COME ON? A mute for this?

ArmadylArcher

I was muted and given 2 black marks for this...I can't post the actual transcript of the screen shot but I thought it was absolutely ridiculous.

"Racism against americans"

wtf???

Someone made a comment about the state of intelligence services and the department of defense in the USA and I replied "America has intelligence now? ;)"

Try to log in a couple of days later and I've been muted for three days for that! I look at the evidence and I'm thinking "Wtf?" ...write my appeal saying I didn't agree with this at all, that I think muting me for this is crap and anyone with half a brain can see it was just a joke. I get a reply back saying I was being RACIST to americans.

I am Canadian! It's our birthright to make fun of our neighbours! Heck, americans are pretty much Canadians anyway and I've travelled all over north america and europe...

Felt like blowing some steam...also.

I was at clan wars today and I saw a guy killing a pmod who's char was dark skinned and he says a wrongly spelled (but intent implied) N word and for him to die ...pmod just says "lol" and the guy keeps coming back. I reported that, just because I thought the whole display was wrong. But I mean come on..."Racism against americans"

I hear a lot about WBM and trigger happy reporters but I think a big thing rune has going is its community. If you lose your ability to speak freely amongst your friends; its just a free MMORPG with blocky graphics running on a java platform.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a ridiculous mute. I don't think even any Americans will think you should be muted for that. I know I don't and I'm from the SOUTH. XD

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

I'm an American and having no qualms ridiculing the country's government and policies. Since I regularly do this in game, it would seem I'll have to limit it to Private Messages only in the future. :|

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

Proof or it didn't happen. Since you can't post proof, your not supposed to post rants like this. Since Jagex doesn't get any more specific then the rules broken, your obviously assuming it was the American comment; without a copy of your report details, which you cannot provide, we can only assume your misinterpreting the report or flat-out lying.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Lol, harsh.

And the reason you cant post proof is because they don't let you.

Yup. Then again, given the number of people posting here who don't even understand why they were banned (see the thread a couple of days ago), it's pretty likely he misinterpreted the evidence.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Jagex mutes for alot of stupid reasons.

Whats worse is the amount of blacm marks they used to give, I had around 7 at one point for 3 offences, and one was for a completely moronic reason that anyone could see as a joke who was there at the time (except the [bleep]er who reported me.)

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

And its obvious they don't let you because they don't want people to have proof of there unfair bans. I'm sure if we did have evidence we would be able to find out just weather he was in the wrong or not.

Until then, this is spam.

Guilty until proven innocent eh?

When all those in recent memory have been proven guilty, statistically speaking he's lying or simply not understanding.

Jagex mutes for alot of stupid reasons.

Whats worse is the amount of blacm marks they used to give, I had around 7 at one point for 3 offences, and one was for a completely moronic reason that anyone could see as a joke who was there at the time (except the [bleep] who reported me.)

All they see is the evidence in the chatbox. I don't ever recall an unfair mute being posted despite dozens, if not hundreds labeled "unfair" have been posted. Given that CR's over half the company, it's pretty dang impressive.

DeviledEgg24.png

Proof or it didn't happen. Since you can't post proof, your not supposed to post rants like this. Since Jagex doesn't get any more specific then the rules broken, your obviously assuming it was the American comment; without a copy of your report details, which you cannot provide, we can only assume your misinterpreting the report or flat-out lying.

Yeah...totally makes sense why there's an entire sticky on it above me that I didn't see before :roll:

Yeah...totally makes sense why there's an entire sticky on it above me that I didn't see before :roll:

Good, you saw it. Post it there and request a lock.

DeviledEgg24.png

Rofl, am I the only person from the U.S. that finds this hilarious? edit: *reads the other posts* :wall: good, I'm not.

Yes, our intelligence was recalled to life after the inauguration; though it's taken a dip recently.

I've got a question:

If any of us were to say something similar to this to a very close friend, "hating" on their country, would we get into a humongous argument and cease to become friends or would we find the semi-truth semi-negative exaggeration in the joke and laugh it off?

The answer basically reveals how sensitive a people we are: we don't care much about other countries' faults; we poke fun at them all the time. When we have fault found in ourselves, we explode and start flinging "You racist [cabbage]!" which only solidifies the "hating" into reality. :roll:

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

I'll get right on it, sir! :thumbsup: \' wow..lol

I'll get right on it, sir! :thumbsup: \' wow..lol

What? #-o

DeviledEgg24.png

It's true. I live in America and this place really isn't that intelligent. I mean, with enough money you can buy just about everything and no one really stops you unless you're stupid enough to make it obvious. I've heard stuff about people buying TANKS (like military TANKS) in my state. Why on earth would you sell someone a TANK?!?

Still, the mute was too harsh.

Is it possible to be racist against Americans? I thought the race the United States was considered is Caucasian? Isn't it the same as Canada? Being racist against yourself obviously isn't be racist. It's like blacks joking around and calling each other N...

Is it possible to be racist against Americans? I thought the race the United States was considered is Caucasian? Isn't it the same as Canada? Being racist against yourself obviously isn't be racist. It's like blacks joking around and calling each other N...

On the internet, no one knows what color your skin is.

DeviledEgg24.png

On the internet, no one knows what color your skin is.

Hmm, ok. But this is honestly the first time I heard of someone being RACIST against Americans. I've heard angry, displeased, hating, or completely against Americans, but never racism.

Hmm, ok. But this is honestly the first time I heard of someone being RACIST against Americans. I've heard angry, displeased, hating, or completely against Americans, but never racism.

So because you haven't heard it, it has never happened? Sorry if I seem patronizing, I'm just trying to figure out what your trying to say :P

DeviledEgg24.png

So because you haven't heard it, it has never happened? Sorry if I seem patronizing, I'm just trying to figure out what your trying to say :P

Not everything someone says is to spark discussion, there's no real reason why I said that. It's just a remark I'd like to make, there's nothing more to it. I'm simply saying that I'm surprised Jagex would even take this seriously since I've never heard anything about racisms againt americans.