AP Test, without the class?

lawrencekill

I was just wondering if, where you live, you can take the AP test without taking the AP class.

I'm not sure about where I live, some people say yes, others say no, others think it's a waste if you just apply for the test and not the class.

So, test without the class, yes/no?

I'm pretty sure you can, unless your administrators don't allow it for some reason. Are you trying to use it to get college credit?

A mind not to be changed by place or time.

The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n.

Yes, it's allowed.

It might suck though.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

How would that be fair for the people who had to sit through the course doing all of that work? You can't that I know of

You can do it, but it's guaranteed that you will fail miserably.

The concept of independent study isn't that hard to grasp, is it?

Plenty of people at my school will study for an AP or two outside of their normal coursework. Being the motivated people they are, they study enough throughout the year and end up doing fine.

cescsig.jpg

Plenty of people at my school will study for an AP or two outside of their normal coursework. Being the motivated people they are, they study enough throughout the year and end up doing fine.

What I was referring to, is if you enjoy English and think you can do fine on an AP English Language or AP English Literature test so you go and take it, you will most likely fail.

But like Foooman said, he did alright on a Music Theory test (although Music Theory is a much easier concept to grasp than Chemistry or Calculus), so who knows...

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

You could, just take into consideration that whatever grade you'll get, colleges will see it unless you choose to "hide" it (not showing the score, but showing you took the test).

One way where this could easily work is if you're fluent in French, never took French AP, and you take the AP French exam for an easy 4-5.

Whatever you plan to take, hopefully you won't just try to study it all in a week or so.

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

How would that be fair for the people who had to sit through the course doing all of that work? You can't that I know of

You can do it, but it's guaranteed that you will fail miserably.

I've seen plenty of people take the regular class and go for the AP test too. It's annoying having to go through like 50% more work and information than the regular class offers, but if they study enough they usually do fine.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Exactly. I find some subjects are easy for me. Instead of taking an AP class with 9 months of homework, labs, and tests, I could instead maybe study topics of my choosing, or topics most likely to appear on the test/have the most problems of instead of doing nothing (lag time between summer ends and real school begins, and after winter break too).

I don't see the point of doing a lot of work if you can cover and learn the same information in less amount of time.

I'd just take AP classes(our school has an 8 class limit and so many AP) if I'm not really good at those subjects, saves time and I get to learn a lot of materials yay.

I guess it could be possible, but you'd have to be very very smart. And have free time.

I don't think so, unless it's their worst subject or bores them. But you gota have free time and commitment (sounding like a family here, kinda, lol).