Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii) (Review with more!)

PhaperPlane

Did anyone actually play the NGC version?

well i found twilight princess to be the best game of all time, but i was kind of easy

i was really dissapointed at the battle against Zant=loss of creativity

I've only played the NGC version, since I don't have a wii. I found the game was pretty good, although personally I found the story to be somewhat short, and I also didn't really care for some of the side quests (bug catching for a bigger wallet, or fishing) and maybe it was just me, the bosses we're really easy. I should've checked if there was a harder difficulty before writing this review though.

The chance to turn Link into a wolf was pretty awesome though, this being my first zelda game I found it added a nice touch, and will keep me coming back to the series for along time to come. :D

short? i don't really class 35-40 hours short, with no side quests it took me 38 hours, only sides i did were ones like star game for the bigger quiver, the useful ones and also poes i got 20 because it was convient as they were mostly in obvious places anyway

yeah very good game i'm on second run through trying to do it a bit faster, i'm 7 hours in and about to finish water temple, better than last time from what i remember

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

I'm 38 hrs into it and doing everything...collecting all heart pieces asap, all bugs, explorng all caverns, and currently getting all poe souls (think I have about 10 more). So, I'm in between water temple and whatever is next in main storyline. I'm taking my time with it and enjoying it immensely!

The game isn't short, it's just LoZ - you just want it to last longer and longer!

I have to say, I was amazed when I read CUBE and it contained 30 mins of video footage from the game from E3 '05. The graphics were simply astounding on the video. However, when I got the real thing it didn't exactly blow me away. TBH, I'd already seen this level of graphics when I played Starfox Adventures (a great game, might I add). So, nothing was new here. Graphics have never impressed me anyway, but even so, I guess when you have that level of graphics you can't really improve on it much at all. Having said that, it was as if every inch of the Hyrule map had been worked on individually. Great work Ninty! Graphics: 10/10

So, moving on from graphics, controls. I have to admit, I was not impressed in the least bit here. It would probably have been status quo on the GC, but the Wii left a lot to be desired to tell the truth. I was hoping that to draw a bow, you could pull the Nunchuk back and aim the Wii remote like a proper bow and arrow, and let go of Z to fire. Instead, I hold the remote like a laser pen, which in reality is exactly what it is anyway. Also, same goes for the swordplay. I was hoping for proper sword fights - I swing the remote, Link does the same move on screen. Instead, swinging the sword in proper fashion doesn't constitute anymore realism in the game than just sitting down swinging the sword lazily. A big thumbs down here and something that Ninty need to work on. Fishing was better but only mildly, it was still hard to control at the best of times. A mere 6/10 here. Control: 6/10

Audio, well I have to say I truly felt nostalgic after listening to the music. Whoever composes music at Ninty is a genius, 'nuff said really. It really brings out the atmosphere of the game. Truly amazing. The music going around the new Hyrule Field is great! The sound effects are also excellent. Just one gripe, when the batteries start dying in the remote, the sounds of the slashing of the sword and the grappling of the clawgrips can't be heard. I'm gonna look up on this though, the thought of having sound come from your body is pretty cool. Audio: 10/10

And now the last catagory I'm going to review, gameplay. A good 30/40 hours at least and without being big headed, I'm one of the best gamers in the world (and it's proven with my track record on NWC (Wi-Fi connection)) and it still took me this long to do the game! And then, the side quests. Hyrule field is simply massive, it's sinful to have Midna warp you everywhere when you can go horseriding with Epona and it literally taking you about 45 mins to get from one end of the map to the other because you get distracted by caves and ledges and chests etc! the storyline is one of the most compelling I've ever seen, a complete breath of life really from Ganondorf and the same old Triforce story! Another problem though, it would have been so cool with a map the size of Twilight Princess to have a Golden Skultula token hunt, like in OoT. The golden bugs just doesn't have the same effect when all you gotta do is press A to catch them (or blow them over to you with a boomerang - wowwee, so hard! <.< ). Gameplay: 9/10

Overall 35/40 for me (mental maths tells me 87.5%)

[i realise this is kinda a review within a review but I thought it pointless to create a new thread when one already exists lol]

I got it, and returned it. Over hyped ftw? Wii sports>zelda

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

Do you enjoy ANYTHING? :evil:

I got Twilight Princess 2 days ago and I'm 15 hours in. I just can't stop playing, it's THAT good.

Do you enjoy ANYTHING? :evil:

I got Twilight Princess 2 days ago and I'm 15 hours in. I just can't stop playing, it's THAT good.

I never enjoyed those kinds of games, its one of those games who most people only buy because people say its the best. Its basically Nintendos Halo. Without it, the console would fail

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

I never enjoyed those kinds of games, its one of those games who most people only buy because people say its the best. Its basically Nintendos Halo. Without it, the console would fail
Same could be said about GTA and the PlayStation, but it doesn't happen; the system failing without the game.

Same could be said about GTA and the PlayStation, but it doesn't happen; the system failing without the game.
So can you honestly say that the console wouldnt fail if there was only one game worth mentioning?
The world would be a whole lot better if little green men in UFO's came down to earth to abduct rednecks.

What the hell are you on about LGBR?

I basically emplied that even with the top selling game for a console it still wouldn't fail :uhh: People buy what they enjoy - top seller or not.

Well a lot of people recommend it because its good. A lot of people liked ff7, it's because it was that good at the time. Gta:vice city, metal gear solid, counterstrike ; people don't like them for nothing.

Also, Maybe you don't like adventure/rpg style games. If you like racing, excite truck is really fun also.

gr454rc.gif

After beating Ganon after 43 and a half hours of playing time, I was pretty disappointed when I realized there wasn't really anything to do after that other than get all of the heart pieces and other misc. stuff like that. It seems pointless

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

I just finished last night, after 66 hrs. Wow...what a game! I'd have to say best I've ever played (imo, blows away OOT). I had a little trouble with one of the Ganondorf forms, but for the most part it was a pretty easy final battle...I didn't have to use my gold chu. Tho really, I wouldn't expect it to be any harder. Zelda games have never really been hard to do, just challenging to figure out the puzzles. I think Twilight definitely has some of the toughest puzzles (especially for some of the "extras" like heart pieces, etc.)

I think I still have 4 heart pieces, 3 poe souls, and 1 golden bug to get. Plus, I haven't done the Cave of Ordeals. But for now those will have to wait, cuz I'm finally gone start WoW.

I had a run through the Cave of Ordeals without the magic armour.

Got around... probably haflway through and I ran out of faries and hearts.

First thing I said to my sister was "this is how it should've been in WW" (refering to the 50lv challenge on your home island).

You really do need that magic armour for TP version :|

What is the cave of ordeals? I finally finished yesterday, story was pretty easy, I must say. I'd rather have two temples less and one harder one.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

What is the cave of ordeals? I finally finished yesterday, story was pretty easy, I must say. I'd rather have two temples less and one harder one.

It's a 50 level dungeon in Gerudo Desert (it's where the last 3 poe souls are located)...completion of each 10 levels unlocks fairies in the various springs (all 50 unlocks great fairies in all springs)

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/file ... rdeals.txt

Whew!!! That place was awesome. Just like it's predecessor, Wind Waker, TP delivers the Cave of Ordeals. After killing the game, I unlocked everything and was bored. That is, until I found out about the Cave. It is located at the Gerudo Mesa, some wierd tall rock with a withered tree about halfway through the desert.

Use the giant stone that blocks the entrance as the connector for the stone bridge that the twilight took, and return to the location by means of teleportation (You have to fight some twilight beasts, whom unlock another teleport) after, jump in and have fun. If you complete it, all 50 levels, you unlock fairies in every spirit spring AND unlock unlimited great fairies tears from the great fairy. Only one bottle per inventory limit, though. BTW, great fairies tears heal your health to the max and give you an extra strengh boost. Enjoy.

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

Ah, cool. I'll have to check that out this weekend. :)

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

• 2 weeks later...
I just completed it today.

What im always disappointed about the zelda games, are how you cant save once you kill Ganon :x Also, the bosses are way to easy in it.

Haha, that drives me crazy!

I'm currently trying to get all of the heart pieces then I'm going to try to do this cave of ordeals, which I hear is really hard. After that I'll probably try to get the poes and bugs then maybe try to beat the game with 3 hearts? Anyways it's kind of pointless to beat the Cave of Ordeals for the award isn't it? I mean what good is that stuff going to do you?

I miss that minigame where you have to kill all of those goblins in that western-like village =D. I wish you could go back and play that =(.

MY FAVORITE BAND:

I got to level 39 in the cave of ordeals with 2 red chu jellies and a fairy.

I had the magic armor, but my mind wasnt functioning right so i forgot to use it and died :XD:

Lol. Do the jellies refill all of your hearts? And how many full hearts do you have?

MY FAVORITE BAND: