Muting the log-in screen music

Forcemaster

Yup, it IS indeed possible, and it's legal ;)

I got pissed off at the log-in music, even at low detail, so I googled a bit and came up with this program:

(MOD EDIT: Link removed - Jake Corsair)

Download it, install it, then open it up, select your browser or swiftswitch or whatever you're using, click "mute" at the right, click ok, wait till it's done and you wont hear any sound from runescape or whatsoever again.

Thought I'd share it with you guys.

theres a button to mute it, so i dont see how its irritating anymore since you dont have to listen to it

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

theres a button to mute it, so i dont see how its irritating anymore since you dont have to listen to it

Every time you switch worlds it starts playing the music again, and when I'm listening to my music while world hopping I don't want the RS music to crash in every time.

The update yesterday allows the same capability, there is now a buttin in the corner that must simply be clicked. :P

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Can you all stop talking about the stupid button? When you click it, it mutes, but world hopping just enables it again, so you'd have to click it every time, with Indiesomething you can just click once and it's all gone ^^
Question is, is it really such a problem that you have download another program just for that?

It really only requires 1 click... Easy as that.

sig3j.jpg

If you have a goal, go for it :D Work hard, be proud and be yourself ;)

Every time you switch worlds it starts playing the music again, and when I'm listening to my music while world hopping I don't want the RS music to crash in every time.

how hard is it to click a simple button? It doesn't crash the music if you hit it right away, so dont use that as an excuse.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

just play on low detail......there is no music on the log-in screen. ( unless it has changed after this update....)

Its changed, low detail now has music on log in screne and ingame.

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

just play on low detail......there is no music on the log-in screen. ( unless it has changed after this update....)

Its changed, low detail now has music on log in screne and ingame.

half of it has changed,

before this update, the ingames sounds were available on low detail, but the log in screen music didn't play.

boratto.jpg

before this update, the ingames sounds were available on low detail, but the log in screen music didn't play.
The sounds and music still works on low detail :-s

sig3j.jpg

If you have a goal, go for it :D Work hard, be proud and be yourself ;)