EverythingPhotography. The one and only thead [Large Images]

ThoseTheBrokes

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terley, you are quite good at photography actually =D>

The gravestone one looks very dramatic, it is hard to make a good black and white picture like you did.

Keep it up :wink:

By the way, I think I can start this idea... I thought Id lose 2 days with getting people joining, but it took just a few hours :)

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

hmm i have so many photos which id like to post here, but i dont want to re-upload on imageshack at the moment, so for now, heres my dA gallery :D Fav's and comments appreciated, i only got ma acct 3 days ago, so yeah. short on fav's and comments :lol:

Shadows dA gallery

will post some actual pictures here later though.

and im interested in joining the picture of the month or whatever you'll call it :D

turtsigs2.jpeg

Featuring in my sig: TURT, ma pet turdle!

Thanks to- Runemetsa and Aijiru for two of the great sigs!

Photographers, I have an idea.

Who would join some sort of a 'Photo of the Month Competition'?

I will organize it if more then 5 people would join, otherwise it would be useless.

Who is in?

-woopidoo2

-

-

-

-

-

I'd be in - but with school and such, I might not have time to take photos interpreting a certain theme each month, so could you submit older photos?

woopidoo2, I would like to join such a competition. :)

Right now I haven't taken much photos at all, so a competition might get my gears working :P

sig3j.jpg

If you have a goal, go for it :D Work hard, be proud and be yourself ;)

woopidoo2, I would like to join such a competition. :)

Right now I haven't taken much photos at all, so a competition might get my gears working :P

Zargo! 8-)

The competition has started, look at the Photo of the Month Sticky :wink:

carsignatureis3.jpg

Greenslime.. on Stock.xchng is there anyway to find out the reason for a photo being rejected?

Greenslime doesnt use SXC, I tried to convince him but he still doesnt want to register :wink:

At SXC, I use the 'My Account' button and the ''My Photos' buttons most.

You can see a list of all photos you have uploaded at 'My Photos'. If you see an orange dot behind it, the photo is rejected and when the dot is green it is approved.

At the 'My Account' page, you see a small list of statistics at the right, like the total number of downloads.

carsignatureis3.jpg

I like it.

Few things..

Level the ground with the photograph.

Try and get the line of the snow about half way down.

So the bottom half is snow, Top half is sky.

Equal halves, That's what I mean.

Tsk tsk tsk. Never split the composition in two. The rule of thirds is a fantastic compositional rule.

Rule of thirds

I'd describe it, but I've got a 200 word french folio piece to learn for tomorrow. I'd best get started! If you look at a few of my photos and imagine the third lines, you'll see I hold this compositional rule very highly.

A little link for digital users to check out. I found this on another forum. You might want to check it out too. My CCDs are fine. I hope all you guys don't need to bother about this.

link

Just a wee reminder to everyone who uses digital cameras :P

Bump up from the scary depths of The Gallery.

I've been looking at this lens, Incredibly cheap for a Canon 300mm.

Does anyone own one? Is it worth getting?

And most of all is it compatible with a Canon Eos 400D?

Wow, this thread sorta died back there didn't it? :P

Onto business: If you want to send me a link to the site selling the lens, I can get more information. I'm assuming that it's the EF 90mm-300mm F4-5.6 though. I've heard that its a fairly good lens but it isn't the sharpest lens out there. This is a good lens to have in your bag, there is a cheaper Tamron, but the build quality and handling are reported to be better.

Most of the canon lenses now are compatable with the EOS series, Canon's relatively new system. I say relatively new as they have many film cameras in the EOS range. THe mount that you'll be after is ideally an EF mount. This allows you to use the lens on any EOS camera including the full frame 5D, 1D, 1Ds and the 1D MK II. An EF-S mount is only compatable with the Canon's D-SLRs with a smaller APS-C size sensor. The lens I recommended is for D-SLRs only, but it's of superb build quality for the price.

Oh yeah, you might want to remember the crop factor of 1.6. This means that a 90mm-300mm lens would become a 144mm-480mm lens. I'm saving for the lens I recommended to you, just be sure to order any third party lenses in a Canon mount.

Bump up from the scary depths of The Gallery.

I've been looking at this lens, Incredibly cheap for a Canon 300mm.

Does anyone own one? Is it worth getting?

And most of all is it compatible with a Canon Eos 400D?

Wow, this thread sorta died back there didn't it? :P

Onto business: If you want to send me a link to the site selling the lens, I can get more information. I'm assuming that it's the EF 90mm-300mm F4-5.6 though. I've heard that its a fairly good lens but it isn't the sharpest lens out there. This is a good lens to have in your bag, there is a cheaper Tamron, but the build quality and handling are reported to be better.

Most of the canon lenses now are compatable with the EOS series, Canon's relatively new system. I say relatively new as they have many film cameras in the EOS range. THe mount that you'll be after is ideally an EF mount. This allows you to use the lens on any EOS camera including the full frame 5D, 1D, 1Ds and the 1D MK II. An EF-S mount is only compatable with the Canon's D-SLRs with a smaller APS-C size sensor. The lens I recommended is for D-SLRs only, but it's of superb build quality for the price.

Oh yeah, you might want to remember the crop factor of 1.6. This means that a 90mm-300mm lens would become a 144mm-480mm lens. I'm saving for the lens I recommended to you, just be sure to order any third party lenses in a Canon mount.

Tar, This is the link..

http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Product ... ID=26341#1

EF mount, I hope that's compatible with a Canon Eos 400D, I'll check the mount on mine, I should imagine it will be..

EDIT: Ok, I just re-read your post after skimming though it, Thankyou very much.

And what's that crop think you spoke about? I'm a bit unsure on that one.

My dA account.

paranoiaao8.jpg

.retired, as of the 1st January 2008.

Just wanted to announce this,

I am done searching for a camera to buy, I am going to buy a Canon EOS 350D! =D>

Oi oi, What's the price difference between the 350 and the 400?

Quite alot, but I dont really know how much, Because the 350D is out of stock in The Netherlands. (When my dad is in America he will buy it in dollars)

carsignatureis3.jpg