Party hats, would people wear them if.....

ewan

Nope the only reason people like them is because they cost so much.

i find that a bit sad in some ways because its like finding something you like then finding something expensive. of course i would wear one. ::'

sig2-1.jpg

Kiss me, i'm part Irish!

I would wear em if they were free.... They look sooo coool

128+ Combat \\ 1900+ Total Level \\ 85M+ EXP

5,999th To 99 Woodcutting Achieved June 27, 2007

66,931st To 99 Strength Achieved January 23rd, 2009

Draconic Visage: 1+ \\ DK Drops: 169+ \\ GWD Drops: 74+

Call me childish but there was a Spongebob episode that reflects this exact situation, where he found one of those quirky drinks-on-cap hats and people were offering lots of money for it because it was unique. His boss after knowing he got it from a graveyard went gravedigging for one and the following day it became as common as dirt, rendering it worthless.

Moral: People only want things that are rare regardless of aesthetic value. If the Earth's crust was made of diamond nobody would really crave them.

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

If they would cost 1 gp and were not rare, I really think that you wouldn't say that they are cool... How often do you go around with lets say... A brown apron as it costs about 1 gp and think that it's cool. Na-huh!

Yeah u have a point but here's the difference...Party hats are actually really cool looking...any of the items sold for 1 gp now Ex. the brow apron are just plain ugly

If it wasn't EVER a rare, some people would still wear it. It's not like ordinary clothes, it's a party hat.

If it was a rare, lots of people would keep wearing it, just because of the former status

I agree. It has such a reputation that it would never go out of style, I think.

But it would be a better idea if you could buy Christmas crackers for 1gp and have about a 25% success rate for getting a party hat. :D All the others would have spinach rolls, or something bogus.

i agree, but it should be 10%, to make it more rare...no,no,no,1%!it would still be rare but everyone(me) can get it!
mememe513.png

Call me childish but there was a Spongebob episode that reflects this exact situation, where he found one of those quirky drinks-on-cap hats and people were offering lots of money for it because it was unique. His boss after knowing he got it from a graveyard went gravedigging for one and the following day it became as common as dirt, rendering it worthless.

Moral: People only want things that are rare regardless of aesthetic value. If the Earth's crust was made of diamond nobody would really crave them.

Nice reference! +1

songokusigtif.png