New random events!

Omar

Ok, i had an idea about new random events and thought maybe jagex would think about it. I personnally think some randoms need to change, because that bread roll never came in use :wall: Please don't post randoms as "u cut the log into a longbow.u cut the log into a longbow.u cut ur wrist into a longbow"i think theres another forum for that.

This became a popular thread friday the 2nd march 2007 (my first popular thread!)

Now to the subject: i thought we could have a new random in which you would get warped to a room ( just like lederhosen or mime) with a huge checker board on the ground. some guy (like leo gravedigger) would tell u he couldnt manage to put his chess pieces at the right place. he would give u a scroll saying how the pieces should be places, and the pieces. u need to use them on the right square. and if u dont have inventory space, some kind of chest (like the monastery in gravedigger) would b used as a bank. The reward would be a checkerboard costum, if possible including boots and gloves. watcha think about it? :roll:

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

i think thats a good idea too...some kinda jungle maze?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

ooo!i just had an idea! u no those insects that eat wood, i think theyre called termits? well u could have the same thing as checker board random, except u get transformed into a termit. some gardener needs u to eat some trees because theyre taking too much space. u need to eat 5 trees and u get a tree costum!it could come in yews, oak, willow and regular! u first get regular full, then oak, then willow, then maple, then yew then magic!

thx

don't hesitate if you have new random ideas (i mean, new random events ideas, if this thread was about random ideas id already have filled 60 pages all by myself), i will try not to laugh about them :mrgreen:

it would also b cool if u told me which random your talking about. so i guess we should all quote the random events were talking about. new random event :idea: : same as panda thing, except u dont get transformed, u need to use 1 of ur skills to make, mine, wc, etc. an amount of stuff. u get experience for ea time u do it for the skill u used. and ur lv wouldnt matter when doing that, means if the guy asks u to cut yews and ur lv 2 wc, u can still cut the yews. or maybe u could like choose the skill u want to do something with, and u would not need rune mysteries to rc.

so, what u think about it?

please add a little something for this post...i really think it is inactive...

ok, b now, i think we have:

Dark Alcyte

Reverberates

Timetohide

Revjester (CONTACTED THROUGH RS)[revjester also thought the chess hat

Brain E1 should be chess pawn shaped]

Avenrood (contacted through rs)

supporting...pm me if i am wrong (as always :mrgreen: )

also, i thought that all outfits missed a little cape. if one of u is good enough to design a cape for each outfit, im sure jagex would put it in game

Random Event of Mine Numero Uno:

Description of Receiving the event: A leprechaun digs a hole in the ground, and crawls up to the surface. He then follows you, and if you ignore him, his will throw peices of gold at you, ranging from 1hp damage to 5hp damage. Note, you CANNOT ATTACK THE LEPRECHAUN!! If you talk to him, you've just started your Pot O' Gold random event!

Things the Leprechaun will say before you talk to him/he throws gold at you:

'Where's me pot o' gold ye ask? Why, 'tis at the other end o' the rainbow!'

'Hello thar [NAME], top o' the mornin'!'

'Wee' wee' wee' potato's!'

Things You and the Leprechaun will say when you talk to him:

You: Who are you??

Leprechaun: Top o' the mornin', [NAME], i am Finlay the Leprechaun!

You: Ummm....what do you want?

Leprechaun: I want you to find me' pot o' gold, laddy! If ye' do, they'll be a reward for's ya!

At this point, you have 2 choices of speach to say.

You: Ok, sure!

You: No thank you, not right now.

Choice Number 1: You are teleported to the beggining of a rainbow.

Choice Number 2: Leprechaun talks, throws a coin at you, then exits through his hole. The hole covers up, and you can go on your way.

Leprechaun: O', fine then. Suit yoursel', laddy!

Description of the Event: You are teleported to the beggining of a rainbow. The leprechaun is with you, and his tells you that you must cross the rainbow, reach the other side, grab his pot of gold and return to him, all within 5 minutes. The rainbow is full of scary leprechauns, all of which are your level. When you grab the pot of gold, another leprechaun pops up, and says 'Oi', give me' back me' pot o' gold!', and will chase you. You can chose to run it, but it will take 100%x2 - 3 to get you across and back. Once you return to the leprechaun with the gold, he will give you a choice of reward:

Irish Hat (green with four leaf clover on the front)

Irish Jacket (green jacket with a white shirt underneath

Irish Pants (green, poofy knee lenght pants)

Irish Cape (green cape with a white four leave clover on it)

Irish Gloves (green gloves)

Irish Shoes (green shoes)

Shelaighlie (Weapon)

good idea for the leprechaun random!!

:thumbsup:

ok here for the full outfit!finally done!...Im kinda proud of myself laderhosenhat.gifgreencape.gifghostlytop.gifladerhosenshorts2.gifladerhosenhat-1.gifslayergloves.gifpirateboots.gif ::' The boots are different, but what i saw on google makes me think tthey are black boots with a buckle. The socks are green and black striped.

About the stuff our fellow coin thrower will say: it doesnt say your name enough...no one can know who the leprechaun is talking about if he says wee' wee' wee' potato's (even if that would be rather funny ::' )

w00t!i turned rat meat!!!!

good idea for the leprechaun random!!

:thumbsup:

ok here for the shelaighlie (harder than an irish skull =p)hat, shirt and vest,legs, and cape...Im kinda proud of myself laderhosenhat.gifgreencape.gifghostlytop.gifladerhosenshorts2.gifladerhosenhat-1.gif ::'

About the stuff our fellow coin thrower will say: it doesnt say your name enough...no one can know who the leprechaun is talking about if he says wee' wee' wee' potato's (even if that would be rather funny ::' )

w00t!i turned rat meat!!!!

I support this...but shouldn't this go in the suggestions forum?

jiraiya_lova

3b56ac8e.png

maybe it should go in the suggestion forum however it does have something to do with random events. so i think ill move it. but how?

You can't move it.

The only one I like is the Leprechaun one. But my idea for it would be that it's not just one of those ONE skill randoms. I think it should be associated with ALL skills. Just my opinion. ;)

irulepokergd4.jpg

Irulepoker.gif

My Farewell thread. Please post nicely, or die. :^_^:

Yea, I'd vote for him too. But I don't think they let Iraqis vote :P

You can't move it.

The only one I like is the Leprechaun one. But my idea for it would be that it's not just one of those ONE skill randoms. I think it should be associated with ALL skills. Just my opinion. ;)

I think it should be happening at any moment, since i cant find anything to associate a leprechaun to in runescape. jus like mime.

i think a random with a small game like the mine games in "dream land" of the lunar quest wuld be nice :D roling dices till you get the magic 25 total! or juming platforms till you get to the end without failing

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Description of Receiving the event: A leprechaun digs a hole in the ground, and crawls up to the surface. He then follows you, and if you ignore him, his will throw peices of gold at you, ranging from 1hp damage to 5hp damage. Note, you CANNOT ATTACK THE LEPRECHAUN!! If you talk to him, you've just started your Pot O' Gold random event!

Leprechaun: I want you to find me' pot o' gold, laddy! If ye' do, they'll be a reward for's ya!

Choice Number 2: Leprechaun talks, throws a coin at you, then exits through his hole. The hole covers up, and you can go on your way.

Description of the Event: You are teleported to the beggining of a rainbow. The leprechaun is with you, and his tells you that you must cross the rainbow, reach the other side, grab his pot of gold and return to him, all within 5 minutes. The rainbow is full of scary leprechauns, all of which are your level. When you grab the pot of gold, another leprechaun pops up, and says 'Oi', give me' back me' pot o' gold!', and will chase you. You can chose to run it, but it will take 100%x2 - 3 to get you across and back. Once you return to the leprechaun with the gold, he will give you a choice of reward:

Shelaighlie (Weapon)

seems like a quest to me

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

i think a random with a small game like the mine games in "dream land" of the lunar quest wuld be nice :D roling dices till you get the magic 25 total! or juming platforms till you get to the end without failing
how would you be able to fail it?... :-k

Shelaighlie (Weapon)

seems like a quest to me

er, yea the text is long but in fact it would be quite short...

what i dont understand is :

when you go on the rainbow, what do the leprechauns do to you?

when the leprechaun chases you, what does he do?