Clan support

The Observer

Over the years, clan support has been something that clans have really wanted. Now, it looks like Jagex are really looking into clan's opinions. What do you think about the level of clan support currently offered in Runescape? Would you like to see any additional effort made in specific areas?

j0xPu5R.png

The big thing I hope Jagex eventually does is forum hosting. Forum hosting that you can mention ingame without "advertising" penalties. Easier ingame recruiting, reliable service all in one source...I'd be content.

hzvjpwS.gif

The big thing I hope Jagex eventually does is forum hosting. Forum hosting that you can mention ingame without "advertising" penalties. Easier ingame recruiting, reliable service all in one source...I'd be content.

They will never get clans to switch, there is no way they can match the dedicated hosting most clans use.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

They really have been trying hard to reach out to clans since the begining of the year. I've been using RS forums clan section since 2006 and I've never seen so much involvement from Jmods to clans. It really makes me happy to see.

But of course, the perception of the clan community is the opposite. They think that they have been let down by Jagex with the removal of old wildy and now with the removal pvp/bh worlds.

090831004444.png

I'm actually very satisfied with what jagex has done, aside from the lack of bh worlds for f2p. The Jagex Cup has been awsome so far and Corr (I think it was Corr :? ) even got to fight a mod. They certainly aren't ignoring us.

sigfinalcopy.jpg

True Ownage Co-Leader

evertonp.jpg

I'm actually very satisfied with what jagex has done, aside from the lack of bh worlds for f2p. The Jagex Cup has been awsome so far and Corr (I think it was Corr :? ) even got to fight a mod. They certainly aren't ignoring us.

I agree they are paying attention, but it seems like we are getting petty treats. Little things, unimportant things, to distract us. Things that prevent us from wanting the real issues fixed.

polvCwJ.gif

Well there's nothing wrong with that though unless you're assuming they're not working on the BIG things. I think they are, however. We just might not know about it.

To be honest,, though, I feel frustrated. Yes they're making leaps and bounds with clans, but it still seems to me like they're catering to the individual pker more than they are groups/teams/pking clans.

The problem is...you won't create the old wilderness. You just won't. Part of the fun of pking as a group was smacking around smaller teams and solo pkers in the wilderness. Part of it was run ins. The latter has continued to exist, you can see this in BH worlds; but the former will never happen. Pkers know who control the deep wildy and there's no reason to venture out that far.

It's just as simple as that. They can't really help that. So instead of stringing us on with false hope and promises, they're focusing on the smaller things and, we can only hope, some bigger projects behind the scenes.

hzvjpwS.gif

Well there's nothing wrong with that though unless you're assuming they're not working on the BIG things. I think they are, however. We just might not know about it.

To be honest,, though, I feel frustrated. Yes they're making leaps and bounds with clans, but it still seems to me like they're catering to the individual pker more than they are groups/teams/pking clans.

The problem is...you won't create the old wilderness. You just won't. Part of the fun of pking as a group was smacking around smaller teams and solo pkers in the wilderness. Part of it was run ins. The latter has continued to exist, you can see this in BH worlds; but the former will never happen. Pkers know who control the deep wildy and there's no reason to venture out that far.

It's just as simple as that. They can't really help that. So instead of stringing us on with false hope and promises, they're focusing on the smaller things and, we can only hope, some bigger projects behind the scenes.

Well, the clan chat changes are a good start. Or should be, If they turn out ok. :?

polvCwJ.gif

The biggest point brought out so far is that Jagex seems to appease the Solo Pker more than a clanner. To be honest, more people pk than they do clan wars. Jagex needs to appease the normal pker more because there are more of them.

Although, yes, they did take out the wildy, taking out a pker's playground. They HAD to to take out RWT. The biggest prolem that I had with them is that they took out the wildy for too long.

To be honest, the clan world isn't as big as many people want it to be. Some people don't even know clans exist (told a friend I logged in runescape to check out my clan because I was bored, he responded back with "There's clans in Runescape??"). Jagex needs more support for us, but they mostly would be trying to appease your average scaper more.

22031_s.gif

We have team capes, clan chats, bh worlds and a cwa arena. You can also no longer be muted for clan-related spam and you can even say clan websites without incurring punishment (they have a 'whitelist' of clan sites, I don't know what clans are on it but I know that Corruption's site is).

What worries me though is that with jagex it tends to be 1 step forward 2 steps backwards whenever they get involed. We have clan wars.. but it was replacing the wilderness rather than adding to it. And there's a 100 person limit.

We have the jagex cup... but it's unseeded and again there is the 100 person limit (and unable to rejoin if you disconnect).

We have bh worlds... but only 3 of them.

They should remove (or increase) the cc cap, reinstate at least 5 more bh/pvp worlds and then leave us the hell alone! Players are great at running it, just like we used to run the economy before the grand exchange. Despite presumably the best intentions jagex tend to mess things up without intending to :wall:

enzock.gif

Proud Leader of the Corruption Clan. PM me to set up a fight or for any queries relating to my clan.

We have team capes, clan chats, bh worlds and a cwa arena. You can also no longer be muted for clan-related spam and you can even say clan websites without incurring punishment (they have a 'whitelist' of clan sites, I don't know what clans are on it but I know that Corruption's site is).

What worries me though is that with jagex it tends to be 1 step forward 2 steps backwards whenever they get involed. We have clan wars.. but it was replacing the wilderness rather than adding to it. And there's a 100 person limit.

We have the jagex cup... but it's unseeded and again there is the 100 person limit (and unable to rejoin if you disconnect).

We have bh worlds... but only 3 of them.

They should remove (or increase) the cc cap, reinstate at least 5 more bh/pvp worlds and then leave us the hell alone! Players are great at running it, just like we used to run the economy before the grand exchange. Despite presumably the best intentions jagex tend to mess things up without intending to :wall:

I think you'll enjoy this next clan chronicle coming up ;)

polvCwJ.gif

Can I ask where you found that tasty tidbit out? :o

hzvjpwS.gif

Mod Mat K told me (he has me added on rs and he gave me like an hour long Q&A session relating to the clan world while we were setting up our event with him).

enzock.gif

Proud Leader of the Corruption Clan. PM me to set up a fight or for any queries relating to my clan.

Mod Mat K told me (he has me added on rs and he gave me like an hour long Q&A session relating to the clan world while we were setting up our event with him).

Ah, I figured. Though part of me hoped you found that out from the RSOF. Ah well. Thanks ^^

hzvjpwS.gif

JAGeX spends a lot of effort lately on clans, so we're going in the right direction. However the recent reducing of the PvP worlds isn't a good idea, since somewhat smaller clans will have problems sometimes to just go on a PK trip because if a few top clans are out they'll wipe them away.

I hope JAGeX keeps spending attention to the clans, and certainly keeps accepting feedback from them.

signature4s.jpg

JAGeX spends a lot of effort lately on clans, so we're going in the right direction. However the recent reducing of the PvP worlds isn't a good idea, since somewhat smaller clans will have problems sometimes to just go on a PK trip because if a few top clans are out they'll wipe them away.

I hope JAGeX keeps spending attention to the clans, and certainly keeps accepting feedback from them.

Actually, they just added 2 more.

polvCwJ.gif

Weren't those BH worlds that they just added?

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

Weren't those BH worlds that they just added?

I think so, but they are still suitable for clan fights, and give better loot.

polvCwJ.gif

They're still not the same as PvP worlds. It is easier to get crashed for smaller clans on BH worlds.

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

They're still not the same as PvP worlds. It is easier to get crashed for smaller clans on BH worlds.

But it gives more space for larger clans. If the top clans stick to bh worlds, it is far more likely the pvp worlds will be open for smaller clans.

polvCwJ.gif

But it gives more space for larger clans. If the top clans stick to bh worlds, it is far more likely the pvp worlds will be open for smaller clans.

However, there is only one for F2P and one for P2P which I find very disappointing. I've honestly preferred PKing in Falador with my clan than out in Bounty Hunter worlds with run ins with the Top 10 being quite possible.

j0xPu5R.png

However, there is only one for F2P and one for P2P which I find very disappointing. I've honestly preferred PKing in Falador with my clan than out in Bounty Hunter worlds with run ins with the Top 10 being quite possible.

But it does make it more likely the top 10 will stay out of falador.

polvCwJ.gif

But it does make it more likely the top 10 will stay out of falador.

The top ten never went around Falador anyways.

22031_s.gif

Would be nice if there were more BH worlds so I could actually take LGZ into PVP without being ripped by a bigger, better clan.

Jagex are trying though, perhaps not enough?

New account: Jack