[When All is Lost] IndyArt--Photomanipulation.

Azvareth

Was bored today. So I decided to make another photomanip. in Photoshop.

-I used four different stockphotos.

-The end result had around- and over 100 layers.

-Inspiration: DevART (shoot me) and Aina's "Rebellion". A true masterpiece. If you're into that kind of music that is.

For a change, I'm very happy with the result. And I'd like to hear what you think of it:

Whenallost2copy.th.png

Enjoy.

// Azvi.

2009rb9.jpg

Guest Chatmasta

That's pretty good. Lighting may not look bad.

There is one major problem that I see. The moon is missing a chunk of it or something, it isn't a circle.

I will not add lightning, as that would ruin it. As for the moon, ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâý of it is behind a cloud, thus making ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâý of it not-visible.

// Azvi.

2009rb9.jpg

I like it. I think the clouds on the top left could use some work, they almost look like a chrome filter or something. I like the "fog?" all over the image, but I wish it was less uniform. It seems to be pretty consistent, something fog usually isn't. Or at least if you are trying to emphasize a certain character, it is something to consider. I don't really like the placement of the woman. Dead center is so boring. Maybe if you moved her over a bit to the right, putting her in that 1/3 view frame rule... That might also add to the title, because it will show alot of negative space behind her, representing everything she has passed in her life being empty?

Dunno just some ideas.

I like it. I think the clouds on the top left could use some work, they almost look like a chrome filter or something. I like the "fog?" all over the image, but I wish it was less uniform. It seems to be pretty consistent, something fog usually isn't. Or at least if you are trying to emphasize a certain character, it is something to consider. I don't really like the placement of the woman. Dead center is so boring. Maybe if you moved her over a bit to the right, putting her in that 1/3 view frame rule... That might also add to the title, because it will show alot of negative space behind her, representing everything she has passed in her life being empty?

Dunno just some ideas.

Thanks for the honest input.

Top left? Actually, there is no 'fog' there. Don't you mean top right? And yes, I see now that the fog is pretty... dull? Will change it later.

As for the women, I had much trouble with 'placing' her, so I just ended up placing her in the middle, because there is a number of rocks there. I also wanted to add a reflection in the water, so that was basically the ideal spot.

If I moved her to the spot you're talking about (if I understood it correctly), I couldn't add a reflection, because there is no water "there", just rocks (!?)... ugh... tired...

Vlad, oops... how could I miss that? Thanks.

// Azvi.

2009rb9.jpg

now the mountain silhuette seems blurry... :?

There is still some fixing to do with it. Look at the lowest part of silhuette on the left and the highest hill in the middle. Not too smoooth.

But as I PMed. Nice one!

i like it a lot, really nice

1. the 1st one is better

2. her head looks strange, it might just be that the hairis incredibly black

3. the top of the mountain doesnt exactley "fit"

4. the scenery under the girl on the water doesnt look right, looks too flat..:?

.:'':.CoolBannaa

I'm really having trouble with making the top of the mountains fit, without making them look too, as Avanor said, blurry.

Anyway:

Whenallost21copy.th.png

// Azvi.

2009rb9.jpg

The moon is a lot better now IMO. The peak would now be better, but there is some odd pixelish stuff to it. Same goes to the left edge on the picture. Still some jagged line right from the mid.

I know, it must be a pain to fix it and it's a pity it draws attention from the overall great work.

It's looking good, but I'm bothered by the dimensions. The image is clearly larger in length but she is vertical so it seems to kind of conflict. I don't know maybe it's just me but i'd like the image better if it was taller right now it almost seems like she's being squished by the rest of the image. Very nice none the less.

Very nice Azvy :D

And 100 layers, wow :) anyways, love the idea, love the execution of it :P And love that song :lol:

10/10 (you know i gotta rate it :lol: )

110 views and 9 replies?!

'cause its non-pixel

Great work from a great artist, you a truly amazing, i love your work, it makes me want to do Photo Manip. but i am poo at it lol, i should practice but i don't lol.

I love the fact how its dark and mysterious then bam, this bright beauty (corny :lol: ) right in the middle just startles you, that is the best part of this piece i feel.

The border could do with some work :lol: and use the text from the first piece in the main post on the latest work you've posted and you got yourself a 11/10 :wink:

Hacked, gaining none buy-able skills.

110 views and 9 replies?!

'cause its non-pixel

Great work from a great artist, you a truly amazing, i love your work, it makes me want to do Photo Manip. but i am poo at it lol, i should practice but i don't lol.

I love the fact how its dark and mysterious then bam, this bright beauty (corny :lol: ) right in the middle just startles you, that is the best part of this piece i feel.

The border could do with some work :lol: and use the text from the first piece in the main post on the latest work you've posted and you got yourself a 11/10 :wink:

Wow, thanks! I'm not too sure what you mean with the text, though.

Thanks everyone else also. But I don't see any real problem with the female character. She looks fine to me. :)

// Azvi.

2009rb9.jpg

Female character seems out of proportion.

Transition from the mountain to the background is a bit dodgy too. :P

Bottom left of moon is still jagged \:

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."