose to him, arhim and karil can lower stats so they come next.

When ever i do barrows i don't really care which brother i do in what order, i just do what ever i see first

Salve Ammy does not work.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

First off nice guide

*Super restores are great at barrows, best used after ahrims for the full effect (use instead of a prayer pot or 2)

*Slave amulet (Does/doesnt work arguement) see this link http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=578317

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Yep i have missed of the rewards, thank you for remingding me, and torag hits 40's.

If you bothered to read the guide before posting some noob comment, then you would see that praying on all is not needed.

Now sworddude you go make a guide, spend time doing it, formatting it, collecting pictures, making maps, then let me say something stupid about how bad their post is without reading it. k? stupid noobish child

Hmm perhaps I should.

Including a video, and a whole lot better than this.

Also Satenza makes the Ultimate Barrows Guides.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

You know I think if you are wearing full guthan you dont really need to pray on Verac, Torag and Guthan, I mean Im lvl 88 with 70 def and use rune legs,chest and can hold most of their attacks usually only waste around 3-4 swordies on them

He says he only uses prayer on them the first few trips to free up some inventory space for the chest.

I will only use prayer against him on my first few trips as i need to use up the pots to make room.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

ok, 2/10

So how many times u been to barrows? 5 max? The barrows guys barely hit on my pathedic rune, You gotta kill Dh first, since his max hit is 59. Melee guys are amround 24, mage is around 20, Karil 20 too.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?