• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just cannot support this.

Why you ask?

Because if you have been temp muted then you have broken the rules. And so it is your own fault, you have a chance to talk to the G-Mod about the situation as he appears.

If you are perm-muted then you have broken the rules either alot or horrendously. You can talk to the Mod and you can Appeal through the appeals system.

Everyone who has said that they are perm-muted on this topic. Do you admit that you broke the rules? Even if you claim innocence then you could put forward your case at the appeals stage.

So no. No support from me. :boohoo:

As a player of many years I have never been in trouble at all. How have I kept a stainless record? I don't break the rules, I am polite and I have good fun in the meantime.

Stay cool, keep within the law. 8-)

WiseGuy

ihavearightfinald5er7be0zb.gif

Why you ask?

Because if you have been temp muted then you have broken the rules. And so it is your own fault, you have a chance to talk to the G-Mod about the situation as he appears.

If you are perm-muted then you have broken the rules either alot or horrendously. You can talk to the Mod and you can Appeal through the appeals system.

Everyone who has said that they are perm-muted on this topic. Do you admit that you broke the rules? Even if you claim innocence then you could put forward your case at the appeals stage.

As a player of many years I have never been in trouble at all. How have I kept a stainless record? I don't break the rules, I am polite and I have good fun in the meantime.

WiseGuy

I totally agree. When you enter into an agreement, with anybody, that has rules and regulations accompanied to it, you are expected to read them. So you read them, you don't get into trouble, you don't advertise websites, you don't use foul language, you don't hit the space bar and then the enter key 20 times (spam chat).

Look at it this way. Somebody goes out and takes out a 1 million dollar life insurance policy, but doesn't read the fine print. Pretty stupid, right? Then they are in a real bad spot at some point in their life and commit suicide, thinking that their family gets the 1 mill. Wait a tick, it says in the contract that you can only die by natural causes only, so now your family gets nothing. It's the same thing here. If you read the rules, find out that offensive language WILL NOT BE TOLERATED, or that spam talking, or advertising, or autoing, or drop trading, or scamming... Do I really have to go on?

For those that are perm muted, my sympathy would go out to you because it makes things harder, like trading or being accused of autoing, but my sympathy does NOT go out to you because you broke a rule. Plain and simple. Sure, you only get one appeal, and perm bans get two, but how many of those perm bans do you think get their account back, even after two appeals?

My suggestion, don't fall into the trap of someone calling you a noob, or whatever, and getting you to retaliate with offensive language. If someone asks you to share a website with them, even in pm's, DON'T! Don't be stupid.

No support.

Lion+O+1.png

People who have been permanently muted definitely deserve more than one appeal. If that one fails, you are permanently silenced which would be awful in Runescape.

Quick Question: Can you post on forums when you are muted?

newscape300x50qz7.gif

grammar2gr8dxhn9.png

"If you have nothing constructive to say, don't say anything at all."

Many times the mute can be Jagex's fault. For example:

Some Guy: Yahoo! 30 cooking!

Runescape Chat Bar Displays: *****! 30 cooking!

Muted?

I was once told that a G-Mod do not see the stars but actually what you write so that they can judge what is has been said. To my knowledge there has been no arbitary muting nor bannings.

I trust Jagex to be fair and impartial in its rulings and if the company or the G-Mods or thier representatives are not working to the highest standard that I expect from the company then I know that there are internal channels and complaints procedures.

We will not have a problem like the infamous Rainz case on RuneScape; it just will not happen to us.

Thank you, Mr. Kelbri for agreeing with my points. Your own posting is well organised and well written.

I hope that our arguments will help others see the correct path to take in this matter.

Ianer101, you say that being perm-muted is an awful fate for Runescape players. Perhaps it is, but there are two great opportunities to discuss your case with the Moderators. Is that not enough? Why should a muted person get more? You cannot seriously be suggestion that getting an account banned is just as bad as getting muted?

WiseGuy

ihavearightfinald5er7be0zb.gif

• 2 weeks later...

i believe that jagex does not look over the evidence enough because i have 2 reports where there was a absence of evidence of offensive speech and i m sure some people think the same. also perma muting is too harsh when i have caught many many people using offensive language and scamming. I support 120% (i am also perma muted my self just so you know) :boohoo:

PNUTBUTASLAP!

bannerkc5.png

kakawcopyfg2.png

I support you in this idea, and I also agree to the person who mentioned that jagex does not thruoly look over your Appeals. In my opinion they do not eally read them, they just look to see if you commited the crime, yes if you have then your banned or muted, if not a success. Alo if you send them a message with detaile dinformationg, they don't read them either, they have an auto message that is sent. It kind of annoys me in a way, but its true. If your account is hacked and someone gets it banned, and you say that, you will not be free b/c this has happened to me, and now i have 2 blk marks left, and this ruined me from tyring to become a Moderator, b/c if you have a bann then you cannot become one. I support you 100% and I also hope that this changes soon.

1/= '/0(_) C4/\/ R34D 7H15 7H3/\/ '/0(_) J(_)57 G07 />\/\//\/7!!!!!!!!!!

http://sig.runeweb.net/sig/12/Mortifyer1.png

Mortifyer1.png

• 1 month later...

I completely agree.

If you are perm muted for offensive language and get one more chance to redeem yourself, how much harm could you possibly do? If people are going to intentionally use offensive language continuously, they`re just going to make a new account to do it on. I think that not giving an extra chance is an exaggeration on how 'terrible' people are speaking. And yeah, it`s kind of dumb that you can get an appeal in if you`ve been banned. Nobody gets banned for one single offense. Nobody gets muted for just one either, but I think people report "offensive language" for ridiculous things. Usually for spite. To be honest, I think you have to do a significant amount of rule-breaking to get perm banned. I`m not sure what exactly can get you banned but it really isn`t fair. (how many offenses, how many different ones?) I`ve seen accounts with 19.5 offenses that have been banned. Those may have been talied after the person was banned but I find it stupid regardless. :wall:

4t9nek4.jpg4t8yiv6.png

gleeper_owns.png

I support. I've been muted for over 1 1/2 years. Even thought this doesn't really deal with it, I found out that I could appeal my mute about 3 months ago, but they wouldn't let me because they made a new appeals system. I think it's unfair that I don't get another chance to appeal my mute.

People who have been permanently muted definitely deserve more than one appeal. If that one fails, you are permanently silenced which would be awful in Runescape.

Quick Question: Can you post on forums when you are muted?

no ive tried it wont even let you log on the forums which makes it hard for mutes to buy and sell stuff and negotiate prices :cry:

PNUTBUTASLAP!

bannerkc5.png

kakawcopyfg2.png

Why you ask?

WiseGuy

people loose there temper, people drink alcohol, people are just argumentative and to top it off some people are just not nice.

people say stuff out of temper, from alcohol ect ect.

you cant blame them for doing something they diddnt mean too and that are normally not bad

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=615760

^^ Help support the perm muted!

I'm sorry but I can't support.... if you've done something serious enough to incurr such a penalty, then it should stand.

However, I think the ban should automatically expire after a certain length of time set by Jagex, say anything from 1-12 months.

Anything meriting something more serious should be banned from the game imho

Harrington.gif

• 4 weeks later...
i wanna ask somethink. how to write a message to JAGEX???

or other question ::'

my friend forgot his NICK but he remember his PASSWORD. can you tell how to find his NICK (not a passoword) plz....... tell me :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

plz...... answer all my questions

Is he still on your friends list or someother persons friends list that you can get it back from?

I support this.

Once, I died doing RFD with my money, because I was way to cocky, and forgot my antidragonbreath shield... I returned to lumby, cursed twice, and a mod just happened to be there. He only told me to "Watch it!" If he had muted me, I would have been very, very upset...

I would hate being muted, and think those who are deserve a chance to redeem themselves...

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand