Kaida23's Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero!

Hey,

gratz on 85 mining :)

I was just wondering what tips you could give to a fellow miner about getting mining up quickly?

I really would like to get my mining level to 85 to mine runite, yet you can see in my siggy that i'm a long way off..... any tips to make the journey easier? quicker? more enjoyable?

Welcome to the club :thumbsup:. We always need more people fighting for the Runite rocks. :lol:

Seriously though, 85 isn't as unreachable as it first seems. It all depends on how you want to go about doing it.

If you want quick, then the best thing I can recommend is powemining iron ore. I've been averaging about 30k Xp an hour, and went from 81 to 85 in 10 days doing that. At your level you're able to one-hit mine the iron and should gain four or five levels in the first couple of hours.

If you want profit, I'd still recommend the powermining but only until you get to level 60. Then mine and sell coal from the Mining Guild in Fallador. There's an entrance just south of the bank there and you should be able to make a fairly decent profit/Xp per hour.

Unfortunately, there is no "easy" way to increase your mining level. It can be very rewarding at higher levels, but it can also get pretty tedious. If you're powermining, put on some music and get into a nice rhythm. I also enjoy listening, I say listening because you can't focus on anything enough to watch it while powermining, to some of my favorite movies that are more auditory than visual. I find that the first two films from both Kevin Smith and Guy Ritchie work well for this as they are very well written and you don't need to see it to know what's going on (Smith's later films become increasingly filled with visual gags, and I haven't seen Ritchie's most recent one so I can't comment on it).

No matter how you go about it, the best thing I can recommend is to enjoy it. If it becomes boring, and it will :lol: , you won't want to do it and be less motivated to keep at it. Take a break for a while and work on one of the other skills. I find Fishing and Woodcutting are good for a temporary break and can not only bring in some profit but can also be cross-trained with Cooking and Firemaking, respectively.

Check out Lady Shahdie's mining guide for specifics on powermining.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Good luck on 99 mining! I, myself, have started my journey to 85 mining (and possibly 99 after that!), but I'm only level 68 right now, so I have a little ways left to go.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

I do have a tip if you're powermining iron ores. Use MouseKeys. They'll speed things up, alot.

Here's a guide to Mouse Keys: viewtopic.php?f=180&t=776628&hilit=mousekeys ::'

That is awesome! :twss:

I'm totally going to use than when I go back to powermining next week.

Thank you so much Dutch!

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

holycrapholycrapholycrapholycrap

you mine FAST!

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Everyone, I have just had the most profitable weekend I have ever had while playing RuneScape!

I took small break from powermining this weekend to make some money mining Runite so I could try and get the cash I needed to by a Blue Halloween Mask. I started with 4.4 million gp, and have made almost 8 million more since Friday. :o I just made more money in two days than in the past six months! I've put my purchase request for the mask up in the G.E. and as soon as it goes through I'll post a pic. I realize I may have to wait a while for someone to sell one, but I'm willing to be patient. After all, I got the money much faster than I had originally expected so what's a few more days, right? Although, if the price continues to rise, I may have to mine another couple of loads to keep up.

I've found mining Runite is no more tedious than mining anything else, but requires a different kind of dedication. There's something about jumping worlds for 20 minutes and not getting any ore that would dishearten even the most determined miner. :? I found I could average a load about once an hour, and at 15.7k an ore that equals profit unheard of to this point in my RuneScape experience. Xp-wise however, it's extremely slow. I made less Xp in two days than I would have in two hours of powermining.

Now, what would a mining blog be without a tale of gloating over fools who think they're better than you? I was going about mining Runite the same way I always go about mining. I was trying not to steal anyone's rocks and if I jumped into world where someone else was mining, I would try to mine the rock they weren't working on and simply jump out again after I got it. Earlier today, I jumped into a world and found someone mining the south rock. I began mining the north rock and he immediately started mining it as well telling me to "gtfo noob" and "you never get. Im level 100" and other such comments which I'm sure were meant to impress me with both his ability to lie about his mining level and his proficiency with English. I got the ore, but instead of jumping out I decided to try and stick it to him so I tried the south rock as well ("He tasks me, and I shall have him."). This, of course, led to more witticisms meant to make me leave. Unfortunately for him, I got that one as well and began my search for another Runite-filled world. I ran into this person on five other worlds over the next half hour. Same person, same sparkling conversation and mostly the same result. I got 8 out of the 10 ores we fought over! :lol: For some reason I didn't see him again after that...

I do have to say though, that pretty much every other player I ran into over the past two days were some of the nicest miners I'd ever encountered. Sure there were some jerks, but over all it was very good. Apparently, you need to start mining ore deep in the wilderness dodging Revenants and endlessly jumping worlds to meet other respectful miners. I even had one person warn me about the Revenants and offer me food so I wouldn't die. :shock: When was the last time you had anyone offer you anything while mining except vulgarities?

Now back to my training. I can't wait to try the mouse keys DutchPlease mentioned.

I'm hoping to make level 86 before the weekend.

Howdy y'all. Just a quick mid-day update this time.

I GOT MY MASK!!!! :twss:

I logged in on my lunch to try and get back into the flow of powermining iron and was greeted with the most lovely words in RuneScape: gebox.png :shock: No way! I was expecting to have to wait at least a couple of days for it. I got it and set about wasting my lunch break taking screen shots and cropping pics.

So without further ado,

[hide=Here I am, gilded in my finery! <3:. Easily worth the 12mil I dropped on it.

I'll try and post a progress update later tonight. Now back to work!

Congratulations on getting that mask, looks good too, how are you planning to get 99 Mining?

Thanks. I'll be mostly powermining iron ore. I'm still a bit shocked at how well it works.

You should do 98-99 with runites ^^

Lets see, to go from level 98 to 99 would take 9831 Runite ore. At the current price of 15.7k per ore...let's see...that's 154,346,700gp...hmm :-k that's almost tempting. I could reward myself with a white partyhat! :thumbsup:

It would take aprox. 351 loads of ore to get that much though. At an hour a load, a couple of hours a day, time off for sleeping and browsing the forums...it would take 6 months! Of mining Runite! And world hopping...and logging in twice a minute...maybe not. :lol:

It would make a unique 99 party though!

"Everyone come to Kaida23's 99 mining party! Join us at the NW tip of the Lava Maze, deep in the level 46 wilderness where we'll dodge Deadly Red Spiders and flee for our lives from the Revenants while we jump worlds with her looking for the legendary Runite ore! (Tip.It, Jagex and Kaida23 assume no liability for lost lives, items or sanity)" :D

Liking the Mouse Keys? :thumbup:

I gave them a try but because I'm on a laptop they're not very practical, especially since I drop the ore as soon as I mine it. They're still a great idea, though.

Today I was able to make 80k Xp. Unfortunately, I lost a fair bit of time due to an unfortunate accident. So in the spirit of helping my fellow Tip.It'ers, I present the first in what I hope will be a series I never have to update again:

Kaida's safety tips through example.

Where l help everyone be safe through my own painful experiences. In today's episode, I'll show you that if frozen hamburger patties are stuck together, do not try to separate them with a paring knife! :shame: Instead, use a butter knife. That way if (when) it slips, you won't cut your thumb wide open. Fortunately, having two young boys means I have a copious supply of bandages so I didn't have to go rooting through my service truck for the first aid kit. Unfortunately, I've cut and injured myself so many times over the years I've become fairly proficient in patching myself up. :anxious:

In all seriousness, I do have a real word of advice. If this ever happens to you, simply follow this one simple rule: DON"T PANIC! People who panic stand there holding their wrist, watching themselves bleed and freaking out everyone around them. If you can remain calm, others will too.

Okay, so tonight I was an idiot for slicing my thumb open like I was filleting a fish. #-o Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Ouch lol. I'm pretty good at patching myself up too, even when I don't have bandages around (I've learned to improvise).

Keep going on mining!

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Another excellent day of mining.

I gained another 100k Xp! :thumbsup: Only 100k to go until level 86. It's amazing how much easier it is to focus on mining without pain lancing through my thumb.

I tried mining in the Falador mine on a PvP world. It was definitely quieter than mining in Rimmington (which, admittedly, is pretty quiet to begin with). I only had to contend with one person jumping in and stealing the rocks I was working on, and a couple of random people wandering through the mine attacking me. :( I've decided to stick with Rimmington for now. It may be a popular spot, and I have to put up with strangers asking me for money and directions to Port Sarim :roll:, but I'm happy with it for now.

I've also discovered an unexpected consequence of having a Halloween mask. I haven't had anyone ask me "wanna be my gf?" (usually, I'm asked a couple of times a day), and a lot of people seem to think I'm a member. I even had a level 75 stand next to me for about 5 minutes and yell at me about how unfair it was I was mining on a free world. :-s Apparently, becoming a member gives you some kind of special bonus to make up for mining all those difficult rocks in the members areas and giving you an unfair advantage in F2P worlds. ::'

The foolishness of some people never ceases to amaze me.

If all goes well, I'll have another good day tomorrow and make level 86 sometime tomorrow night!

wow. I could never manage 100k in one day. not because I can't, but because my eyes start to hurt :P . I get 50k a day average. that's like 1 hr 15 min of mining. you can get 86 soon, GO!

modmarkl.jpg

LEVEL 86!!! :twss:

[hide=Mining with a carrot!]level86.png[/hide]I can hardly believe it! Even with doing the Easter event I still managed to get 100k Xp today! :thumbsup:

I completely spaced on how close I was to leveling, and agreed to loan my mask to someone who offered me 10k for an hour so I wasn't wearing it for the pic. #-o

I don't understand why there's so much complaining about the holiday events. I like doing them. I've always found them to be a nice break from the repetitiveness of training. I really like that we got a new novelty weapon as I missed the rubber chicken when it came out. The emote is really good as well; speeding off in a cloud of smoke is always going to be funny. :lol: I was really surprised at how many people were just standing around in the event just saying "what do I do?". The quest wasn't difficult to figure out. Are people really that lazy that they don't even try to figure out what to do?

The new event really worked to my advantage today as there was almost no one in the Rimmington mine, even on a nearly full world! I spent most of my time tonight at the NW end of the mine with the four iron rocks. I was there for about an hour when someone else came in and started working on one of the outer two rocks. He took a lot of swings to get it and I figured he would stick to the outer two. Instead he kept trying to get the ones I was working on. :-s He just kept trying, randomly getting one of the others and then coming back. I even asked him why he didn't just keep to the outer two instead of fighting me for the two I was working on, but he didn't reply. He just kept trying in vain to mine the rocks I was working on. He was there for nearly half an hour in total. More than enough time for me to figure him out...he was botting! :o That's right. By changing the speed I mined at I was able to experiment with him. If I got both of them so that they hadn't had a chance to respawn when he stopped swinging his pick, then he moved to one of the others, but if I spaced them out (like I usually do) so that one respawns shortly after mining the other then he would just keep going back and forth between them as the bot kept trying to get the closest one. :wall: I figure the whole time he was there, he only got about four ores. I was able to mine Runite faster than that! Eventually he walked away saying "OMG". It was pretty funny.

I'm hoping to make level 87 by the end of the weekend, but Easter tends to get pretty busy so I don't know how much mining I'll be able to get in.

I'm off to bed now. Good-night everyone!

Congratz!!

Dont know how you can stand mining lol *shudders* takes so long to level lol and Ive got no patience \'

Gl in future, I'll try and gratz you on every level :D

Kaiya_Tomiko.png Roky_X.png

I tried to post this last night, but I couldn't get on the forums...

I made just over 85k Xp yesterday, but the big news is that I finally got my final random event reward! \'

[hide=...for no mere mortal can resist the evil of the Thriller!]randomemotes.png[/hide]That's right, Zombie Dance was the last emote I needed! I now have all the F2P emotes, except for Give Thanks...I can't believe I missed that one... #-o. Oh, well. Hopefully they're doing another Thanksgiving event this year and I'll be able to get it then. I'd never seen Zombie Dance before, and I couldn't believe it; it was right out of the big dance sequence in "Thriller"! Awesome! Yes, that's right. I'm old enough to remember not only "Thriller", but also a time when Micheal Jackson still mattered. :lol:

From here on out, all the random event rewards will be strictly Xp items. After all, every little bit helps, eh?

Nice... :shock: I can't believe someone actually mines in f2p worlds.

The only person I know that has 99 mining did all xp after 83 in granite in p2p..

Gl with your goals- f2p IS hard to manage imo.

joke33.png

archsupportei2.png

My Blog of pure... Uhmm... Well... Something...

Proud owner of Quest Cape, achieved 05.08.2008

29062th to Woodcutting 99, 02.05.2009

LEVEL 87 BABY! :twss: AND THE HITS JUST KEEP ON COMING!

[hide=Happy Easter to me!]level87.png[/hide]I almost made it last night. At midnight I only had 30k Xp to go but I was exhausted and knew that the kids would get me up early today so I decided to go to bed. I made a sprint to the end in about 45 minutes this morning as I got really lucky and found that the Rimmington mine on world 1 was practically empty despite the world being full. I guess everyone was doing the Easter event.

I figure it will take me most of the week to get to 88, but I'll be crossing the 4 million Xp mark later tonight! \' I probably won't be able to get on anymore today until after the kids go to bed because my mother is coming for dinner tonight and I need to spend the rest of the day cleaning the disaster area that is my kitchen. Hey, I'm a single guy who lives alone...Martha Stewart I ain't. :lol:

Nice... :shock: I can't believe someone actually mines in f2p worlds.

The only person I know that has 99 mining did all xp after 83 in granite in p2p..

Gl with your goals- f2p IS hard to manage imo.

Thanks. It *is* pretty tedious at times, especially since iron only gives about half the Xp/hour of granite (from what I've been reading). Still, it gives me something mindless to do when I've had a long day at work and a long term goal to work towards that helps keep me interested in the game. I usually play for a couple of weeks, stop for a while (that's why I missed the Thanksgiving event) and then come back for a couple of more weeks. I figure that by the time I reach 99, it will have been the longest continuous stretch I've ever played RuneScape.

Oh well, no more procrastinating...I've got a kitchen to clean! HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

Hey I also am doing a test on being a girl and are you a skiller or what?? My test is to see if people give girls mroe stuff then they would dudes... And i also love mining :mrgreen:

Is Back After About 2 Months!!

75 WOODCUTTING | 50 CRAFTING | 82 COOKING| 61 Fishing | 48 Combat

OUR MAIN JOB IS NOT TO SEE WHAT LIES DIMLY IN THE DISTANCE, BUT TO DO WHAT LIES CLEARLY AT HAND

KEEPING A SECRET WITH THREE PEOPLE IS OK, IF TWO OF THEM ARE DEAD.

....IM NOT CRAZY, IM JUST A LITTLE.....CUT OFF FROM THE SANE WORLD.......

how the crap....youve gained more levels in a month than i have in that time span! (in mining anyways)

modmarkl.jpg