will i get banned for this?

Star_Fox

well my brother wanted to stop playing since his grades been sliding down, he wanted to give me all his items (not his account). will jagex accuse me for drop trading?

calm down no pic newbs...here it is :|

kanequittedtw2.png

I don't see any reasons, why would you get banned.

As in my opinion giving items away aint no rulebreaking..

Well if you get banned that's lame! :pray:

u5zhkTY.gif

i know a few who got banned for this reason... <.<

I remember reading about somebody who traded his daughter so she could play "dress-up", and he got banned.

However, if you make it as least conspicuous as possible, I don't think anybody will report you.

Moving to new account, subtle_rune. Please PM me there. Now you know that you can trust him!

bannernoobverdeye1.jpg

I just read yesterday of a very similar case. Person A loaned out a lot of cash and/or items to Person B. Well, Person B finally got enough funds to pay him back, and so he did. There was about 7 mil, 400+ super sets, and a lot of sharks. Person A traded him Absolutely nothing.. JaGEx saw that as drop trading or trading between accounts and he got permanently banned.

Maybe if you traded it in smaller increments? Unless you've already done it. If they attempt to ban you, tell them to take a look at your chat log (if you two talked about it first).

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

give him like a bucket or some other worthless item in return, or space it out over the course of week or something.

deciever2.gif

Dragon Drops: D spear x 2, D skirt, D half-shield, D axe, D 2h

Barrows Rewards: Ahrims hood, Karil's Coif, half key x 6, D med, torags legs, veracs flail

20 December 2006 - A Christmas Reminder Next

As the festive season quickly approaches, we would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that purchasing in-game items or RuneScape gold for real money is completely against the rules and strongly discouraged.

For the safety of playersÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ accounts, it is very important that well-meaning parents who may think that this would be a nice Christmas present, are aware that any accounts involved run a very high risk of being banned. As such, please do not accept or give away any gift of this kind.

To help spread that Christmas joy, try to find a more suitable present; something that says ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâMerry ChristmasÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ in a way that no amount of gold pieces or rune armour could ever compare!

If you would like more information on Rule 12: Real World Trading, please see the RuneScape Rules of Conduct.

We would also like to reassure players that we have a very safe way of detecting this (by tracking back to known real-world traders). We DON'T just look for unbalanced trades! So there is no need to worry about being banned unfairly. We are extremely cautious to avoid that, and are aware people often lend each other items, etc...

emphasis mine

It shouldn't be against the rules. Account Sharing/Trading is classified as "Sharing your account with someone else or trading an item for one of your accounts to another one of your accounts. I don't think you should get banned. If JAGeX bans you there will be a community uproar becuase that would just be very oppressive of JAGeX to do that.

j0xPu5R.png

Everyone who posted here that they know someone who was banned for this - no you don't. I'm sure those people did something stupid, got banned, and then made up this as the reason so they didn't have to admit to breaking the rules. Just because someone says they were banned unfairly doesn't mean they actually were.

i know a few who got banned for this reason... <.<

Wasn't... wat's his face... the guy who takes care of the wieldable items... something with camel avatar... Droolman.. that's his name... he was banned for some misunderstanding within his family...

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=414721 There's that link...

Ummm, I don't think it's a good idea. If you do, just do it little by little so they don't think you're doing something illegal.