First time making a dragon, crits please. {Completely Done}

Mac_The_Rocker

Texturing and colouring is really good but the dragon linework is off.

It's body is way to thin, looks like a lizard instead of a mighty dragon! needs bigger horns and bigger wings, longer body, bigger front legs.

It's like the head and neck are really good then it merges into a really small dragon that doesnt fit, but it is your first attempt at a dragon so naturally there will be some anatomy issues, but good luck on your next one and great colouring just BEEF IT OUT \'

Lowgravity, I want to be just like you. But...I never will be as 1337 as you. :(

that my friend, is a fine piece of work.

i can tell you've tried alot on it

but yeah as LG said, the body is a bit off, try and make the dragon a bit more fierce in retrospect, maybe add some fierce [bleep]es on its wings and tail like so:

dragonegvm3.png

sorry, i could only get my SMALL point across through imagery, hope you dont mind the edit O:)

Never saw the movie, plus I don't really enjoy junk like that.

Movies kill your books, mainly because it forces your imagination into the movie, there by destroying what you pictured what the book "should've been"

To sum all of that up.

I just read the books ::'

Some things are best left unexamined.

Movies kill your books, mainly because it forces your imagination into the movie, there by destroying what you pictured what the book "should've been"

To sum all of that up.

i take my hat off to you mac :P

i agree completely.

anyway, you/we/they/god :lol: should focus on the size of the dragon :pray:

To sum all of that up.

are you by any chance some evil monster that has come down or uhh up? or from besides? diagonal angels? to taunt is with your evil "books" ?

you can't listen to books man, it makes them utter silent and seriously that kills my brain..

+ there's no energy in them!

the scales on the neck need some work, plus the size of it.. naturally..

might do good with a bit moe of a belly? you want your dragon to scream MIGHT POWER! so you have to make it big muscular and well go wild on that..

the wings are at a wrong angle, considering your viewing from a diagonal view from bove, then what is now the let's say upper side of the wing, should be down!

junctionku9.jpg

To sum all of that up.

that book there my friend is a quilty book!!!!!but i do admit they should have never made it into the movie

ne way the dragon kinda seems anerexic like even i could take it in a fight!!!

sig and avy by born2die

To sum all of that up.

Hear hear, had to see the movie for my sisters b'day, honestly, one of the worst i've seen. It had so little to do with the book and the overall plot it wasn't funny, i was practiacally moaning the whole way though at the incorectnesss.

Lovin the pixel, although, as said he could be bulkier, and the wings look a tad odd, it'l be interesting animated, what will be?

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

Updated. Will animate.

I can't wait for animation.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

To sum all of that up.

I read the books too, my favourite books of all time! I hear they are bringing out a new one soon! ::'

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

I disagree... from my point of view it looks like the dragon is flying sorta at a 3\4 angle towards somthing not across it... therefore the dragon would be smaller at the end... espically if it was a large dragon...

I pesonally think this is you best work yet... props to you! love the sky =P~

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

I disagree... from my point of view it looks like the dragon is flying sorta at a 3\4 angle towards somthing not across it... therefore the dragon would be smaller at the end... espically if it was a large dragon...

NO! No no no no! damnit man NOT at this angle! not THAT extreme!

and NO that dragon does not look mighty or large! it looks like a [bleep]ing humming bird with a long neck and a weird head.

sorry man your giving false critisisme here and are giving disregard to correct critisme.

the tail would grow smaller in the distance, but only slightly because of the angle.

i will no repeat my CORRECT critisisme, critisisme that i have done research for, yet was ignored?

this Dragon needs a belly, yeah a belly and a big mighty chest, and muscular legs, because right now this dragon.. if it is a dragon looks like it's anorexic.. or a big sissy or not that big, it's how you look at it.

plus i think the dragon broke his inexsisting back.

sorry to come off agry but listen to me..

junctionku9.jpg

NO! No no no no! damnit man NOT at this angle! not THAT extreme!

and NO that dragon does not look mighty or large! it looks like a [bleep] humming bird with a long neck and a weird head.

sorry man your giving false critisisme here and are giving disregard to correct critisme.

the tail would grow smaller in the distance, but only slightly because of the angle.

i will no repeat my CORRECT critisisme, critisisme that i have done research for, yet was ignored?

this Dragon needs a belly, yeah a belly and a big mighty chest, and muscular legs, because right now this dragon.. if it is a dragon looks like it's anorexic.. or a big sissy or not that big, it's how you look at it.

plus i think the dragon broke his inexsisting back.

sorry to come off agry but listen to me..

it might be a bit steep at the end maybe it should be SLIGHTLY... large at the tail... but not by much

who says a dragon has to be powerful and strong you can have sleak small dragons... :roll:

I would say the far wing needs to be ajusted... and yeah the neck could use a bit of work for future reference...

but i still think the dragon as a whole looks pretty nice... only thing i would say needs to be changed - like really needs to be changeds is that far wing... and maybe the near one also

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

Nice work, although the animation could be alot smoother. Same delay between lightnings, but more frames, ofcourse thats a bigger filesize but it'l look better.

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

I like the sig alot man, i dunno why people are whining about the dragon looking like a lizard.. Who wants an overweight dragon anyway? :o

To sum all of that up.

Also, i can't agree with you more, i love reading the Harry Potters, the book is great, but the films aren't so good :(

Currently awaiting the arrival of the 7th book :(

Hurry up J.K.Rowling! :(

if53pv.png

Tough times don't last. Tough people do.