runescape???? rune joke...

Guest faleep

This will be my last visit to tipit after a long 4 year relationship with your wonderful site it must come to a close all because runescape sucks.

It all started about 4 years ago (4 months into game play) when I got into this horribly governed game after I got in trouble for macroingI at the time had no clue what a macro even wasall I had was a fancy keyboard that allowed me to type works and commands and set them to auto via the f1-12 kays, True enough it was breaking the rules and even though I was mad that at the time it was not well written what a macro even was I did break the rule and so then in time accepted my temporary ban.

The next time I got into trouble was after a long drawn out process where some jerk who relentlessly bothered me to a breaking point and I let him have itof course he reports me and Im the one to suffer due to his instigation.once again I found this to be very unfair being if they had watch the whole conversation which went on for no less then 30mins before he got a piece of my mind I think he would have been the one getting banned. None the less lesson learned.use report or switch worlds.

I then come to find a handy feature in runescape that allows you to see how many black marks you have and to my surprise I have not 1 out of 10.not even 10 out of 10 but 12.5 out of 10.I wont even go into what nonsense having a maximum of 10 black mark and then giving people well over that makes but none the less there I was with 12.5 black mark out of 10.and for what????? Letting some punk kid have it and using the full features of my keyboard?????

I let it be figuring there was not much I could do and played for years without problems until this year when I found ALL of my friends lost 1 mark when they released the latest lame bunch of updates on us (removing wild, GE and so on) and I was MAD!!!!! Not only did they overload me with black marks but now they would not even remove one like they did for apparently EVERYONE else???? What gives????

I sent off an email under report bug thinking maybe this was all a big mistake and I was not to really have that many black mark for two very harmless breeches in the rules.as you can guess I got nothing of a response out of this joke of a company whom I have been an active paying member for just about the 4 years I have played the game..what ever.by this point I have come to expect NOTHING out of these people and continued to play..

Then this month I get permanently banned and permanently muted..Once again I wont even go into why they would mute a banned account but Im fairly certain the employees at Jagex are working on a below average IQwhich is most likely a collective IQ

Blown away I login to see what it is I have done and here is what I find.please shield your eyes because this is terrible!!!! Why do the French have glass bottom boats??? To see the rest of the fleet!

YES!!! thats right I got banned for good because of telling good clean jokes!!! These people are nuts! I swore at no one, I scammed no 1.all I did was tell some jokes that someone took offence to and that was enough for them to finish me off. Well good reddens I say! Rule 1 is the biggest joke of a rule everit basically leave the door wide open to anyone taking offence to anything you say and I think that is an outright shame.Of course I appealed it and like always I get some generic response telling me they know I was in control of the account at the time..Ya no kidding you idiots.good thing you told me that, I was not sure my self.

I am not writing this to beg for my account back because I have HAD IT with the way this company handles in game problems.

They willing tarnish and even remove accounts with little or no real reason to.

They give next to know real responses to CUSTOMER questions regarding accounts/punishments

They cant even follow there own rules.(12.5 out of maximum 10 black marks)

They dont take into consideration I was dealt a VERY big sentence giving me 12.5 marks on two offences which I might add were 2 years old!

There own help site and walkthroughs are far inferior to 3rd party sites such as this one.which we cant even tell others about without the rick of being baned..and on and on.

Well to heck with it! Keep my top 5k account and stay out of my pocket! I only hope many of you who read this consider some of what I have said and move on to one of the many other good RPGs out thereUltima, WOW to name a few..I also want to take this chance to say goodbye to all of you at tipit who helped me EMENCELY over the years with so many things in the game of runescape. I really did appreciate all the hard work you folks put into the site to help others.

Sincerely,

An EX runescaper

The next time I got into trouble was after a long drawn out process where some jerk who relentlessly bothered me to a breaking point and I let him have itof course he reports me and Im the one to suffer due to his instigation.once again I found this to be very unfair being if they had watch the whole conversation which went on for no less then 30mins before he got a piece of my mind I think he would have been the one getting banned. None the less lesson learned.use report or switch worlds.

This statement alone tells me you need to learn self-control, and as such, you needed to either log out or walk away from the situation. Flying off the handle isn't mature, it's reckless -- I don't give a damn how long you've been playing.

Then this month I get permanently banned and permanently muted..Once again I wont even go into why they would mute a banned account but Im fairly certain the employees at Jagex are working on a below average IQwhich is most likely a collective IQ

Blown away I login to see what it is I have done and here is what I find.please shield your eyes because this is terrible!!!! Why do the French have glass bottom boats??? To see the rest of the fleet!

YES!!! thats right I got banned for good because of telling good clean jokes!!! These people are nuts! I swore at no one, I scammed no 1.all I did was tell some jokes that someone took offence to and that was enough for them to finish me off. Well good reddens I say! Rule 1 is the biggest joke of a rule everit basically leave the door wide open to anyone taking offence to anything you say and I think that is an outright shame.Of course I appealed it and like always I get some generic response telling me they know I was in control of the account at the time..Ya no kidding you idiots.good thing you told me that, I was not sure my self.

Just wanted to bold the ironic parts for clarity.

I'd say you deserved to be muted/banned. That isn't a joke. That's an insult to the French Navy. No one in their right mind would find it funny, and even if they did, they wouldn't dare say it out loud. I'm especially surprised that you had the liver to say it when you knew you had 12.5/10 blackmarks.

Anyway, good bye, hope you go to anger management, and don't let the door hit you on the way out. If you were serious enough about leaving, you won't reply to these posts.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Yup your right there is no room for light comical jokes about anyone or nation in the soviet style game of runescape.my guess is your French and Ill reply all I want and wont be going back to runescape.thanks for your view on the matter. I hope you smarten up some day and realize life it self is not fare and RS certainly is never going to be no matter how many people they ban.

As for the joke.aside from the reporter I had not only everyone in the fishing guild lol their buns off but were also asking for more..Dont worry bud, French dont need to fight now.there is no real France anymore.just the EU.OUCH!

How do you know when France is preparing for war?

When you see them planning escape paths out of the country they plan to attack! ; )

^ That post alone probably is going to show others that you deserve it... You insult a country repeatedly and use 'French' as an insult.

You admit to letting the 'guy have it', as well as telling a joke that most people would agree is offensive. You send a bug report wondering why you weren't unbanned... Only part I don't understand is the keyboard.

Playing the card that you have been playing the game for four years, repeatedly, is really not going to help your point. There really aren't benefits for longtime players when it comes to the rules.

Rule 1 is the biggest joke of a rule everit basically leave the door wide open to anyone taking offence to anything you say and I think that is an outright shame.

That's the idea behind offensive language. It may not offend you, but it may offend someone else. Hell, this post may offend quite a few people.

You apparently are read good at replying and not good at reading.I sent a bug report thinking the 12.5 black marks were in some way a mistake for getting into trouble 2 times.I was not banned.

Number two I said lesson learned when I yelled a the jerk calling me names nonstopIf I had problems yelling at people and swearing how is it I went 4 years???

Number 3 never mind the keyboard its above your understanding.

Number 4 most people found the jokes rather funny and asked for more jokes, thats the thing about comedyits not funny to everyone.oh well

Number 5 What is the difference between American fries and French fries?

Courage!!

~~alcoholics rule the world, they're just too drunk to realize it~~

And yeah you should be the one to talk when you make light of a very bad sickness....try cleaning up your own yard before worring about me bud....

And yeah you should be the one to talk when you make light of a very bad sickness....try cleaning up your own yard before worring about me bud....

Thank you for pointing that out, Second person in around three years of using that. One more and it's out.

May as well take your own advice though. Making light of a country is far worse, I'd think.

Too bad RS don't live by your rules.....you get 3 people to say they are offended by your comment and your told to stop saying it..and no I think a generalized comment of ones military is far less an insult that making light of something that destroys lives and families around the world every day but nice try.

And I don't need to take my advice...Like I said jokes are funny to some and not others, I pointed that out a while back if you take time to read.....And Im not the one coming into your post saying your offensive and then having a sig like that....once again nice try

That isn't a joke. That's an insult to the French Navy. No one in their right mind would find it funny, and even if they did, they wouldn't dare say it out loud.
The first France joke was funny, I didnt literrally LOL, but I could see that it was humourous. You can take political correctness too far, and if you genuinely feel that strongly about that jokes i'd say that you werent in you're right mind.

However using every post to insult the French makes you an [wagon], you're taking it far too far. [cabbage] like this is just [bleep]ish

As for the joke.aside from the reporter I had not only everyone in the fishing guild lol their buns off but were also asking for more..Dont worry bud, French dont need to fight now.there is no real France anymore.just the EU.OUCH!

When you see them planning escape paths out of the country they plan to attack! ; )

theres no excuse for [cabbage] like this. You're bound to piss people off.

Jagex dont seem to give a damn about rule one, someone I know made an account for a joke and went around swearing for a week. He said stuff like c**t and for each offense he was given 0.1 black marks, and he told me a few weeks ago that Jagex repealed all his black marks and he's now back in the green zone.

Sorry to say that by the impression you've given so far in this thread faleep no one is going to give a [cabbage] that you've left.

mgssteelwarol7.png

You know, for quiting Runescape, you sure are coming back here a lot. I would think that someone who hates Runescape as much as you do wouldn't bother to even use a related Fansite forum =\ Didn't you say this was your last visit to Tip.it?

And there's no need to bash A local Guy's sig, as it's obviously a joke that no one here is offended by, as it would have been reported already. You know, he has more than 1300 posts, so he's obviously not offending anyone as much.

But that has nothing to do with what happened to you in game. Saying a joke in game is not the same as having a joke in your sig on these forums. A joke in game is more likely to offend someone because it's filled with immature people, while these forums contain very few.

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

Thank you for pointing that out, Second person in around three years of using that. One more and it's out.

May as well take your own advice though. Making light of a country is far worse, I'd think.

Tsk, don't remove ANYTHING just because some random [wagon] finds it offensive. Especially this kid.

Dude, you made a terrible remark and called the French Wimps basically. I'll tell you what; some French people may be a bit snobby, some may be wimpy, but not ALL of them are like that. I know plenty of French people, and they're definatley not jerks/

The joke I found the dumbest was the American/French fry joke. Completely idiotic.

Go to anger management, stop making fun of people, GROW THE HELL UP. You deserved to get banned, GET OVER IT. I hope that you learn your lesson one day, wether it be getting the ever living crap kicked out of you or being offended yourself. You need to learn self control, you need to learn when is enough, and one way or another, you'll learn. RuneScape was the first step in learning. I wonder when the next step to your maturity will be?

Good luck.

EDIT: I've gotta joke for you. It's perfect for you. Read this aloud to yourself. If you make a mistake, you must start over:

This is this cat

This is is cat

This is how cat

This is to cat

This is keep cat

This is a cat

This is moron cat

This is busy cat

This is for cat

This is forty cat

This is seconds cat

Now, read the 3rd word in each line from the top down...

Again, good luck.

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

Dont worry bud, French dont need to fight now.there is no real France anymore.just the EU.OUCH!

Humor fit for a brat who' s just growing pubic hairs.

The next time I got into trouble was after a long drawn out process where some jerk who relentlessly bothered me to a breaking point and I let him have it

And certanly a fuse just begging to be ignited.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

Yup your right there is no room for light comical jokes about anyone or nation in the soviet style game of runescape.my guess is your French and Ill reply all I want and wont be going back to runescape.thanks for your view on the matter. I hope you smarten up some day and realize life it self is not fare and RS certainly is never going to be no matter how many people they ban.

Let's start at the top. I'm an American, first and foremost. Second, I hope you take your own advice and realize that not only is life not fair, but what you did was immature, full stop. Third, A_Local_Guy's signature doesn't bash an entire nation. What you said could be construed as racism, and you refuse to admit that it's immature/pointless/going to get you in a whole helluva lot of trouble when you grow up.

I'm not going to beat sense into a troll. I'd have better success with a teddy bear. I just hope that your parents can discipline you before this behavior gets you assaulted/killed by someone who is French and patriotic.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

And there's no need to bash A local Guy's sig, as it's obviously a joke that no one here is offended by, as it would have been reported already. You know, he has more than 1300 posts, so he's obviously not offending anyone as much.

Those 1300, plus however many it takes to get to the Veteran usergroup on Gamefaq's, actually... Worse treatment towards Alcoholism on television shows like Family Guy and The Simpsons.

Don't think I'm going to say anything else on this thread though.

It took me a few minutes to get the joke :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Still there's no reason to insult others just to make comedy. There are other ways to make other people laugh with just the same amount of cleverness (is that even a word? :lol: ). Still, it isn't really fair for someone to report another for offensive comments if they don't even say "Hey, that offends me. Don't say it, please." That just opens up a door for someone like you to continue to make jokes without even knowing that someone was offended. I bet someone was actually lying and wanted more just so they could report you. Freakin wana be mods.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

It took me a few minutes to get the joke :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Still there's no reason to insult others just to make comedy. There are other ways to make other people laugh with just the same amount of cleverness (is that even a word? :lol: ). Still, it isn't really fair for someone to report another for offensive comments if they don't even say "Hey, that offends me. Don't say it, please." That just opens up a door for someone like you to continue to make jokes without even knowing that someone was offended. I bet someone was actually lying and wanted more just so they could report you. Freakin wana be mods.

Uh, yes it is fair. If you were French, and this jerk was making jokes about your race, I think you'd care. Just how it is. There is no freakin' wanna be mods when this happens; when they report, JaGex looks at it, and if it is offensive, then you get a mute/ban. If they don't then you are let off the hook. Point is, it's racist, no matter who is laughing; and I don't care what real life comedian tells jokes about. It's just Not okay to speak ill of others in a video game.

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

i know that this is a rant and the purpose of it is to vent ur feelings about the game, but u have to think logically in this situation. Jagex doesnt care about ur stories etc. to them u r just another badapple who got reported multiple times for wrong doings. jagex doesnt want to go into the "im quitting because x player ruined my gaming experience". so they banned u. u should have used ur mouth more carefully. rules r rules and if u break them u get strikes. u got more then 10 and ur out! read rules before u play. if u hate jagex for their rules then move on to a different game. this rant sounds like this is the worst thing ever. and if u want to still play just make a new account. depending on ur stats. cmb level and skills 50- could be done again. i see ur frustration but u cant really point the finger at anyone. it was ur own fault. read the rules before playing. i keep my mouth shut when i need to and i have no black marks at all.

[hide=]This will be my last visit to tipit after a long 4 year relationship with your wonderful site it must come to a close all because runescape sucks.

It all started about 4 years ago (4 months into game play) when I got into this horribly governed game after I got in trouble for macroingI at the time had no clue what a macro even wasall I had was a fancy keyboard that allowed me to type works and commands and set them to auto via the f1-12 kays, True enough it was breaking the rules and even though I was mad that at the time it was not well written what a macro even was I did break the rule and so then in time accepted my temporary ban.

I then come to find a handy feature in runescape that allows you to see how many black marks you have and to my surprise I have not 1 out of 10.not even 10 out of 10 but 12.5 out of 10.I wont even go into what nonsense having a maximum of 10 black mark and then giving people well over that makes but none the less there I was with 12.5 black mark out of 10.and for what????? Letting some punk kid have it and using the full features of my keyboard?????

I let it be figuring there was not much I could do and played for years without problems until this year when I found ALL of my friends lost 1 mark when they released the latest lame bunch of updates on us (removing wild, GE and so on) and I was MAD!!!!! Not only did they overload me with black marks but now they would not even remove one like they did for apparently EVERYONE else???? What gives????

I sent off an email under report bug thinking maybe this was all a big mistake and I was not to really have that many black mark for two very harmless breeches in the rules.as you can guess I got nothing of a response out of this joke of a company whom I have been an active paying member for just about the 4 years I have played the game..what ever.by this point I have come to expect NOTHING out of these people and continued to play..

I am not writing this to beg for my account back because I have HAD IT with the way this company handles in game problems.

They willing tarnish and even remove accounts with little or no real reason to.

They give next to know real responses to CUSTOMER questions regarding accounts/punishments

They cant even follow there own rules.(12.5 out of maximum 10 black marks)

They dont take into consideration I was dealt a VERY big sentence giving me 12.5 marks on two offences which I might add were 2 years old!

There own help site and walkthroughs are far inferior to 3rd party sites such as this one.which we cant even tell others about without the rick of being baned..and on and on.

Well to heck with it! Keep my top 5k account and stay out of my pocket! I only hope many of you who read this consider some of what I have said and move on to one of the many other good RPGs out thereUltima, WOW to name a few..I also want to take this chance to say goodbye to all of you at tipit who helped me EMENCELY over the years with so many things in the game of runescape. I really did appreciate all the hard work you folks put into the site to help others.

Sincerely,

An EX runescaper[/hide]

TL;DR

This post is pure comedy. But let me say that even though that "joke" you told may have been funny, historically, you can use the Spanish navy as an analogy since they lost a great part of their GREAT Armada going against the british. Or even use the Persians vs the Athenian Navy. But I understand the French joke.

Back on topic. Think beforeyou speak because your ignorant mouth may get you in trouble, which it did. When playing a game that is played internationally, you may never know if you are fishing next to a French Naval officer who has a lot of pride in his navy, as lacking as you think they may be. I'd stay away from international and/or touchy subject matter jokes/discussions, cuz your ignorant [wagon] got yourself in trouble. I bid you a farewell from the game because morons like you are not needed. Have a good day.

Mystik01.gif

Locked. If you are leaving runescape or tipit, please use the leaving/taking a break sticky. If you wish to post a rant about runescape/its punishment system, please post that in the rants forum.