A GUIDE TO SUCCEEDING AT RUNE MINING

Leesters

DISCLAIMER: LEVEL 55 WILD

This is a post I'm probably gonna regret... But I've got a secret. Its not well known, and if it is, its not well used.

Prior to this post, I considered a rune rock in the game to be all mine. No one uses it. Its always glowing. And I rarely see another soul. And it happens to be in a very fun and profitable place.

This is the guide to mining rune at the lava maze. Can you mine rune? You are gonna wanna read this. (Every rune miner that knows about this is going "Nooo!")

TOP 10 REASONS YOU WANT TO MINE RUNE IN THE LAVA MAZE

10) Hardly used, rarely pked.

9 ) You get a level 3 clue before you mine your load of rune.

8 ) You can kill a few black dragons with range or hally.

7 ) There is an anti pker technique in the room.

6 ) You get to kill a slew of greater demons without food.

5 ) A fun thing to do with a friend.

4 ) The rune rocks in wild is a favorite place for 99 str pkers.

3 ) The rune rocks in heros is a favorite place for 99 miners.

2 ) The rune rock in the lava maze is a favorite place for absolutely no one.

And the Number One reason you want to mine rune in the lava maze is..

YOU'LL NEVER GET SO STEENKIN' RICH!

This is not an all inclusive guide to rune mining. This is how I maximize my profits at a very unique place, with a very specific process. So, lets get to it!

THE PROCESS:

A) Get to lava maze.

B) Get to muddy key chest

C) Go down ladder into lava maze dungeon

D) Range/hally greater demons

E) Get level 3 clue

F) Mine rune rock switch worlds 20 times

G) Get home very carefully.

H) Do level 3 clue quickly.

I) Get to lava maze.

A) Getting to lava maze. If you don't know where it is,I prefer to walk up from Edgeville. I use 2 super energy pots for each trip as I walk to level 20, and run the west of the way. You can use antigue magicks now to get closer. (I'll need help here, because I don't know where they tele too. Whats the closest antique tele spell to lava maze entrance?)

B)Getting to the muddy key chest. There are two places on in your path through the lava maze where there is a fork in the road. The first one, you pick the middle path. The second one, pick the eastern-most path, or the one on your right. You will need to bring something to slash webs.

C) When you get to the muddy chest room, next to the dungeon, note if the gates are open. If they are, be aware that someone has been there very recently. You might wanna switch servers now, if so. Go down the stairs. This dungeon consists of Greater Demons, Poison Spiders, and Black Dragons. The rune rock is between the dragons and the greaters.

When you first go down the stairs, the greaters are the first thing you see. As you go toward the greaters, go to your left and run past the greaters, and run to the rune rock, then run back again. This sets your room so the monsters don't go on auto attack again after you are done slaughtering greaters. If you don't do this, the spiders will auto attack and poison you when you go to rock. If you do this, they won't.

D)Ranging/hally Greater Demons. This is the part that makes it more profitable, and alot more fun. There is a great ranging spot between two spawns of greaters. You will see a stalagtite in between the two closest greaters, and the range spot is hiding behind this from both sides. You can either bring your hally or your bow. The point here is to get a level 3 clue. Bring a superset/ranging pot, and blast them until a clue drops, and it usually doesn't take long. Personally, if I don't get a clue by the time the superset runs out, I just go mine without the stubborn clue drop.

E)Bring a few natures, and grab your first fire rune drop. Now, high alch everything that drops thats worth it, and don't pick up the runes, you'll need your spaces for rune ore. After the clue is dropped, pick it up, and dump your fire runes and vials. Unless you're really lucky, the monsters will stop auto-attacking before you get the clue drop. Now its time to get your rune ore.

F) Run to rune rock, and because you came here earlier, the spiders will not auto attack you, and you can mine in peace. Mine your rune, switch worlds, and if you brought a friend, theres enough worlds for both of you now.

G) Now, you have a full load of rune, and a level 3 clue, plus some cash and you're feeling quite nervous having all this on you in level 55 wild. Now you have to walk home. There is no shortcut, so its advisable to do this carefully. Wind back through the maze on walk status, and be very aware of all around you. Pkers can attack you from across the lava rivers. Stay on walk until you see something that makes you wanna run. Lol. Basically save your energy for the part of the walk that is getting out of the lava maze and hi-tailing it down to level 30 so you can rub your ammy and get safe. Don't go down the path that takes you to the hobbie mine. Go the other side of the choas dwarfs, as no one is usually traveling this route.

H) Do your clue. Boy oh boy, I've done alot of these. I have a cool process that makes it go fast. Level 3 clues are a bummer if you havne't done Legends, Regicide, or Watchtower, because they'll force you to go these areas sometimes. I'll do a little mini guide on these, I guess... it will be helpful.. more on this later.

WHAT TO WEAR/BRING

Just remember you're going into the high wild. Mage defense is a must.

If you do get attacked you must use the ladder. This is an anti pk technique that makes pkers lose interest. If you get attacked, you're wearing the anti mage outfit so mages will fizzle their entangle spells on you. It lets you run to the ladder, and just simply go up an down ladder until you can avoid or log out. Its impossible to pk someone going up and down a ladder. Soon they'll get bored trying to match you, and you can run out the gates up the ladder long enough to log out, catch your breath, stop shaking, and swich worlds.

Wearing:

Charged Prayer

Farseer Helm

God Cape

Dragon hide, all three pieces

Mage boots (if you're feeling confident)

Bow / Hally (if you're ranging DON"T FORGET A BLADE FOR THE WEBS)

Bringing:

Rune pick

Super set/2 range pots (make the super defense a 4 doser for protection)

Super anti poison

5 sharks

10 nature runes

DOING THE CLUES

TipIt website has a co-ordinate locater. Have this up and ready.

Also have thier Treasure Trail page up, it has all the info you need.

I have a "clue outfit". You will meet a saradomin wizard on your treasure trail for level 3 clues. He cheats. He can cast Sardomin strike and use a poisoned dragon dagger at the same time. You either have to protect yourself from melee, and pray against mage, or the other way around. I prefer to dress for mage, and use the mele prayer just because it weighs less and you're gonna be doing a lot of walking. lol

Clue outift:

Wearing:

Farseer helm

God Cape

black dragon hides (top, bottom, and hands)

Dragon ammy

Mage boots

Dueling ring

Battlestaff

Bringing:

CLUE

10 earth runes

10 fire runes

10 water runes

30 air runes

10 law runes

Sextant

Watch

Chart

Spade

Pray pot

Antipoison pot

The rest lobbies.

You can tele anywhere, and the ammy and ring gives you more tele options. Don't forget about the glider, and the spirit tree as short cuts also. And your outfit protects you from the wizards blasts as you use melee prayer.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you for giving away this spot wich already was becoming crowded with other rune miners and will become more crowded with more pkers and many more stuff that will make mining there more harder good job :wink:

instead of youre plan to help people you succeed in doing the complete opposite :wink:

you did a great job with barrows don't make guides about things like this

and yes you will regret this (i hope you dont have to)

To stop making you seem so high and mighty, I shall reveal to YOU, sir, a secret so well kept that no one knows about it:

WE ALREADY KNEW ABOUT THIS

Even *I* know about it. And not a rune miner OR a PKer.

To stop making you seem so high and mighty, I shall reveal to YOU, sir, a secret so well kept that no one knows about it:

WE ALREADY KNEW ABOUT THIS

Even *I* know about it. And not a rune miner OR a PKer.

agreed got the same feeling reading this post!

you made 1 good guide!

there were others the made a similair guide like that on other sites!

sheesh.....

i like to kill black drags there as there was never anyone there :? until now, soon it will be like all the other dragon spots in the game....

... as bad as the hill giants in edgeville dungeon on a free world.

100 rangers waiting for 3 dragons to respawn :?

as for getting out just leave the maze go to kbd, and tele from there :P

arkwelded.png

semi-retired as i am the lastest victim of computer crack!

AKA... World of Warcraft

Why on earth would u tell ppl about this spot? U dont need money anymore or r u just plain stupid? Oic u just want to look like ur so important or something? :?

I wouldnt even tell my best friends about this place and u go and post it :evil: go to the deepest part of u know where....

BTW Ghorrock tele is the closest to the rune rocks and tipit has a guide to these teles. I wouldnt bother doing clues I just go for the rune. I mean clue items are so cheap now its not even worth it.

I dont know how many miners cept high combat ones would go there considering how dangerous it is. Its a death trap encased by 3 webs, huge poison spiders that poison 6, guarded by 2 black dragons and its got only one rock. So.... dont come... really youll hate it :P

limdog.png

It aint no good spot. Last time i went rune mining to lvl 46 rocks, then out of 15 servers i switched, only 1 had empty rocks. And only one had pkers. Pkers dont pk there because they no that in member worlds everyone goes to heroe's guild. Try lvl 46 rocks for few times ;)

Gee, cut the guy some slack. He's written an informative guide and you are all too greedy counting your own profits so you flame him. Why don't tip.it just close all together, i mean why tell anyone hints and tips on rs, lets keep everything to ourselves. Those of you who are complaining about there being more pk'rs now.. it is the WILD, deal with it. If you aren't prepared to risk dying then don't go. Mine at the heroes guild instead.

Zelda_ot.png

thank you for giving away this spot wich already was becoming crowded with other rune miners and will become more crowded with more pkers and many more stuff that will make mining there more harder good job :wink:

instead of youre plan to help people you succeed in doing the complete opposite :wink:

i used this over a year + ago.. to bad noobs like u had to give it away.

i used this over a year + ago.. to bad noobs like u had to give it away.

youre calling me a noob bc i flamed him for the same thing :? ( i aint a noob check my skills)

he aint helping nobody , ive you don't know how to mine rune don't mine it k?

Wow.

I was right. I do regret that post. Holy Flamage, Batman.

What's different between this guide and the Barrows guide? Wow, everyone was so appreciative and happy about the Barrows guide. Its funny how a little greed can change a players perspective about helping ppl.

Whoever flamed this post is a selfish, greedy, self-centered, hypocritical loner.

And someone asked if I wrote this to be high and mighty. Hmph. I wrote this because its one of the things in RS that I am good at. Just like the Barrows. And I wrote both to HELP people play just a weeee bit better.

I wonder if the Barrows had a respawn rate like rune rocks if everyone would hate me for the Barrows guide. Thats just disgusting.

I'm disgusted. I thought the Forums here occupied a higher class than the Varrock Noobs. Guess not.

And for the guy that told me to "go to heck" because I posted the guide... Meet me in the wild... you can go first.

Grumble groan puke.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

he aint helping nobody , ive you don't know how to mine rune don't mine it k?

Yes, I am helping people, and I'm not really sorry if my helping other rune miners by providing a fun mining experience inconviences you. *shakes head in disgust*

Oh, and if you don't know how to do the Barrows, don't do it k?

Grumble groan repuke

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

Wow.

I was right. I do regret that post. Holy Flamage, Batman.

What's different between this guide and the Barrows guide? Wow, everyone was so appreciative and happy about the Barrows guide. Its funny how a little greed can change a players perspective about helping ppl.

Whoever flamed this post is a selfish, greedy, self-centered, hypocritical loner.

And someone asked if I wrote this to be high and mighty. Hmph. I wrote this because its one of the things in RS that I am good at. Just like the Barrows. And I wrote both to HELP people play just a weeee bit better.

I wonder if the Barrows had a respawn rate like rune rocks if everyone would hate me for the Barrows guide. Thats just disgusting.

I'm disgusted. I thought the Forums here occupied a higher class than the Varrock Noobs. Guess not.

And for the guy that told me to "go to heck" because I posted the guide... Meet me in the wild... you can go first.

Grumble groan puke.

You need us to spell it out for you? All right, here are the points:

The difference? Your Barrows guide was actually helpful, it was on something NEW and you didn't sound like a pretentious donkey's behind in it.

It's not about greed. No sane miner would ever consider that place a gold mine, hell, it's not even good enough for a SALT mine. It's out of the way, extremely dangerous, all in all very inconvenient.

Whoever flamed this post is a dignified person who hates to be talked down to like a little kid.

You sure as hell didn't write it like if you weren't high and mighty. Your words and tone reeked of "snob" to us.

It's not about respawn rates or anything. Just inconvenience.

You're out of the times. Tip.it has been infested and all the older mature people are gone. Oldbies like me are rarely even here anymore, and even I'm starting to hate it.

Guides are only helpful and good if they're about something new and if you don't sound arrogant.

Good day, kthxbai

You need us to spell it out for you? All right, here are the points:

The difference? Your Barrows guide was actually helpful, it was on something NEW and you didn't sound like a pretentious donkey's behind in it.

It's not about greed. No sane miner would ever consider that place a gold mine, hell, it's not even good enough for a SALT mine. It's out of the way, extremely dangerous, all in all very inconvenient.

Whoever flamed this post is a dignified person who hates to be talked down to like a little kid.

You sure as hell didn't write it like if you weren't high and mighty. Your words and tone reeked of "snob" to us.

It's not about respawn rates or anything. Just inconvenience.

You're out of the times. Tip.it has been infested and all the older mature people are gone. Oldbies like me are rarely even here anymore, and even I'm starting to hate it.

Guides are only helpful and good if they're about something new and if you don't sound arrogant.

Good day, kthxbai

I used the same tone and words I used in the Barrows guide. Same format and everything. No one minded that.

No, the people that flamed this post were mad because I "gave away their spot", not because I sounded arrogant. Go ahead, look at the thread.

And why does a guide have to be about something new? There's new rune miners every day. Everyone that hits 85 mining today, and reads this, I hope they have a blast up there, and get 3 robin hood hats, and just wanna keep going back.

And yes it is about respawn rates. The Barrows is inconvience squared.

If everyone could share a rune rock like a barrows crypt, the responses would have been much different.

Guides are still helpful, even if they're not "new", and arrogance has nothing to do with how helpful a guide is! lmao.

Your points are lame, and I'm done. *salutes*

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

first of you cannot compare barrows with rune mining.

And lol? selfish? greedy?

ive got a feeling you don't mine rune anymore.

so you posted this guide to"help" other rune miners

in other words irritate the current rune miners who mine there.

lol lil greed you posted a fully barrows guide for every level when you made enough of cash of it to lower the price's so ppl cannot copy you, so who is selfish, greedy, self-centered, hypocritical loner huh?

I wrote this because its one of the things in RS that I am good at
lol? yes youre uber roflmao...

youre attitude is the samilair to them ,dont throw with name tags k?

many ppl didnt use "youre" barrows guide there are alot of ppl that did it that way before you "posted" it on tip.it

so stop thinking you were the first to do it that way every person with the

possibility to think logic would have found that out.

lol lil greed you posted a fully barrows guide for every level when you made enough of cash of it to lower the price's so ppl cannot copy you, so who is selfish, greedy, self-centered, hypocritical loner huh?

many ppl didnt use "youre" barrows guide there are alot of ppl that did it that way before you "posted" it on tip.it

Exactly.

And again, like I said, no one cares about that spot, it's not even good to begin with. Why would anyone be mad at more people going to their deaths there besides them?

Exactly.

And again, like I said, no one cares about that spot, it's not even good to begin with. Why would anyone be mad at more people going to their deaths there besides them?

his attitude sickens me, spot is to slow for getting enough ores per day only 1 rock so...poison spiders gettin hit 30 rangers there etc etc etc...

his need to feel important and "do good things" as he calls it , forced me to flame...

The guide man is not arragant because he posted a something which helps other people. So SHUT UP and grow up.

I hate whining pathetic people. Thank-you for a nice guide Leet, even though I can't mine rune myself :D

I wouldnt even tell my best friends about this place and u go and post it :evil: go to the deepest part of u know where....

BTW Ghorrock tele is the closest to the rune rocks and tipit has a guide to these teles. I wouldnt bother doing clues I just go for the rune. I mean clue items are so cheap now its not even worth it.

I dont know how many miners cept high combat ones would go there considering how dangerous it is. Its a death trap encased by 3 webs, huge poison spiders that poison 6, guarded by 2 black dragons and its got only one rock. So.... dont come... really youll hate it :P

I'm glad I'm not your best friend. Selfish!

Don't listen to him, new rune miners! Go! Check it out! Get a clue! Enjoy glowing rune rocks on every world! Enjoy the exhilaration of danger! Get your heart pumping! Can you handle it? Lol. Hide behind a rune rock and slash mean dragons!

Btw, usually the only pkers I encounter is another miner that god mad at me taking his ore. lol. He attacked, and said "You stole my rune!". He was about 20 levels under me, so he didn't chase me to the ladder.

Once there was a 99 ranger that really got my heart jumping. He was ranging on greaters, and I had a full load of rune with a clue, and only 3 shark left because of my own greed just to get one more ore. I ran by him to get out of there, and he loaded up a special on me. I thought I was gonna die for sure. THE LADDER IS YOUR FRIEND. lol. Up, down, up down, safe, down, up, safe, down, safe. Ahhhhh!

Okay, I'm feeling better. No more flame wars.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png