Tip.It Times Presents: Just call me the Exterminator!

Kiara_Kat

This week's Tip.It Times has been released. Feel free to discuss the article or post any comments. If you have any criticism, please make sure it's constructive! :D

Just call me the Exterminator!

The Editor

"Hi, IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m the Tip.It Times Editor, and IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m a Pest Control addict."

"Hi Editor!"

Yep, color me addicted. These days, IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m usually down at the bottom of the world whaling on portals. OK, sometimes I take a break and do a little skill training or questing, but mostly thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s where youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll find me. IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve gotten pretty good at it, if I do say so myself. IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve got a system that...

Click here to read the rest of this article.

Enjoy!

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I started playing Pest control about a week ago and am spending way more hours than I should playing it.

My only gripes are, there isn't enough time at the start to get a plan together and new players are going for splatters and leaving gates open... I wish they would think before they join a game, or ask someone to show them the ropes.

Nextweek

In much of Runescape youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re competing against other players. For example, when mining, woodcutting or fishing,
little mistake? as far as i know there is eneugh fish in the sea for everyone.

beside that, nice article although I never played pest control (I'm non member)

gesbannerwithallskillsamh0.png

The secret of creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Pest Control is a very team-oriented game. I've played the game with only about 10 or so people on the team (LONG time between games) and yet it felt more rewarding, the group of us going after portals were quick to work together knowing that without each other we'd surely fail. I myself am a member of AFFLICTION and am quite happy with the speeds of the game. If I mess up and don't get 50 hits then I Know that I just need to be faster next game.

Yes, PC is the best minigame ever, however many players, often low levels 40-60 can command us, like a real general, and its pretty stupid thing, a lvl 50 say 'kill spinner noobs' and he/she is the noob, and he is more clever than everyone else, and he he 3 PH sets, so they can ruin the game very often, and they r the ones, who will be angry, if we lose, and it makes me very angry! I won't be popular, but there should be a strict rule, so just those could play, who has over 100 QP, or higher combat, or something, i dunno, but when there is 1 noob in the game, tey can ruin the round very easily.

Nice article :)

I've been playing PC a lot this week on what's known as the "heart world" and it really is amazingly fast.

Even at 119 Combat there is still the problem of zeal, but it's really just luck based on who hits the portal the most. In 90% of games I get my 50 from DDS specing the portal at the start.

So yeah, good stuff :)

Yes, PC is the best minigame ever, however many players, often low levels 40-60 can command us, like a real general, and its pretty stupid thing, a lvl 50 say 'kill spinner noobs' and he/she is the noob, and he is more clever than everyone else, and he he 3 PH sets, so they can ruin the game very often, and they r the ones, who will be angry, if we lose, and it makes me very angry!

I disagree with your first comment. CastleWars is the best mini-game :P But I agree that there is a lot of people who ruin the game for others, but this happens in almost everything in Rs. It's a regular occurance.

I won't be popular, but there should be a strict rule, so just those could play, who has over 100 QP, or higher combat, or something, i dunno, but when there is 1 noob in the game, tey can ruin the round very easily.

100QP doesn't mean they know what they're doing; or if you are a high level going for a relaxing mini-game, I doubt you would want to have to lead a team. No, I think it best to make everyone equal in situations like this; as I'm sure we all know, combat level is not an indication of maturity.

Offline and unavailable.

I think that this was a very good idea. Playing with a group of combat level 90 and above players is challenging. The games are over so quickly, usually in under a minute, that one has to be absolutely on the ball or they wonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t get those 50 points of damage necessary to make zeal and get a Void Knight point.

How is that challenging? IMO, a minigame lasting under a minute with higher levels doing most of the work doesn't sound challenging nor fun to me.

The article talks about how PC promotes co-operation and team work, while the hypocritical editor champions separating levels, racing through the game and making speed the essence. Doesn't sound very co-operative to me.

To add to this, I find the article, yet again, disappointingly lacking in depth and creativity. After such a good start, Tip.it times has become something of a monotomy :|

This is one of the best articles ever! The editor is right, people should not complain because whatever level you are in, you will still be able to get points. I appluad this reading! =D>

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Personally, I would like to see more cooperative content in Rs.

As the author pointed out, much of RS is based on a game model of player vs player.

You compete against other players for limited resources or in PvP combat.

Most of the cooperation type activities are more in the "free for all" category.

That is, a mass, uncoordinated attack in a multi-combat area.

There very little finesse or defined roles for players to follow.

I would like to see Jagex add the ability of a player to help another player.

Targetable or castable heals, strength boosts, accuracy boosts, etc come to mind.

Other, much more popular MMORPGs have these abilities in game.

Perhaps Jagex should consider refining the roles that we can play

in-game to provide for a more diverse play style.

Other games that do this charge more $ per month and yet have more members than RS.

Jagex might do well to look at what makes other MMORPG more successful.

and then provide new playstyle content to attract more players.

level 40s - 70s have the right to play with who ever they please...

I myself have a lvl 56 pure, and I hate when people tell me im nit doing anything.

Well I can assure you, I watch my xp, and I know I get well over 300 damage points in every game, well over the required 50. Ive even taken a portal out by myself.

Point being, even the low lvls are resourcefull. someone has to kill the shifters around the void night, or the defilers outside the gates. So why waste a lvl 120 to do that, when you can have 5 lvls 60s plowing them over.

Yes, PC is the best minigame ever, however many players, often low levels 40-60 can command us, like a real general, and its pretty stupid thing, a lvl 50 say 'kill spinner noobs' and he/she is the noob, and he is more clever than everyone else, and he he 3 PH sets, so they can ruin the game very often, and they r the ones, who will be angry, if we lose, and it makes me very angry!

I disagree with your first comment. CastleWars is the best mini-game :P But I agree that there is a lot of people who ruin the game for others, but this happens in almost everything in Rs. It's a regular occurance.

I won't be popular, but there should be a strict rule, so just those could play, who has over 100 QP, or higher combat, or something, i dunno, but when there is 1 noob in the game, tey can ruin the round very easily.

100QP doesn't mean they know what they're doing; or if you are a high level going for a relaxing mini-game, I doubt you would want to have to lead a team. No, I think it best to make everyone equal in situations like this; as I'm sure we all know, combat level is not an indication of maturity.

I really gont want to lead the gam, i hate to lead, but there must be something, it's not fair, some people think, they r better than others. However i don't know what's the solution, but there should be something. Anybody can make a lvl 40 pure in max. a month, and they souldnt give orders to high lvl players

level 40s - 70s have the right to play with who ever they please...

I myself have a lvl 56 pure, and I hate when people tell me im nit doing anything.

Well I can assure you, I watch my xp, and I know I get well over 300 damage points in every game, well over the required 50. Ive even taken a portal out by myself.

Point being, even the low lvls are resourcefull. someone has to kill the shifters around the void night, or the defilers outside the gates. So why waste a lvl 120 to do that, when you can have 5 lvls 60s plowing them over.

I'm not talkin' about you, but i think u also dont like, when other players tell u what to do, and if they r lower lvled than u...

That's allrigth, if u make the 50 damage, that's also ok, if a lvl 126 makes only 50 damage. But thats not fair, a noob comes and give orders, but doin' nothing just speaking. Of course if a high-lvl gives orders and do nothing, thats also very bad, but i saw more noobs commanding, than high lvls

... Anybody can make a lvl 40 pure in max. a month, and they souldnt give orders to high lvl players

Never have I come across this in my experience. Sure lower levels give orders, but there is a difference between taking orders and giving orders.

Offline and unavailable.

I think that this was a very good idea. Playing with a group of combat level 90 and above players is challenging. The games are over so quickly, usually in under a minute, that one has to be absolutely on the ball or they wonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t get those 50 points of damage necessary to make zeal and get a Void Knight point.

How is that challenging? IMO, a minigame lasting under a minute with higher levels doing most of the work doesn't sound challenging nor fun to me.

Bobby gonna have to disagree with teh Bubsa, even though hes teh ownage :D

I think that a 50 second game IS a challenge to get 50Damage, and I think the lower levels SHOULD stay on 78 or make there own clan.

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

This is one of the best articles ever! The editor is right, people should not complain because whatever level you are in, you will still be able to get points. I appluad this reading! =D>

dude, what are you on? this article could've been better, it seemed to lack depth and a important issuse. not even the team mini-games have people working together, if people worked together in cw 10 points would be common, if people worked together in pc the games would be short, yet long enough to easily get the 50 damage at lvl 40. even the mini-games that require co-operation, very few people do that, trawler, for example, is nearly impossible to solo, yet more people seem to be soloing it.

pker683.png

he has a phat just cause he is a p mod, now shut up about it
you're right, it's like giving candy to a fat kid and punch him when he eats it

If the game's too fast for you to gain the required 50 damage, it's not the cooperation that is to blame. The goal is to finish as fast as possible, which I'd say is accomplished. The fact that you, as a team member, are unable to get in 50 damage on a regular basis simply means your stats aren't up to the task. The games I've played with Heart Unit are over very quick, yet out of 300 games, I've only failed to get the 50 damage three times, one of which I wouldn't count because I missed half the game when I looked away for a bit :P

Also, that's a Starcraft quote. Do I get bonus points now? O:)

The article talks about how PC promotes co-operation and team work, while the hypocritical editor champions separating levels, racing through the game and making speed the essence. Doesn't sound very co-operative to me.

To add to this, I find the article, yet again, disappointingly lacking in depth and creativity. After such a good start, Tip.it times has become something of a monotomy :|

Its less of a minigame and more of a training spot to be fair. A lot less people would play it if it where not for the large amounts of XP you can gain with these points. And training is about you, and your Xp.

And can anyone write articles for the Tip.it times? Im unsure about this, but maybe if people wanted to submit an article to someone they should be allowed Imo. Having a different person write one every week my increase the variety and content of the articles and could avoid problems with it lacking depth e.t.c

o

i loved the article. couldn't agree with it any more. grouping players by their abilities and forcing them to work as a team is what pest control is all about, not some whiny newbs who want to piggyback on the higher leveled players so they can get some easy XP.

REPRUHSENT

proud quest cape owner

here's my first post on the TIF (scroll to the bottom)

feel free to pm me, but do make sure that i know you're a Tip.It user (in other words, give me a HYT)

signatureTIF.jpg

And can anyone write articles for the Tip.it times? Im unsure about this, but maybe if people wanted to submit an article to someone they should be allowed Imo. Having a different person write one every week my increase the variety and content of the articles and could avoid problems with it lacking depth e.t.c

Yes, we do have guest authors from time to time. A quick look through the Times Archives would have answered that question for you. Look here for more information about submitting articles:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=319347

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

Yes, we do have guest authors from time to time. Look here for more information:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=319347

Thank you. Also on the subject of segregating players into different sections is better i think. Im not saying low levels are worse at the mini game, but High levels work faster and dispose of the portals fast, So lower levels dont have time to get the points. And higher levels sometimes get frustrated with lower levels simply because they are there and they would slow things down.

o