Tip.It Times Presents: The Good, The Bad and the...

Kiara_Kat

What really upsets me with Jagex is the fact it is constantly enforcing rules to prevent scams and other things. If you fall for it, you're the one to blame. Learn from your mistakes. Jagex is heading this game more for younger players, because there are no ways to make a mistake. No ways to learn.

Jagex probably thinks the majority of the players are kids, so they want to make it more kid-friendly, but by doing so, they're canceling out on the others.

Wish I could show my sig, too bad it's a bit too large to fit...

99blakknight: My new main. But please refer to me as SirMarth01 here, please...I prefer it.

Homeworld:86!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back on-topic my 8 year old brother plays runescape (picked it up off me :oops: ) and now all him 8 yearold friends play to tho most games involve them standing in a feild saying "moo" over and over.

I've seen lots of obvious "autoers" in the game.

However, I have seen even more characters accused of autoing who I'm pretty sure aren't autoers - they are 6 - 8 year olds who can't read or type well enough to communicate.

Next time you see a character doing repetitive but somewhat random things, but who says nothing and won't respond to questions, ask yourself whether you are dealing with an auto program or a 6 - 8 year old.

They made a change this last week that you stop attacking if you move items arround in your inventory.

I range and I used to like to move my loot around while I was engaged in battle... Now I can not. It stops my attack... Why???

Speedy+Shaz.png

speedy%20shaz.gif

speedy%20shaz.gif

Dragon Drops: 1 x DChain, 1 x DLegs, 3 x D2H

They made a change this last week that you stop attacking if you move items arround in your inventory.

I range and I used to like to move my loot around while I was engaged in battle... Now I can not. It stops my attack... Why???

It's not just attacking. It's everything.

I like to move stuff round in my inventory when I'm fishing. Otherwise I sit and watch until I log out. :wall: So I'd line up my fishies in pretty pattens :roll: Now I can't do that.

hugh_mannity.png

It's not just attacking. It's everything.

I like to move stuff round in my inventory when I'm fishing. Otherwise I sit and watch until I log out. :wall: So I'd line up my fishies in pretty pattens :roll: Now I can't do that.

Yeah, it pisses me off too. (Please excuse the language.)

Hell, I was trying to cook some lobsters yesterday, and the drunk dwarf shows up. Until I talked to him, I couldn't cook either! And worse, I didn't have 2 slots of space left in my pack! :x ... If I could right now, I would kill Jagex for [really-long-bleeping] the game over!!!

***DV whips out a rune scimitar and chops down a pack of trees because of how angry he is right now...***

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I found the last part of the article especially true, even though the minimum age for runescape is 13 technically, they keep dumbing the game down as if to allow younger people to play. Jagex really needs to rethink where the game is heading and if the path they are taking will get them there, but most importantly, if where they are heading is really the right place to go.

I found the last part of the article especially true, even though the minimum age for runescape is 13 technically, they keep dumbing the game down as if to allow younger people to play. Jagex really needs to rethink where the game is heading and if the path they are taking will get them there, but most importantly, if where they are heading is really the right place to go.

This is exactly what Jagex should do. Heading for younger players will probably eventually destroy RuneScape, because how many parents will pay for their kids to play an online game?

Wish I could show my sig, too bad it's a bit too large to fit...

99blakknight: My new main. But please refer to me as SirMarth01 here, please...I prefer it.

Homeworld:86!

Jagex seems to be determined to control every aspect of the game, which in my opinion, runs counter to the philosophy of RPGs, and that's starting to make for very sanitized and uninteresting gameplay.

Ummm, you've never been a Dungeon/Game Master have you? The whole point of being the D/GM is to CONTROL EVERYTHING. Yes, you provide the illusion that the player has control, but you regain control the entire time. Maybe Jagex's player illusion is slipping...Then again, maybe we just have to many experieced Lurers, Scammers and Hackers in Runescape for Jagex to allow us NOT to be babied. It's all about the community, when the loudest part of the "community" in runescape is complaing about the Lurers, Scammers and Hackers then Jagex has to respond to that.

gildogg.png

In a world without fences, who needs GATES?

Back on-topic my 8 year old brother plays runescape (picked it up off me :oops: ) and now all him 8 yearold friends play to tho most games involve them standing in a feild saying "moo" over and over.

I've seen lots of obvious "autoers" in the game.

However, I have seen even more characters accused of autoing who I'm pretty sure aren't autoers - they are 6 - 8 year olds who can't read or type well enough to communicate.

Next time you see a character doing repetitive but somewhat random things, but who says nothing and won't respond to questions, ask yourself whether you are dealing with an auto program or a 6 - 8 year old.

Either way the account should be banned...Check the age requirement for the game.

gildogg.png

In a world without fences, who needs GATES?

Either way the account should be banned...Check the age requirement for the game.

Nicely said.

I know this is going to be a little bit of a rant, but I'm personally ticked off at the number of underage children in the game right now, and I wish I could kick them all out. They beg, they scam, they lure, they steal, and most of them are from Miniclip and other sites outside of http://www.runescape.com ... Most of the honest players who are 15+ are all heading directly for RuneScape and do not access from outside that domain. Jagex should just pull the affiliate licenses. :x ... It ain't doing them any good at all!

~Mr. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

It ain't doing them any good at all!

Except for making them huge amounts of money from advertisers. :-w

If Jagex pulled the plug on affiliates, I would estimage 1/4 of the active Runescape population would be gone. Maybe it would be better for a while... But then guess what happens.

Membership rates go up, ads for members, decrease in updates, etc.

They just can't do it.

3textsz2.png

< | Runehead | Learning Java Programming, Please PM Me Tips | Signature by Loaf2000 | >

It ain't doing them any good at all!

Except for making them huge amounts of money from advertisers. :-w

If Jagex pulled the plug on affiliates, I would estimage 1/4 of the active Runescape population would be gone. Maybe it would be better for a while... But then guess what happens.

Membership rates go up, ads for members, decrease in updates, etc.

They just can't do it.

I wouldn't mind them running a few less f2p/p2p worlds. I'm sure it would help deal with fixing some of the community problems to intentionally squash the players back together. And maybe fixing that would help stop some of the other problems we're all encountering in RuneScape... which would once again make RuneScape an enjoyable place, instead of the miserable [bleep] it is now.

~Mr. Devnull

So signatures like the one I just added are, or arent against the rules?

I mean, I suppose I could copy the pixels and upload my own image, but I'm a bit a fuzzy on the rule, since mine seems to be working....

dragonmdefault,britrockdude.gif

Main Goal; To have all skills 50+

My avatar is: The Shins- Oh Inverted World

So signatures like the one I just added are, or arent against the rules?

I mean, I suppose I could copy the pixels and upload my own image, but I'm a bit a fuzzy on the rule, since mine seems to be working....

Draynor.Net and RuneWeb.Net have both already corrected themselves to be in compliance with Jagex's rules. Sadly, this means that your siggy does not update on its' own. It is a cached static item that needs manual updating now. :( ... Enjoy the manual update 'screw-over' that jagex has imposed on us. :(

~Mr. Devnull

I can probably think of one more jokey suggestion to increase the overall attitude problem this community of RS has... ban the word "noob" and all derivatives from it.

I know this sounds kinda sad, but I was talking to one person in my family at Christmas, and she was talking about the overall attitude problem of the community. She sad that wherever she goes, there's always the word "noob" on about 3 lines of the chat screen.

I dunno, but maybe the anonimity the Internet provides has something to do with this. I guess it's easier acting like a so-called "gangsta" by calling people "noob" over a wire than it is to actually go out on the streets in a gang, being genuinly hard... maybe removing the word "noob" would go someway into taking away that element of dominance over another player, and encouraging the integration of the different levels again.