Alg was Here

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide=comments-1 RWT]

with yesterday's update, most people began to scream "Jagex killed Runescape" the instant it was released. are they right in saying that, though? sure, trading and pking were nearly removed, the heart of the multiplayer portion, but is it the end of the game as a whole?

many players will leave, that's for sure. already the numbers are beginning to rise, including many people that use this section of tipit.

the update affected everyone in a large way. something of that scale was necessary to remove autoing, and that's something most people agree on. it's hard to accept that Jagex chose to nearly remove trading, and yet, that may have been the best option. it worked effectively, there's no way that autoing for real profits can continue effectively. it came at the cost of the most used aspects of the game, pking, and player to player trading.

from the looks of things, the change is here to stay, and won't be the last that alters the fabric of the game. what, really can be done about it?

runescape is a game based off changes. and yet with each one, players can't seem to handle it. each change is something foul, or something useless before it is even released.

[/hide]

well, first one, many more to follow hopefully. cheers to those who stay, good luck to those who leave

[hide=comments-1 RWT]

with yesterday's update, most people began to scream "Jagex killed Runescape" the instant it was released. are they right in saying that, though? sure, trading and pking were nearly removed, the heart of the multiplayer portion, but is it the end of the game as a whole?

many players will leave, that's for sure. already the numbers are beginning to rise, including many people that use this section of tipit.

the update affected everyone in a large way. something of that scale was necessary to remove autoing, and that's something most people agree on. it's hard to accept that Jagex chose to nearly remove trading, and yet, that may have been the best option. it worked effectively, there's no way that autoing for real profits can continue effectively. it came at the cost of the most used aspects of the game, pking, and player to player trading.

from the looks of things, the change is here to stay, and won't be the last that alters the fabric of the game. what, really can be done about it?

runescape is a game based off changes. and yet with each one, players can't seem to handle it. each change is something foul, or something useless before it is even released.

[/hide]

well, first one, many more to follow hopefully. cheers to those who stay, good luck to those who leave

good comment :)

well the reason for the opdate was:

JAGEX had to put an end to RTW or the bank in england would not allow JAGEX TO contuine to the year 2007. so they had to sop it VERY fast. that was the actuly reason for is destrying upda :D

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

[hide=comments-1 RWT]

[/hide]

good comment :)

well the reason for the opdate was:

JAGEX had to put an end to RTW or the bank in england would not allow JAGEX TO contuine to the year 2007. so they had to sop it VERY fast. that was the actuly reason for is destrying upda :D

wow...that is a very good point...well i'm glad they did it...runescape will be different without bots now...

[hide=comments-1 RWT]

[/hide]

Good comment, and for the most part I agree, but i did see a jagex mod in the rants forum post that they WILL be tweaking some of the recent update, so that might make some people happy.

well now, i've got an interesting path. chances are i'll be demodded by the end of the month. if not, meh, if so, meh.

i'll be playing still, just a heads-up so that no-one would be shocked if i'm missing that granite crown that's been glued to my name.

cheers!

-local

gradeskip- added

rahilia- added possibly

well now, gather 'round, there's a story to be told... of my first attempt at killing avians.

don't have much to say, except that it's best not to do so in the eyrie, and not without an armadyl pendant. spirit mages hurt.

in the end, there was an armadyl grave near the armadyl encampment. how pleasant.