Halo 3

Doughnut

Halo 1 was Awesome...Halo 2 was Awesomer...Halo 3 will be Awesomerer.

And Halo Wars should rock aswell.

Best Games...Ever.

The only game that rivals the Halo series is GOW.

Its definitely the best game to play at console LANs and takes ages to get bored of...unless you suck at it. Anyways Half Life sucks and so does Warcraft. Halo 3 is already awesome as and its not even done yet.

Hi, you must be either:

1. [*:skp1n8m2]New to the internet.

[*:skp1n8m2]13 year old.

Or C, which is most likely:

[*:skp1n8m2]All of the above.

knkcopy.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best Games...Ever.

Its definitely the best game to play at console LANs and takes ages to get bored of...unless you suck at it. Anyways Half Life sucks and so does Warcraft. Halo 3 is already awesome as and its not even done yet.

Hi, you must be either:

1. [*:2zbqg2z1]New to the internet.

[*:2zbqg2z1]13 year old.

[*:2zbqg2z1]All of the above.

:lol: . He perfectly sums up a large portion of the fan base for halo.

Best Games...Ever.

Hi, you must be either:

1. [*:3kaabnc5]New to the internet.

[*:3kaabnc5]13 year old.

[*:3kaabnc5]All of the above.

What were halo fanboys before halo was released? :-k

knkcopy.jpg

Best Games...Ever.

Hi, you must be either:

1. [*:1cwo8zgj]New to the internet.

[*:1cwo8zgj]13 year old.

[*:1cwo8zgj]All of the above.

People waiting for halo. :shock:

In all serriousness, however, Halo really was the one game that brought FPS's to the 'non-gamers'. Kind of like what WoW did for MMORPGS really.

So there really wernt any "Halo fanboys" in the sense that before halo there really wern't any "cool games" to play, and gaming was usualy looked down apon ;p.

Best Games...Ever.

Hi, you must be either:

1. [*:tkteo38n]New to the internet.

[*:tkteo38n]13 year old.

[*:tkteo38n]All of the above.

People waiting for halo. :shock:

In all serriousness, however, Halo really was the one game that brought FPS's to the 'non-gamers'. Kind of like what WoW did for MMORPGS really.

So there really wernt any "Halo fanboys" in the sense that before halo there really wern't any "cool games" to play, and gaming was usualy looked down apon ;p.

ever heard of FIFA?

i hate that downright scumpile of a series of games... and EA for churning them out year after year

Tk5SF.png

Best Games...Ever.

Hi, you must be either:

1. [*:3oj4qoac]New to the internet.

[*:3oj4qoac]13 year old.

[*:3oj4qoac]All of the above.

Which is why we get a bad rep. At least 75% of the players are [developmentally delayed]ed 3 -year-olds that think they're amazing at life because they do nothing but play Halo all day.

Not ALL of us are like that though, thank God.

Also, it isn't really fair to be comparing Gears of War to Halo, they have different concepts. Halo = run 'n' gun, Gears of War = duck 'n' cover.

Best Games...Ever.

Hi, you must be either:

1. [*:3c0a6kdk]New to the internet.

[*:3c0a6kdk]13 year old.

[*:3c0a6kdk]All of the above.

Which is why we get a bad rep. At least 75% of the players are [developmentally delayed] 3 -year-olds that think they're amazing at life because they do nothing but play Halo all day.

Not ALL of us are like that though, thank God.

Also, it isn't really fair to be comparing Gears of War to Halo, they have different concepts. Halo = run 'n' gun, Gears of War = duck 'n' cover.

It's absolutely fair to compare them. They're both FPS's. Same Genre. Though I believe most game review sites catagorize Halo as a "Shooter" and GoW as a "Tacticle Shooter", but whatever. Just because GoW spanks Halo doesn't mean it's out of Halo's genre...It means Halo is outdated. Run n' Gun games are days of the past, hopefully, because they're really not fun once you play something like GoW.

...And Halo fanboys were Counterstrike players before Halo. :P

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

It's absolutely fair to compare them. They're both FPS's. Same Genre. Though I believe most game review sites catagorize Halo as a "Shooter" and GoW as a "Tacticle Shooter", but whatever. Just because GoW spanks Halo doesn't mean it's out of Halo's genre...It means Halo is outdated. Run n' Gun games are days of the past, hopefully, because they're really not fun once you play something like GoW.

...And Halo fanboys were Counterstrike players before Halo. :P

Because you're the almighty authority on what game is better, right? :roll: Both are great in their own respect.

And by the way, Gears of War is third-person. Not the same genre :mrgreen:

Agreed on the last statement though.

Best Games...Ever.

Hi, you must be either:

1. [*:6cpmxmwo]New to the internet.

[*:6cpmxmwo]13 year old.

[*:6cpmxmwo]All of the above.

Which is why we get a bad rep. At least 75% of the players are [developmentally delayed] 3 -year-olds that think they're amazing at life because they do nothing but play Halo all day.

100% true... If you ever play live, all you will hear is a bunch of young kids with high voices that mumble because they're eating candy all the time while talking.

And IMO, WoW is not that great of a game...

Best Games...Ever.

Hi, you must be either:

1. [*:vspt7s4b]New to the internet.

[*:vspt7s4b]13 year old.

[*:vspt7s4b]All of the above.

100% true... If you ever play live, all you will hear is a bunch of young kids with high voices that mumble because they're eating candy all the time while talking.

And IMO, WoW is not that great of a game...

Well, if you want to get technical, it's better than runescape. :wink:

None-the-less I'm simply playing it until Age of Conan comes out. Right now the majority of MMO's suck.

halo 3 looks good but it will only be for xbox 360

sony and micrsoft are going for graphics and they use the same controller evey time

nintendo are going for new ways of gaming

and halo 3 is not going to revolutionize anything it will be a slightly different sotry line but same as the other 2

wendigo66.jpeg

click my sig for my blog!!!

Thanks everyone for the sigs they pwn!

No. Why should i give presents for someone in rs?

Most selfish thing I've ever heard

sony and micrsoft are going for graphics and they use the same controller evey time

and halo 3 is not going to revolutionize anything it will be a slightly different sotry line but same as the other 2

Since when was motion sense a new way of gaming? The technology has been around for ages. It's simply frivilous. Sucks to be people who want a Wii but don't have any room to move about to play it.

And lets have a quick re-cap. What was the first controller to introduce analog sticks? I think you'll find it was the Playstation. Sony.

And while we're on the topic of Hola.

holahf2.png

knkcopy.jpg

Since when was motion sense a new way of gaming? The technology has been around for ages. It's simply frivilous. Sucks to be people who want a Wii but don't have any room to move about to play it.

And lets have a quick re-cap. What was the first controller to introduce analog sticks? I think you'll find it was the Playstation. Sony.

And while we're on the topic of Hola.

holahf2.png

I believe motion sensing is considered "revolutionary" because it is one step close to being completely "immeresed" in the game. I have not played the Wii yet but from what I understand you have to be up and moving otherwise you kind of suck. If that is true then this may bring the fat population of video gamers down a bit. ::' Well from what I understand Sony was part of Nintendo until something happened and they split up. So Technically Nintendo could have been making plans for the analog but Sony stole it. Just my two cents :-k

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

I believe motion sensing is considered "revolutionary" because it is one step close to being completely "immeresed" in the game. I have not played the Wii yet but from what I understand you have to be up and moving otherwise you kind of suck. If that is true then this may bring the fat population of video gamers down a bit. ::' Well from what I understand Sony was part of Nintendo until something happened and they split up. So Technically Nintendo could have been making plans for the analog but Sony stole it. Just my two cents :-k

Like I said, it's not new, so it's not revolutionary. I doubt it'll bring down the fat population, they just won't play and/or eat more because they're "working out".

And no, Nintendo never worked on analog sticks with Sony. They worked together to make a CD-ROM console. But, conflicts grew and they both dropped the project. Then Sony decided to work on with it.

The story of the PlayStation began back in 1991. Nintendo wanted to incorporate CD-ROM into their Super Nintendo Entertainment System (Super NES). After some talks, Sony agreed to create the PlayStation, which would connect to the Super NES and allow it to play games from a CD-ROM drive. But before the end of the summer, Nintendo and Sony parted ways, cancelling their deal. Nintendo decided to try out Philips' CD-I technology, and Sony was left with the PlayStation, which they decided to keep developing.

In 1992 Nintendo and Sony joined forces once again to create the PlayStation. However, due to a conflict of visions for the PlayStation, they parted ways yet again. Nintendo still wanted the PlayStation to work in combination with the Super NES, while Sony wanted the PlayStation to be a standalone video game system.

Sony was left with a CD-ROM video game add-on. They decided to make a complete video game system all by themselves; they had all the right hardware to make something, they had a framework for a system left behind from their dealings with Nintendo, so why not?

Finally, in 1994 the Sony PlayStation was released in Japan. It became an instant success, and a wide variety of games were available with it. While a newcomer to the gaming industry, Sony was, and still is, a consumer electronics giant. They utilized their budget to back the PlayStation with advertising campaigns and quality software in time for their American launch in September 1995.

This is the truly amazing part of the PlayStation story: Sony, a newbie to the gaming industry totally uprooted two established big names: Nintendo and Sega.

To this day, the PlayStation is still on top of the competition, and continues to make more money for Sony than all of their other consumer electronics combined! To date, the PlayStation has sold more than 50 million units world-wide.

knkcopy.jpg

Hmmm....i never knew that part of Sony's history. Makes me respect them more. Still, we can see a noticeable impact on Sony's record by their near-total failure of PS3 launch (or at least lack of success, they are after all sold out - except not enough sold at no profit). These days really make the PS series look as if they are going to die... :-k

Well back on topic. I wanted to point out why i have the Halo series as among my favorite.

Graphics: Well, Halo1 wasnt phenomenal, but it wasnt bad either. Halo 2 was much better in terms of lighting,textures character design, and area graphics and such, as well as improving on more trivial things. True, it wasnt exactly the best there was, but it was nice to look at.

Gameplay: This is where the game shines. The run'n'gun, close combat frantic fighting makes for some of the most fun FPS experiences ever. We can see this especially in the multiplayer aspect, perhaps the best the xbox has to offer (and thats saying something, owing to Live). The singleplayer is fun too. The near constant fight to stay alive and the desire to finish ur goals is a very fun mix.

Level design: This was a major problem for halo1, because the same background, textures, etc were repeated over and over. Halo2 improved this, but didnt remove it. But the basic design in the game was great. There were new weapons when u needed to use them, new enemies in dramatic locations, dark areas for suspense and bright areas for pitched battles. Classic, but not perfect. Halo3 maybe?

AI: I was dissapointed here. The ai is as dumb as a rock in halo1. They all just stand there shooting you, and dont even think of cover in half the fights. Halo2 is sort of better there, but what i really found good was the funny lines that ur ai buddies would tell u in casual conversation, just hundreds of them.

The fan base...: I hear lots of compaints of the fans of halo2 being too rabid or too narrowminded. But i admit...its true -.- .... But think of it the other way, the fact that such a large base exists at all is an achievement in its own right?

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

Best Games...Ever.

what the ^&*@#$ are you talkin about! There are so many meesed up opininons. Warcraft 3 revolutionized internet realtime strategy with its custom games! After it, all rts tried to mimic it, like age of empires and I bet Halo Wars will try to too. Just to add: warcraft 3 came out in 2001 but there is 50,000 to 100,000 thousand people playing at at any given time!

I don't even know where to start....

Well I searched and there don't seem to be any posts about it.

Are you sure about that? There's only been, like, a hundred freakin' posts about this game.

Anywho, will Halo 3 will redifine gaming Just like Halo and Halo 2 did?

Re...re....redefine gaming? Did we play the same game?

oh, and, THIS IS ALL IN MY OPINION :?

I swear I searched Halo 3 and nothing came up. <.<

And personally I think it did.

Should try harder searching ;p.

Mind telling me, because I really am currious, how did halo exactly revolutionize gaming?

Was it the multiplayer? Nope, Goldeneye nearly perfected that for Console FPS's way back when.

Was it the kewl vehicles? Nope, games had been using vehicles way before halo.

Was it the grand level design? Nope, it was mostly the same beat this level >> go to next level >> go to next level deal that I thought we got away from in the genre. And don't even get me started on the alien ships. *yawn*

Was it the 'ground breaking' graphics? Not really, considering you really can't revolutionize anything with a purdy look.

did any of those games have it all in the same package with possible 8 vs 8 games and live?

no.

did any of those games have it all in the same package with possible 8 vs 8 games and live?

no.

Too many pc FPS shooters to list for this case if you want to talk about internet play. If so, halo was certainly not the first online FPS and deffinitly not the first online console FPS. I really don't see why you bothered adding that, because I'm arguing that the game is simply not revolutionary in the sense that it didn't add anything new or make anything better.

no.

Too many pc FPS shooters to list for this case if you want to talk about internet play. If so, halo was certainly not the first online FPS and deffinitly not the first online console FPS. I really don't see why you bothered adding that, because I'm arguing that the game is simply not revolutionary in the sense that it didn't add anything new or make anything better.

im saying not many games have a wide variety of vehicles, online play, large multiplayer games that can be played in the same room (lan parties), large levels, and decent weaponry all in the same game.

I agree halo isnt the best game, but its not bad by any means.

K, here's why Halo 2 redefined gaming: meleeing and shooting with same weapon, energy sword, battle rifle, plasma pistol, brute shot, awesome grenades...

And if Halo 3 makes my newly bought Halo 2 drop in price before I sell it, I'm going to energy sword bungie.

Losers...

Are you blind or ignoring me on purpose?

Even though I sometimes side with religious people in some debates, I no longer consider myself religious.

K, here's why Halo 2 redefined gaming: meleeing and shooting with same weapon, energy sword, battle rifle, plasma pistol, brute shot, awesome grenades...

And if Halo 3 makes my newly bought Halo 2 drop in price before I sell it, I'm going to energy sword bungie.

... Serriously, your saying that being able to smack someone in melee with a weapon redefined gaming? :shock: :? .

First of all, Halo was not the first that did that. I don't know the "first" that did it [probaly an older game] but I know for sure that many games before it had melee with some guns. Fairly sure goldeneye had some, and a lot of WW II games had bayonets with their guns for melee.

... Serriously, your saying that being able to smack someone in melee with a weapon redefined gaming? :shock: :? .

:lol:

There is a reason they have no reason to say WHY it revolutionized gaming. 'Cause it didn't!

"Revolutionizing gaming" is thrown around too damn much by people. And some developers alike. Remember when Peter Molyneux said Fable would be the game to end all games? Was he right? Heeeeeeeeell no, and noone let him forget how badly he failed. I liked Fable, but it certainly did not end all games...Personally, I just bought Black & White 2 (made by Lionhead aswell), and that game is more entertaining than Fable. :P Lucky for Molyneux, most people are actually impressed by what they've seen in Fable 2. Dynamic areas that can be used while fighting n' stuff...It's shaping up to be pretty cool, but there isn't too much information yet.

If someone likes a game, they'll say it revolutionized gaming. *Shrug* Probably because it revolutionized how THEY play certain games. Like I said before, there are so few games that can ever claim to have revolutionized gaming, or even come close, and Halo isn't one of them. :P

Still waiting for Spore... :-w

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

:lol:

There is a reason they have no reason to say WHY it revolutionized gaming. 'Cause it didn't!

"Revolutionizing gaming" is thrown around too damn much by people. And some developers alike. Remember when Peter Molyneux said Fable would be the game to end all games? Was he right? Heeeeeeeeell no, and noone let him forget how badly he failed. I liked Fable, but it certainly did not end all games...Personally, I just bought Black & White 2 (made by Lionhead aswell), and that game is more entertaining than Fable. :P Lucky for Molyneux, most people are actually impressed by what they've seen in Fable 2. Dynamic areas that can be used while fighting n' stuff...It's shaping up to be pretty cool, but there isn't too much information yet.

If someone likes a game, they'll say it revolutionized gaming. *Shrug* Probably because it revolutionized how THEY play certain games. Like I said before, there are so few games that can ever claim to have revolutionized gaming, or even come close, and Halo isn't one of them. :P

Still waiting for Spore... :-w

Fully agreed. It isn't something that happens every month. In fact, off the top of my head, a few of the games [iMO] that really "revolutionized" gaming [in relation to their genre] were:

Half life. [brought a story oreinted game with seemless levels to FPS gaming, and also was just a damn good polished game].

Diablo [Revived the dying RPG games back in the day, and brought the idea of "hack and slash" RPG's]

Doom. [Yeah, Wolfenstine 3D was the first -- but doom did it better.]

Civilisation [i've never really sat down and played the game, but from what I've seen it really did do a ton to the genre]

Grand Theft Auto [even though not my favorite game, it "did" perfect the open ended style many games try to copy]

Mario 64 [Pretty much was the first "good" 3D platformer game, really turned around the genre]

Goldeneye [because of the multiplayer, IMO].

Those are about all I can think of that were really *big* in their genres development as a whole. Redefining and revolutionizing gaming isn't about just being a good game but doing stuff and perfecting stuff other games have not.