Halo 3

Doughnut

I can't wait for Halo 3 to come out :P . But you won't play as a Hunter or a Grunt; you'll be playing as a Brute :D . Well, half the time a Brute, other half as MC. Should be good \:D/

halo2sigcj2.png

Thanks Jason321 for the sig!^

Proud to have served the Tip.it Crew

Drops: 2x D Chain, 1x D Legs, 2x D Left Half, 1x D spear, 2x D med (monsters), 5x D Med (Barrows), 4x D Axe, 2x Zerker, Abyssal whip x1, 7x D Boots

Barrows items: 55 (not counting the meds)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gameplay: This is where the game shines. The run'n'gun, close combat frantic fighting makes for some of the most fun FPS experiences ever. We can see this especially in the multiplayer aspect, perhaps the best the xbox has to offer (and thats saying something, owing to Live). The singleplayer is fun too. The near constant fight to stay alive and the desire to finish ur goals is a very fun mix.

I stopped reading there. Run 'n' gun games are very tiresome and pretty boring. Halo made it worse with their suit thing that can regenerate. Seriously, I played on the hardest level and I could simply kill everyone in a room, hide, carry on. Rinse and repeat.

An ideal FPS would be one such as Rainbow Six (Realistic damage, as in you can only take a few hits), but in a Medal of Honour setting. I hate "one man army" games, in real life they'd never send a single person to kill X amount of whatever.

If anyone remembers a game called Operation Flashpoint, you'd know what i'm talking about. You start out as a private in a war during '91 and are always with a group. (Except one level where you get lost from your group after you get ambushed.) You are constantly on your toes looking for any stragglers who managed to sneak past incase they get you.

If you get shot in the legs, you go down and are forced to crawl. If you get shot in the chest, you have a lower stamina. If you take one in the arm, your aim is greatly affected. If you take a bullet to the head, that's it - game over.

None of this "I can take 50 shots before it even begins hurting my health", it makes for too easy gameplay.

Doom. [Yeah, Wolfenstien 3D was the first -- but doom did it better.]

No doubt, W3D was simply a stepping stone towards Doom. Wolf just lacked a bit of contrast. The guns weren't different, they just fired quicker. The levels were quite often identical. (I guess it was an attempt to break out of a prison, so it's kinda a good thing it was the same)

But nowadays when you look back on Doom, it seems to have little contrast.

But to be honest, i'd much rather have Doom than most new FPS' being released.

knkcopy.jpg

I stopped reading there. Run 'n' gun games are very tiresome and pretty boring. Halo made it worse with their suit thing that can regenerate. Seriously, I played on the hardest level and I could simply kill everyone in a room, hide, carry on. Rinse and repeat.

An ideal FPS would be one such as Rainbow Six (Realistic damage, as in you can only take a few hits), but in a Medal of Honour setting. I hate "one man army" games, in real life they'd never send a single person to kill X amount of whatever.

If anyone remembers a game called Operation Flashpoint, you'd know what i'm talking about. You start out as a private in a war during '91 and are always with a group. (Except one level where you get lost from your group after you get ambushed.) You are constantly on your toes looking for any stragglers who managed to sneak past incase they get you.

If you get shot in the legs, you go down and are forced to crawl. If you get shot in the chest, you have a lower stamina. If you take one in the arm, your aim is greatly affected. If you take a bullet to the head, that's it - game over.

None of this "I can take 50 shots before it even begins hurting my health", it makes for too easy gameplay.

:-k

Well, its true the run'n'gun has been overplayed, but doesnt make it a bad theme, just a repetitive one (to that few who actually play that many fps games). I'm having a hard time believing u found the legendary mode so very easy. Even if it were true, remember that almost everyone finds playing halo (at least the 1st time) challenging. Besides, wats a games if its too hard to play? And i never said squad games can be bad. If GRAW is anything like rainbow six, then it wud be incredibly fun. But diff ppl have diff tastes, so i guess theres no point in forcing u to change ur mind ::'

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

:-k

Well, its true the run'n'gun has been overplayed, but doesnt make it a bad theme, just a repetitive one (to that few who actually play that many fps games). I'm having a hard time believing u found the legendary mode so very easy. Even if it were true, remember that almost everyone finds playing halo (at least the 1st time) challenging. Besides, wats a games if its too hard to play? And i never said squad games can be bad. If GRAW is anything like rainbow six, then it wud be incredibly fun. But diff ppl have diff tastes, so i guess theres no point in forcing u to change ur mind ::'

Yup, legendary mode is.... hard. If you find legendary mode that easy you should be the next John "Fatal1ty" Wendell. :P

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

Have you guys seen the "Y tu Brute?" video clip they made?

It explains how they made the Brute more powerful and actually acts interesting to fight and more intelligent. They also show real live gameplay! It is so pretty sweet. But to me, it looks like the SMG is going to stay the same :(.

Training my pure!

dddog6.png