Tip.It Times Presents: Letter to the Editor 29 July 2007

MPM

I learned a lot of how to handle with money due to merchanting on rs to. And probably the best advantage I have due to playing runescape is learning english well. Im dutch and questing and stuff kind of learned me loads, although I must give most credit to playing pokemon on my gameboy lol.

Very well written. I don't merchant that much, but Runescape has taught me more about economics and supply and demand.

3zh5ap4.jpg

Early to bed and early to rise makes a man sleepy and blind in the eyes.

Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!

If it's the thought that counts, why aren't humans innately telepathic?

Good article (or should I say letter?), I agree, I have learnt how to do things more smart and efficiently from playing RuneScape too ::'

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

My typing speed has increased alot :thumbsup:, mostly from typing on rs. But I learn about the economy and its system of supply and demand from just looking on the forums. That or just asking my friend \' who is big on that kind of stuff.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

Good article (or should I say letter?), I agree, I have learnt how to do things more smart and efficiently from playing RuneScape too

This reminds me of when my friend always says 'more better' which makes no sense.. Godo article. I try to read them, really, really I do.. :-s

Nice article. But looking at peoples replies it looks like economy is all based on supply and demand. I have to agree that supply and demand is very important in economies but prices aren't only based on supply and demand, there's thousand of other factors involved that either adjust the price indirectly by influencing supply and demand on it's turn, or it influences it directly. However irl there's so many more things that play a role in economy that we don't. I don't dare to say that I learnt alot from rs economy even tho I trade alot. Yes we might get a better idea about the supply and the demand, but it is such a little percentage of the entire economy that I won't say that I learnt alot, but that's just me.

Other than read very nice article, easy read.

ResisttheNWO.png

ResisttheNWO.png

The lengths people are going to to prove Runescape is educational is starting to get truly creepy. Why can't we just enjoy playing a game without having to justify it as being educational?

it's post like these that annoy me.

No one has said to this date that they play runescape just for education.

Everyone already enjoys it because it is a game. An added bonus is that it can teach you certain RL skills.

The internet: A place where the men are men, the women are men, and 13 year old girls are FBI agents.
looks like WoW's interface.

Were you too lazy to read 3 posts above or too stupid to comprehend it?

Brothers and sisters, I have none, but that man's father is my father's son. Who is that man?

The lengths people are going to to prove Runescape is educational is starting to get truly creepy. Why can't we just enjoy playing a game without having to justify it as being educational?

Everyone already enjoys it because it is a game. An added bonus is that it can teach you certain RL skills.

I never said that everyone is saying they play RS just for educational value. And if anyone said that outright, I'd tell them to sell the computer and join a library. A lot of the posts on what's been learnt come across as "I learned this and this and that makes playing RS okay!"

The real joke there is that a large section of the knowledge is either inaccurate or could be better learnt elsewhere.

Ananke32.png

I never said that everyone is saying they play RS just for educational value. And if anyone said that outright, I'd tell them to sell the computer and join a library. A lot of the posts on what's been learnt come across as "I learned this and this and that makes playing RS okay!"

The real joke there is that a large section of the knowledge is either inaccurate or could be better learnt elsewhere.

The place where it could be better learned is where people don't want to go. School.

:)

If you think that lessons should be removed, then you have a bad idea. If leesons were removed from something fun, where would people learn? Teachers try to make their classes fun. If you take lessons from fun things, then teachers are turned into comedians. You should be happy that you are part of something that gives you enjoyment and could teach you.

The internet: A place where the men are men, the women are men, and 13 year old girls are FBI agents.
looks like WoW's interface.

Were you too lazy to read 3 posts above or too stupid to comprehend it?

Brothers and sisters, I have none, but that man's father is my father's son. Who is that man?

The place where it could be better learned is where people don't want to go. School.

:)

If you think that lessons should be removed, then you have a bad idea. If leesons were removed from something fun, where would people learn? Teachers try to make their classes fun. If you take lessons from fun things, then teachers are turned into comedians. You should be happy that you are part of something that gives you enjoyment and could teach you.

Interesting discussion tbh.

My opion is, I enjoy RS as a game, I use it to set goals for myself and see if I can make it, it lets me meet and communicate with friends all over the world, and if I learn something from it (type faster, etc) so much the better? :thumbsup:

No, I really don't play anymore.