New Rule - Harassment

Abyssalwhip

Ever have those idiots that wont leave you alone but you can't report them? well you can now! here my story that made me want to do this.

Some idiot 110 at the duel arena starts spamming my chatbox at least with 40 dueling messages, i obviously don't want to duel him so he starts spamming me more, after that he starts calling me a scammer and a noob so no one will duel me, i am completely fed up with these things happening and nothing being done about them.

Well now for breaking this rule you could end up with a 1 day mute to a week ban (nothing permanet)

Edit: You can only report for this rule once every 30 minutes

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

To many noobs would report people for calling them a noob or something. This wouldn't work with people not being able to read now a days. They see a new rule and clear out everything major.

And we have public chat friends/ingore list if you don't want to deal with people bothing you.

Quit RuneScape :)

How I understand what he's talking about, the Harrasment would fall into constant spamming of your chat box... For example, if someone calls you noob once, then that isn't reportable. However, if they follow you around for 5 minutes and continuously call you a noob, then it would qualify.

In short, this only applies to extended cases, and should probably just be considered an extension to Rule 1: Offensive Language.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

Make it a rule that only pmods can report for, then if they see someone clearly being harassed because of their level, items, etc etc, they could report the person, then it wouldn't be abused and would work :)

yeah maybe but there isn't that many player mods out there

DoD:S ownage

what we have here is a ..um.. failur to communcate

check out my steam ID page @ alpha company

I would love to support this as I've been the victim of harrassment myself more than once.

However, Jagex would need to at least double their staff to handle the number of extra abuse reports that they'd receive

Harrington.gif

If someone trys to "harrass" you by trading/dueling you constantly, why not just put trade/compete to friends, or add him to ignore as inferno_char had said earlier on.

EDIT: I thought Ignore list stops them from talking to you in public and trades aswell? I don't know because the time someone randomly had said " I owed them a rune scimitar " They could not PM , Chat to me in public, or trade.

28u7f5g.jpg

danke Schon Sam!^^

"Blood runs thicker, oh were thick as thieves you know"

-Carl Barât

Make it a rule that only pmods can report for, then if they see someone clearly being harassed because of their level, items, etc etc, they could report the person, then it wouldn't be abused and would work :)

yeah maybe but there isn't that many player mods out there

Actually, there's a bit more than most people think. Pmods normally just don't talk unless they have to, so that they don't attract attention to themselves.

Personally, I don't quite agree with this new report. As it was said above, alot of people would abuse such an option. There's also the possibility of someone being banned by mistake. Perhaps some young fellow forgot to turn their chat on while trading with someone, and didn't see them say "I don't want to trade". So, they kept on trading, thus being temporarily banned. Jagex would get alot of complaints due to such faults.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

We having Ignore lists for a reason. See a noob? Give him an add! (To ignore :twisted: )
The ignore list doesn't stop people from doing anything other than PMing
Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

If someone trys to "harrass" you by trading/dueling you constantly, why not just put trade/compete to friends, or add him to ignore as inferno_char had said earlier on.
... So now i have to block all duel\trades because of one person... i'm trying to duel im not turning my trade\complete off because of one idiot