Put a level cap on F2p

Wozza

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is a lvl cap, and that is 99

im lvl 111 mate.. and f2p, anyway putting a level cap is totally retarted in every way you put it, even for members.,. most members buy coal and yews from f2p people to get cheap high alch-sell material (after fletching or smitting) if you restrict that then you don't only restrict f2p players but also possibilities on members and I KNOW that rs staff thinks of the money enough to not do stupid stuff like this

also, my reason to not become p2p are my stats and experience.. how special is 7.7mil attack xp if you can hit 40s and stuff.. i did it all with max hit of 19 (no prayer or pot) and I know more people who do it for that reason, I payed cash for another game but runescape just isnt worth it! so put a sock in it

rs staff does care about the 100s of people giving them free advertisement cash (the banners on your rs screen and sometimes even popups, as i said before.. they arent decoration) why would members want their stats reduced to 40.. theyd never come on f2p anymore and then member worlds would get overcrowded with noobs begging you for cash and stuff, have fun with that:)

membership and f2p have to stay seperated, i don't mind that there are extra's for members but it's based on a basic version of rs, what if a game like command and conquer misses a lot of stuff and is only in the buyable side patch?? what if that's demo-nised.. rs it's retail on it's own, not a demo and membership gives you extra's.. not the other way around.. if that where true i wouldnt be playing in the first place! whats the point in lvling a char on a bad graphics game if you cant max it out.

just take a minut.. and think of all the effects lvl 40 restrictions would have.. ON MEMBERS! and stop being a retarted fool >.< because this is nothing less then retarted.. so much bad sides on this

ummm i could afford members but i dont want to, i dont want to waste my money on a game that u play on ur internet browser and has very bad 3d graphics (no offence to Jagex), but i still play it cuz its fun :D if i was to spend my money on a game, i would defenatly play world of warcraft.

ummm i could afford members but i dont want to, i dont want to waste my money on a game that u play on ur internet browser and has very bad 3d graphics (no offence to Jagex), but i still play it cuz its fun :D if i was to spend my money on a game, i would defenatly play world of warcraft.

The graphics are alright.. like this game as its multi-tiered.. meaning not just pure melee and pking.. like other games around..

I mean its fair enuff.. u pay for more better items.. more quest and more benefits..

Just dun wanna spend more time in the game.. get a life.. outside..

Guest coffejunegard
dude some of us high f2pers cant become member , cuz partens wont let us.. im gonna become memb at x mas though

lol i saw u yesterday lol

do you notice that when you ask a mod to close a topic that they never do...

Taken into account that there are like 30k topics in this place, can you blame them?

First of all, its funny to see this old thing is still around. Or is it a new post with an old title? Who knows.

Anyway, the fact is, without f2p there wouldn't be p2p. Whereas f2p can be regarded as a "demo" of RS, p2p can be regarded as the full game. There are some glitches in the comparison, but in general, that's how you might put it.

And be carefull with them generalisations. It's not 'cause we're not p2p that we don't have ambitions in that direction. Some of us actually don't have time to spend hours a day on RS (hey, one has to get his money's worth!), so spending 5 bucks a month on a game you play like five hours a week (weekend, gotta love it) seems rather foolish, and there are many ppl whose parents won't allow their offspring to pay for an online game - somewhere understandable.

And now let 's get this thing locked, lol.

~Mardvk

The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is for Good Men to do Nothing. (Edmund Burke)

Actually, I like the idea. But higher than 40. Maybe a level cap of 70 on every skill. It would be alot like other games which offer f2p until certain levels and stuff.

HOWEVER!!! Dont dog the f2pers if their parents wont let them buy it. Most people who play RuneScape are kids who cant exactly send it money orders/checks, pay with credit cards, ect.

The only other way they could pay is to send the cash in an envelope. Which is risky. Especially since it could get lost in the mail. Then again, I've done it before :? . I usually just make a deal with mom and dad. I give them $20 every 3 months, and they send in a check. They dont lose anything, and I am paying for it. Quite simple really.

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

No offense, but the main idea of this thread would kinda rot. Just think about what the f2p's couldnt do. Sure they could wield rune and wear it, but they wouldn't have protect from melee.

And with a much smaller prayer level, Prayer would become unusable. And 40 strength? Jeez, that's like, nothing. Magic would be the worst of all. No doubt. Woodcutting, mining, smithing, there's too many casualties.

I don't think it's just me, but that would make me quit rs, not pay for membership.

Nope. Horrible idea. Continue showing your opposition to this idea people.

99% of f2p would pay if they could.

-parents might not let them

-other restrictions

-self-control from playing too much

-erm... a life :roll:

I would be a member for the rest of my life if I could, but its just not possible, for the above reasons. I can see your point p2pers that its not that much, but we have a lot more reasons.

S:N:I:shock:S

I cant understand why so many people play F2p. Its only about 3 pounds for a months worth of membership.

imo i think they should put a level cap on lvl 40 for all skills. This way, the freebies will have to pay, and more servers could be changed from F2p to P2p, which is needed.

lol noob, i think this kid just got a month of members and now he thinks hes better then all of f2p :roll:

woo great idea.... o.O lets count the reasons why your "great idea" is infact, horrible.

1) if the cap was 40 for everything, then almost every1 would quit. making the chances of people switching to members slim.

2) if members came to f2p then they SHOULD have to have 40 stats also. its only fair for pkers.

3) why the hell does jagex put level 100 random events or 86 s if no1 could possible kill them without having to run for food each kill.

4) no sense. if people cant afford membership why should they be punished?

5) the hell do u want to put a cap on it? its funny how you feel threatend to get beat by a f2p. is that why? you dont want to be worse then some1 who doesnt pay?

ur idea is completely and utterly moronic.

Not really

1. People would switch to p2p after they reached 40, or quit. Jagex doesn't care for people unless they become p2p.

2. They could have their stats be reduced to 40.

3. To stop people from afk-ing. They could just runf or them and come back.

4. WHY DON'T THEY GIVE US THE NEWEST GAMES FOR FR33!?!?!?!? It's just the fact that u need to pay to get some of the goodies.

5. U don't know who Wozza is so go away kthxbay.

But I think the cap should be like 60 or something, cus 40 is a bit low.

I'm not sure tho, maybe there would be a better way to stimulate f2p-ers to become p2p. Alot of people to have ways of paying but they're just too lazy. U can even freaking send the money by mail, WHO CAN'T DO THAT?

There should be NO cap on F2P. I think we're limited enough with those noobish green hides and all that junk. Try comparing training with a trashy rune scimmy to drag long...

And I would definitely quit rather then get members if they were really stupid enough to do that...

not a good idea. there are people who CANT have money (ie. no job, too young, parents wont let them, no allowance, etc.) that play. i have a friend whos level 104 or 105; hes a f2p player, pure, no members skills... wonder why he doesnt have membership??

bad idea, lots of people play f2p because they cant get members.

[imghttp]

I've been members for 2 weeks now ...

I'm playing waay too much. I even stayed up one night. =(

But for those out there who think parents won't let, or you can't afford, get a friend with credit, and ask them to pay. =) friend is paying for me. ..parents know I play the game, not members.h

Dude, everyone aint like you, we first need to test the game then we decide if we want to pay or not. Some dont becuz they feel its not worth it or they dont hav enuf time to spend time on rs, whereas somethink, membership is worth it and they get membership.

Its more of a matter of opinion than, finiancial reasons or parental concern. As the same, some people barelt afford to play games and they are busy over their real life activitis.

I seriously think you hould have thought twice before posting this, too late to regret it :lol:

you, are just another member, that wants more servers, more empty stores, so u can buy runes, arows etc. and have lots of ppl to quit, so u can get rich, even tho i wouldnt have a problem with it, cuz i dont play much anymore, u totally stink, this idea is stupid, u only want it for urself...

if u want more p2p servers ask jagex, but dont do it in this way...

^^Yeah, and im writing a book about it!^^

Bounty Hunter is nothing more than a lame ass excuse not to say there is no PKing.

I HATE JAGEX!

It's not the cost that stops people from trying to become a member, there has been a poll in the past on the runescape site and it showed that most people just didn't have the access to someway of paying. So don't think that f2p players are cheap, they just can't find a way to pay.

Get 5 bucks, put it in an enveloppe and send it in the mail.

that's not how it works....

you put 5 bucks in a envelope, send it in the mail. jagex get the envolope, pockets the money. you wait for membership for a week or 2. you send a query to jagex. "we never recieved your payment." you send another 5. they laugh at your stupidity, and pocket the money again.

then theres the chance they really never recieved it. there's too many things that can happen when paying with cash in a mere envelope.

anyway, i think this is the worth thing wozza could say about f2pers...as a friend of mine lost members a few months ago and is trying his hardest to earn it back. as well, they aren't all beggers.

i think a better suggestion would be to remove the level cap from members. many of our members are getting many 99's and a ton of experience over it

Steviej.png

My account spent most of the last 10 months "locked"

• 1 year later...

I wouldnt be discouraging f2p by putting caps on there levels, we were all f2p once and i know non of us would like caps if we still were. I myself am a member and am still against f2p caps. F2p help members more than we realise, F2p are the people or "noobs" that do all the little jobs that everyone hates like tanning cow hide, cutting yews, getting newts eyes for second ingredence. Personally i think F2p should also have more bank room than they currently have.

mate that's a realy bad idea..alot of parents dont like their kids playing this game. And alot of f2p players have been members at some point anyway.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome