Suggestion: rsc in rs2.

123Yourgone

I just thought of an idea, jagex should incorperate runescape classic into runescape 2.

All they need to do is add a portal that takes you to rs classic if you pay enough gold (250k would be good money sink).

the only item able to be taken into the portal will be gold, everything else you will have to aquire yourself.

Once you are in rs classic you can play to your hearts content and leave at any time, xp gained within the portal stays within the portal (once you enter rsc your stats are seperated from rs2, these stats remain on rsc when you return).

It would take a lot of memory usage but it would make a lot of old time players very happy.

I know id probably never come back through the portal.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That idea seems okay, but there doesnt seem too much of a point to it, because members can just go log into rsc.. and then their stats are what they were in rsc, or all 1s if they werent there for any rsc or anything.

100% F2P- 70 CB, My goal of 1100 total level-

My goal for 1100 total f2p

TFS Leader - http://z11.invisionfree.com/TTFS/index.php?

That idea seems okay, but there doesnt seem too much of a point to it, because members can just go log into rsc.. and then their stats are what they were in rsc, or all 1s if they werent there for any rsc or anything.

Any members who quit for a while or had comp troubles can no longer play rsc, out of my 5 rsc accounts only my 112 can still play and he is lvl 16 pure on rsc :oops:

i dont think the rsc players would be very happy seeing a bunch of noobs wondering around the game they used to be the only ones playing, it would get very annoying

I think rsc players wouldnt care, they would have the real game back, and the newbs would soon tire of the old graphics and huge challenge.

I played rsc from the start and i support this 100% (hence why i thought of it lol).

why would anyone wanna play runescape classis, the graphics are much better in rs2.. and its much cooler :) so i dont really see the point to play classic.. and really dont see the point why someone wanna pay 250k for it then.. but thats my opinion O:)

dibujillole3.png

^click to visit my blog! And if u got some spare hammers for my collection, i will always take them just pm me :)

5743th with cooking 99!--8 november 2006--

16361st with str 99! --15 april 2007--

35000th with Attack 99! --20 June 2008--

29524th with Hitpoints 99! --3 August 2008--

why would anyone wanna play runescape classis, the graphics are much better in rs2.. and its much cooler :) so i dont really see the point to play classic.. and really dont see the point why someone wanna pay 250k for it then.. but thats my opinion O:)

Graphics doesnt make a game... RS2 is filled with idiots and RSC shouldnt go that way.

I'd just about throw away my bank to play RSC again, but what happened to the worry of autoers?

If your banned on rsc your banned on rs2 also, rs2 also has much better anti macro detection built into the client so it would most likely work with rsc in the rs2 client.

John howard?

Your mother?

The wiggles?

With all these famous ppl i'm gonna have to support too! :ohnoes:

Lol i'd be really good, i'd definitely not come back thru the portal

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

Its not actually possible. The two games are totaly different, and can nolonger communicate. RSC would have to be TOTALY rewritten for this to work, and frankly it will not be done (as that was the whole point of the release of rs2.

Sorry but there is no realistic way it could happen.

sig2webzx7.jpg

Its not actually possible. The two games are totaly different, and can nolonger communicate. RSC would have to be TOTALY rewritten for this to work, and frankly it will not be done (as that was the whole point of the release of rs2.

Your game physics degree is backing up your claims of course?, oh wait you dont have one? then let andrew gower decide whats possible.

Rsc wouldnt have to be rewritten at all, the codes all there it just has to be intergrated into the server and linked to a portal.

There are two plusses:

•  

[*:1k6v0iwl]Money Drain, quite a big one, very important.

[*:1k6v0iwl]Nostalgic, back to RSC

There's a risk too:

•  

[*:1k6v0iwl]Scammers and Flamers, macroes etc. These didn't exist as much in RSC, the good community will never really be the same.

Still I really support!

either really dont care either way

but whats the point of incorporatng rsc into rs2?

wouldnt it be easier for jagex to just allow all accounts created before rs2 was made to have access to rsc

i dont think the autoer problem would be big as most people would keep them on rs2 anyway for more profits....since your saying you can only bring gp back and forth

[omg] who cares if its nerfed or fixed....

you people will argue over the color of a green apple if it was a topic on this fourm god.

Your game physics degree is backing up your claims of course?, oh wait you dont have one? then let andrew gower decide whats possible.

Rsc wouldnt have to be rewritten at all, the codes all there it just has to be intergrated into the server and linked to a portal.

I'm sorry but I find that really very rude, I spend alot for time on the offical forums, and read alot of jagex moderator posts about the issue, I have a large understanding gathered over the last 2 years of forum use, of what is and is not possible.

Andrew him self said inresponce to RS communicating to RS2 that it is simpaly nolonger possible, they are totaly different games, running on totaly different game engines, and the RuneScript has had so many changes since RS2 that it is just not possible for them to communicate.

sig2webzx7.jpg

I'm sorry but I find that really very rude, I spend alot for time on the offical forums, and read alot of jagex moderator posts about the issue, I have a large understanding gathered over the last 2 years of forum use, of what is and is not possible.

Andrew him self said inresponce to RS communicating to RS2 that it is simpaly nolonger possible, they are totaly different games, running on totaly different game engines, and the RuneScript has had so many changes since RS2 that it is just not possible for them to communicate.

Who said they have to communicate? rofl.

rsc is added to rs2 server..

Rs2 is linked to portal if you pay gold.

Thats it, nothing else is required.

Thats like saying its not possible to put the original duke nukem into the arcademachine on duke nukem 3d, or that you cant put pac man into another game, you can and its not hard.

This totally ruins it for old skool players. Now that everyone can play RSC (if this happens) then old skool players may no longer say 'I've been playing since RSC', sorry I don't support.

No real oldschool players would rather have rsc back then bragging rights, and i started in 2001 and you dont see me complaining, oldschool players will also most likely have [Caution: Jagex Rule Violation] or bunny ears.