~Guide on Slaying Skeleton Wyverns~

jimbobjoe

Well no one kills these anymore because they are quite hard. But i wanted some granite legs because no one ever uses them anymore. So heres my guide.

~~~~IF YOU USE MELEE PRAY ALL THE TIME THEN YOU CAN USE FULL BARROWS~~~~

Step 1. Inventory and Skills

It takes about 1.5-2 doses of pray pot to kill one(combat lvl 105+ you can use more pray pots to last longer.

inventory1ar.gif

Only the stats that are important aren't blacked out.

skills4yt.gif

The higher melee stats and prayer, the better. Remember you need 72 slayer.

Step 2. The Right Setup

I use Dragon BattleAxe for its special, strength bonus, and its crush power against ice.

setup9bj.gif

Step 3. Finding the Wyverns.

They are south of falador and beside thurgo. Every trip I always stop at the prayer alter before the cave to pray.

map18da.gif

Route 1. Blue is the way i used when i teleport from Camalot to Falador.

Route 2. Yoiu can use your Amulet of Glory and then walk there.

Go through the cave and to the southest point by the ice warriors and gaints in a hole. It'll ask you if you want to go in. Say yes ONLY if you got your elemental sheild on.

Step 4. Fight Skeleton Wyverns.

Once in there use the Dragon BattleAxe's special(with restore pots) or super strength and attack. Use Melee pray and melee them. They'll do almost no damage. With 102 strength(Dragon BattleAxe special) I did a few 28s and 27s on them.

owning8gf.gif

This guide is to be used on Tip.it Only.

Written by 1337Jimbob aka jimbobjoe[/img][/b]

I'm not responsible if you die...

siggd7.jpg

Why do you kill these? Do they have good drops? (P.S., does salve amulet work on these?) And... Could you perhaps dharok them with prayer for magic? :D Thanks in advance.

Urza. The One. The Legend.

96703366.thumb3.jpeg

Why do you kill these? Do they have good drops? (P.S., does salve amulet work on these?) And... Could you perhaps dharok them with prayer for magic? :D Thanks in advance.

Dont even ask

Wet Paint - Do Not Touch - Written by Mordendravid

10 more slayer before I can really critique your guide, but I think salve -should- work against them if jagex stays along with it's norm, and since you "hardly take any damage", why not have -more- pray pots and less food? :)

You could also wear something with good mage defense if your praying against melee :)

Just some thoughts, although I know veracs has a nice prayer bonus-you could use an initiate helm and white knight boots for a better prayer bonus :)

Whip shouldn't do too badly against them, it would make up for it's weaknesses comparative with speed :)

So maybe bring battle, weild whip, battle spec, restore, super attack, wield whip, and attack enemy :)

You could tele with glory to al kharid, bank at shantay's chest, talk to him, and tell him "prepare to die" (or something like that, i dont really remember) he will arrest you and tell you to pay him 5 pieces of gold to go out of his jail, say no twice and you will apear at the prison north of that dungeun.

I think that's faster.

i forget who posted it a whle back, but protect from melee completely protects from wyrens, so you don't even need the shield, allowing the use of full veracs. Now i wouldn't recommend testing this with full veracs on you of course, but it is worth trying.

"How you act when no one is looking is the clearest indicator of the strength or depravity of your true character. "

yeah, he's deffinetly a little excited...dont worry its not a glitch...d legs are meant to stretch in that area for that reason.

Why not bring along whip? surely crush can't be that good against these guys.

Thanks for saying that. Not all of us uses whips. I dont not because i can't afford it, which i can but i used to show it off sorta like i'm powerful and stuff. now its not hard to get.

I mentioned i dont have alot of pray pots atm so thats why i had 4.

Also they are wierd monsters. They mage attacked are really melee attacks and thier melee attacks are magical. even tho they mage and you pray melee they still do damage. So having good def is better.

siggd7.jpg

i forget who posted it a whle back, but protect from melee completely protects from wyrens, so you don't even need the shield, allowing the use of full veracs. Now i wouldn't recommend testing this with full veracs on you of course, but it is worth trying.

This is true, if you have the full set, try it out.

Make sure to use the melee prayer though, I accidentally used ranged prayer and died hard.

If you dont believe me, go down there with no equipment on and use melee protect. Even without the shield, you will be okay.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

This is true, if you have the full set, try it out.

Make sure to use the melee prayer though, I accidentally used ranged prayer and died hard.

If you dont believe me, go down there with no equipment on and use melee protect. Even without the shield, you will be okay.

I banked all my items, i'll update this post if thi does work.

Edit1: No armor no weapons i punched it with and without melee pray..never hit above 8....

siggd7.jpg

I can't find a picture anywhere! I love this guide, nice slayer level, but what do they look like, what r the bonuses, how much do they cost? please tell!

Account Akor_Shardax.

Combat.71

Total.942

Goals-55 magic, 60 woodcutting. :wink:

P.S. Guthix is my lord

And 200 mogres later, I got some flippers.

akor+shardax.png