1-99 Hunter in Three Weeks! ::PICTURES UPDATED::

Coandca5

I was lvling my hunter and looking at the tip.it exp calculator (love it <3: ) when I realized that at lvl 49, razor-backed kebbits give tons more exp than anything else until red chinchompas. Perhaps add that bit of info to your guide (note: I haven't tried hunting them yet, so I don't know if they're faster than chinchompas or falconry). In theory, they're the best choice by far. 348 exp each catch vs. 104 (spotted kebbit), 198 (chinchompa), or 132 (dark kebbit).

perfect grammar is one thing, typing like a drugged monkey and enjoying it is another

AMEN!

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is a really useful guide o like how you put the animals in the areas where thy are. maybe you could exspane a little more but other than that its really good.

oh and thanks for the signature :)

66069991rh4.jpg

I like fire.

nice guide =D> although ive found ferrets to be quite fast aswell

stupid forums lost my dragon count , well atleast i know i got a d chain from a dusty!

99 Fletch, Late 06

99 Mage, late 07

99 Strength, 29th June 08

99 Hitpoints, 21st August 08

130/138 cmb

sooo close

Ok here is my two cents.

First a few things you should change/update

Get 1 Butterfly net and 15-20 butterfly jars.

Get Bird Snares (they aren't called bird traps people unfamiliar with the hunter skill will get confused)

It would be helpful to mention that the "nets" they suggest they find are small fishing nets not some kind of hunter net.

I used this guide to get my hunter lvl (55) and I will keep going but thought I would comment first

I like the Crimson swifts till lvl 9 I suggest don't waste your time with Polar Kebbits. They maybe slightly faster in the beginning because when you track you are guaranteed to capture something at the end and the Crimson Swifts will knock your bird snares down a lot but the Crimson Swifts are faster in the long run and you will have bird traps for the birds you catch later.

After reaching lvl 9 head south of the Piscatoris fishing colony and catch Copper Longtails. Bring 4-5 bird snares but also have a butterfly net equipped and bring 15-20 butterfly jars. I had 17 and that worked pretty well and still had space for a few more.

Once you hit lvl 15 set your trap then go catch butterflies. After a while you should reach a rhythm. The part that will slow you down is when you check your bird snares. What I would do is check the share. Lay a new snare. Drop the raw bird and bury the bones then chase more butterflies. Getting a rhythm saves time and once you hit 20 hunter this will be more important because you can lay two traps.

I kept catching butterflies and longtails till lvl 32 then went to catch swamp lizards. Bring 5 nets and 5 ropes to catch them. For low combat hunters be wary of the swamp because ghasts can still attack you. They didn't cause me problems but in certain lizard locations you will get attacked by ghasts it maybe useful to bring a few peices of disposable food because the ghast will destroy the food before attacking you. Swamp Lizards were great exp especially when you reach 40 and you can lay 3 traps. It is good to get in a rhythm with the swamp lizards too. I would check the net, reset the trap then release the lizards.

Using falcons were also fast exp. Bring only your 500gp and a Larupia set dont bring a weapon or gloves it just takes space. With an open inventory you should have space for 14 spotted kebbits. Thats 1456 exp per load and you get those loads pretty fast. A strategy for catching these is to not send your falcon from far away. Run towards the kebbit then send your falcon from 3-5 spaces away. Try to wait till they stop hopping because if they turn your falcon will miss. The slowest part about this is dropping all the leftovers. I buried bones and dropped the hides.

That is basically what I did to get to lvl 53. So far this guide has been excellent at lvl 53 it says to go to chinchompas and I did but the exp on those is slower than the falconing. I smoke the traps but it doesn't really help. I actually got better exp by setting two chinchompa traps and then setting a deadfall trap for [puncture]ly kebbits. I don't use bait that might be the problem or maybe it gets faster a couple levels above 53. I suggest you stay at falcons till 55 or 56. I am heading back to falcons because of slow chinchompa exp. The orange salamanders look very appealing because of the 224 exp which is better than 204 for [puncture]ly kebbits or 198.5 for chinchompas. But orange salamanders are in the desert and having to carry water will add extra time to trying to catch those lizards and people might just forget and die to drink water and die. If two deadfall rocks were close together [puncture]ly kebbits would be the best exp but from what I can see falconing is the best till 57 hunter at least maybe even all they way to 59.

A full load of spotted kebbits is 1456 exp and you can get that in under 3 minutes. At lvl 53 hunter you will not catch 7 chinchompas in 3 minutes. Its sad but true.

I think the best exp would be orange salamanders but since you have to refill waterskins I think falconing would still be the easiest way to powerlvl hunting between 53 and 59. I am going to try orange salamanders and update this post with my findings.

SO the summary

1-9 Crimson Swifts

9-15 Copper Longtails

15-20 Copper Longtails (1 snare) and Ruby Harvests (15+ jars)

20-30 Copper Longtails (2 snares) and Ruby Harvest (15+ jars)

30-40 Swamp Lizards (2 net traps)

40-45 Swamp Lizards (3 net traps)

45-53 Falconing

53-60 Falconing or Orange Salamanders - still checking this out. It might pay to switch to chinchompas some time between 53 and 60. Also if you seek to make money do Chinchompas 53-60 though its slower exp because they don't fall for your traps a lot.

You wont see a lot of people wearing hunting capes because what good is 99 hunter? Hunter isn't a high money making skill you could get more money with 99 runecrafting or 99 fishing. I want to get 99 hunter for the potential it has... I figure they will add some new updates for hunter soon and people will wish they had trained it up sooner.

I gotta say, the guide is helpful, but I really don't know if going to red chinchompas at 63 hunter is the way to go. Sure it's going to be the most profitable, but it's also going to be the most frustrating. Those little buggers sure know how to knock some traps over.

What I did was I caught enough for level 64 then went back to red salamanders for two more levels. There was a slight difference, but not much back at red chinchompas. So far, I've gotten to 69 back at the red chinchompa's, but I would highly reccomend bringing a torch. It may take a couple extra seconds, but it definately makes a difference, and since they are stackable, you've plenty of room for a tinderbox in case you put the torch out by mistake.

One thing I like about the chinchompa's is that you can attack them... I watched one knock over three traps I had just got done setting up, so it's very satisfying to run over and punch something then watch it explode. :)

yet another hunter guide #-o i think we have enough guides on this forum, they all give the same advice too :|

~~~~~~~~~~~99 fletching~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~99 cooking~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~92+ fishing~~~~~~~~~~~

Huge fan of the TET crew, Good work guys

~"By the end of this ya'll be wearing gold-plated diapers!" "What does that even mean?"~

Sorry if someon has wrote this but in requirements you dont say you need any butterfly jars. I would recommend about 10.

9/10 for the guide though. I wount get to 99 but ill definatly use this guide for getting to about 60.

Thanks

.sigs these of many too read have you backwards this read you If

CapeAnimation.gif

Finding cool stuff = advertising.