Suggestion: rsc in rs2.

123Yourgone

They would need to totaly re-write RS (RSC) to make it work inside RS2. First, we will still be dealing with all the noobs, second it would be a new game if it was inside RS2, third, we are happy with 2 games, and lastly if JaGeX spend the 4-5 months it would take to program RS inside RS2 and didn't update RS2 tons of people would be mad.

It wouldnt take months, both games are already there, they just have to link them, they were linked on creation, hence item xferring for the first few weeks, hows it not possible? its been done, my idea is simply expanding on that.

Happy with 2 games? im one of the 500 people left that still play rsc, are you speaking for the other 499?.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think the rsc players would be very happy seeing a bunch of noobs wondering around the game they used to be the only ones playing, it would get very annoying

TRY READING!!!

What noob has 250k to spend going to rsc?

.sigs these of many too read have you backwards this read you If

CapeAnimation.gif

Finding cool stuff = advertising.

So you are asking for a complicated way to have RSC accesible as it was a while ago but you have to pay 250k? I don't see why you want to be able to go through a portal to it why not just have it where you can log out of RS2 and log into RSC. Also you would have to just have a new character on RSC because some skills are much harder to train on RSC and it would ruin it if you could just train on RS2 and bring them to RSC, the same with money.

They would need to totaly re-write RS (RSC) to make it work inside RS2. First, we will still be dealing with all the noobs, second it would be a new game if it was inside RS2, third, we are happy with 2 games, and lastly if JaGeX spend the 4-5 months it would take to program RS inside RS2 and didn't update RS2 tons of people would be mad.

It wouldnt take months, both games are already there, they just have to link them, they were linked on creation, hence item xferring for the first few weeks, hows it not possible? its been done, my idea is simply expanding on that.

Happy with 2 games? im one of the 500 people left that still play rsc, are you speaking for the other 499?.

My Friends and I in RS (RSC for you newbs) would hate to join them. You have no idea how long it takes to join the two games. Just a small update in RS2 can take 2-3 Months to program and test. (JaGeX has many groups of Programmers that leap-frog over each other.) RS (RSC for you newbs) was programed with the old "RuneScript" tool and it would be hard to join the two RuneScript Programed Games. JaGeX spent over 7 Months Programing the game last engine update. Even if they managed to join them and wanted to put the man-hours into it they would have to end up changing RS (RSC for you newbs) and we, the old players, wouldn't like it. JaGeX has said before that they will never move an account from RS-to-RS2. So it would make a lot of RS (RSC for you newbs) players start all over. They would need to start a new RS2 account, lost all there levels and items, work for half a year to get 250k to get into RS (RSC for you newbs).

I have never seen you in RS (RSC for you newbs) what is your name?

mikercool.pngMikercool.png

Mikercool.pngMikercool.png

mikercool.pngMikercool.png

• 4 weeks later...

I like this idea, especially as i didnt use rsc when rs2 came out which meant even tho ive played for like 5 years it didnt let me go back to rsc. :(

ciclg6.gif

Adapt to your conditions, don't cry about them.

Runescape Since 2002

Its not actually possible. The two games are totaly different, and can nolonger communicate. RSC would have to be TOTALY rewritten for this to work, and frankly it will not be done (as that was the whole point of the release of rs2.

Sorry but there is no realistic way it could happen.

Your game physics degree is backing up your claims of course?, oh wait you dont have one? then let andrew gower decide whats possible.

Rsc wouldnt have to be rewritten at all, the codes all there it just has to be intergrated into the server and linked to a portal.

I'm sorry but I find that really very rude, I spend alot for time on the offical forums, and read alot of jagex moderator posts about the issue, I have a large understanding gathered over the last 2 years of forum use, of what is and is not possible.

Andrew him self said inresponce to RS communicating to RS2 that it is simpaly nolonger possible, they are totaly different games, running on totaly different game engines, and the RuneScript has had so many changes since RS2 that it is just not possible for them to communicate.

Who said they have to communicate? rofl.

rsc is added to rs2 server..

Rs2 is linked to portal if you pay gold.

Thats it, nothing else is required.

Thats like saying its not possible to put the original duke nukem into the arcademachine on duke nukem 3d, or that you cant put pac man into another game, you can and its not hard.

Then why dont you do it?? The game codes have to be compatable and at this point, they arent without rewriting RSC which defeats the whole purpose of making RS2...

Duh

Pasty.png

Its not actually possible. The two games are totaly different, and can nolonger communicate. RSC would have to be TOTALY rewritten for this to work, and frankly it will not be done (as that was the whole point of the release of rs2.

Sorry but there is no realistic way it could happen.

Your game physics degree is backing up your claims of course?, oh wait you dont have one? then let andrew gower decide whats possible.

Rsc wouldnt have to be rewritten at all, the codes all there it just has to be intergrated into the server and linked to a portal.

I'm sorry but I find that really very rude, I spend alot for time on the offical forums, and read alot of jagex moderator posts about the issue, I have a large understanding gathered over the last 2 years of forum use, of what is and is not possible.

Andrew him self said inresponce to RS communicating to RS2 that it is simpaly nolonger possible, they are totaly different games, running on totaly different game engines, and the RuneScript has had so many changes since RS2 that it is just not possible for them to communicate.

Who said they have to communicate? rofl.

rsc is added to rs2 server..

Rs2 is linked to portal if you pay gold.

Thats it, nothing else is required.

Thats like saying its not possible to put the original duke nukem into the arcademachine on duke nukem 3d, or that you cant put pac man into another game, you can and its not hard.

Then why dont you do it?? The game codes have to be compatable and at this point, they arent without rewriting RSC which defeats the whole purpose of making RS2...

Duh

How stupid can you be?, why do the game codes have to be compatable?, your in rs2 right... using rs2 coding.. step through the portal... and your in rsc.. using the original rsc coding.

why would anyone wanna play runescape classis, the graphics are much better in rs2.. and its much cooler :) so i dont really see the point to play classic.. and really dont see the point why someone wanna pay 250k for it then.. but thats my opinion O:)
I guess you ahd to play rsc to understand how awsome it was. :evil:

Treasure trail items: 9

Dragon drops: 0

• 2 weeks later...

:-k I dont know much about RSC, but maybe they should just offer a way into RS2 for anyone who wants to go, and let them keep their experience...... I DONT KNOW!!!!!!!! :wall:

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....

:-w ... sorry i forgot to say something. Maybe anyone who had a RSC name can travel between games, but only them, so that their community or whatever doesnt get messed up.

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....