How to make a clan meeting work???

p51mustang23

I have been a clan leader b4 and the hardest thing to do in a clan is to have a clan meeting that flows smoothly. 500 people try to talk at once and it gets really confuzing.

What do ur clans do to have good meetings?

What do u think are the most important things to discuss at meetings?

Should all clan members attend meetings or just upper ranked ppl?

+anything else meeting related.

Btw im not a clan leader anymor (wonder why lolz :P )

Robin hood x1 - D left half x1 - Karils coif x1

Sara plate x1 - D legs x1 - Black mask x2

Zammy plate x1 - Torags hammers x1 - granite maul x1

Red mystic top x2 - Red mystic bottom x 6 -

P51mustang23.png

p51mustang23.png

I moved this to clan help and advice. in the future all clan help related topics belong there.

EDIT: my bad on moveing it to garveyard help and advice. sorry about that it should be fixed soon.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

okay then ill have a go. the things that you should disscuss with the leaders are. how are the men? do you have any suggestions? is your command at full streangth? any other ideas or suggestions?. and dont forget to tell them this weeks and months goals.

as too who to invite, invite the officers and leave the non ranking people to do somthing else unless they will remain absolutely silent and only pm there commander. that pretty much solves your problem with spam.

also if you like you could have abit of a costume party to make it abit more entertaining. your men would apreaceate somthing to do while they listen to you.

be sure to have told the meeting place well in advance (i.e. a day or so on the fourm)

I hope this helps. do you have any other questions?

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

By clan meetings I am assuming you gather everyone just to say a few words, it's boring and not many people want to truely attend 'clan meetings'. This is why forums and other forms of communication are essential in a smooth running clan because it is better to have all members updated on current situations and surroundings as opposed to having 'clan meetings'. Aswell as the possibility of announcing important information or so before a clan PK so it is out of the way and said.

deadforumslol.png

By clan meetings I am assuming you gather everyone just to say a few words, it's boring and not many people want to truely attend 'clan meetings'. This is why forums and other forms of communication are essential in a smooth running clan because it is better to have all members updated on current situations and surroundings as opposed to having 'clan meetings'.
That's very true. I stopped doing clan meetings early last year because I saw how the attention span of most people is very....small. Forums are much more organized & even more fun. Clan meetings with 500 people will be hectic, so I think u should find a way to mute everyone & let the leader(s) talk for a while, then let everyone give their opinions. It will get hectic there too :|

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

Yeah,if your making a clan meeting to ask for suggestions or ideas to improve your clan to a better clan I would suggest using the forums or mIRC or even instant messenger.

If your making a clan meeting where only your making small announcements and all those stuff then all you have to do is ask them to set their PUBLIC chat to FRIENDS and make sure they add you.Then,set your PRIVATE chat to ON and then you can speak.

Unless your a player moderator.Doesn't matter how they set their public chat,they can still hear you.

Burn+777.png

Ok, I am a Clan Leader and i've attempted meetings with only up to 50 meetings and it was VERY hard. Trying to get 30-50 people to vote on something is hard to. Therefore I created the Council. I recommend EVERYONE to do something like this. It's my most trusted, mature, calm, and obedient members in the clan. Now with there help I usually can shut everyone up (always 2 or 3 who keep talking...ehem, air x raid if you ever read this...) So you should NEVER try to shut everyone up on your own, get some help.

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

I also recommend you NEVER get your clan bigger than what your friends list can hold. I won't let my clan get over 70 members - cuz I'm f2p - 100 friends only on my list. I mean seriously, in a 500 member clan communitcation would be horrible unless EVERYONE (which I doubt every1) is VERY active on a clan website/forums....

In situations like this please edit your previos post instead of replying too it. ~Bufoman

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

• 4 weeks later...