Summoning Guide Additions, Corrections, Suggestions

Post any comments, suggestions and additions to the Summoning Guide here.

Please keep in mind that as of 1-16-2008, it is a work-in progress.

- Ard

Update 22 Jan: several folks have suggested a "how to make money from summoning" section. Please feel free to post information from your own game experience how you are making money with summoning.

[hide=done, summarised]With Jagex's update on it now, some revisions are in order.

Probably what activities you can do with each familiar to gain back the money lost on shards would be the biggest thing needed.[/hide]

i was just and barrows and have just had a green charm drop and a golden charm drop from the Giant crypt spiders, Crypt spiders and also the skeletons. i am not sure if they drop other coloured Charms yet and i havent confirmed if any of the other barrows monsters drop them... hope this helps :P

[hide=summarised]good so far. don't put anything up about spirt weed/seeds yet as there seems to be a glitch where you can't farm them

Jajex states that the money you save from using summoning is equal to the cost. what a joke. still you might include ways of making cash in the final version.[/hide]

2imak3l.png

[hide=done]""

was just and barrows and have just had a green charm drop and a golden charm drop from the Giant crypt spiders, Crypt spiders and also the skeletons. i am not sure if they drop other coloured Charms yet and i havent confirmed if any of the other barrows monsters drop them... hope this helps
"" (my previous post)

i have just killed bloodworms at barrows and they also drop the green charms and gold charms :D

{note: bloodworms were submitted by others, thanks though for posting}[/hide]

As of this point in time you can not feed dalmations raw chicken. I do not know if this is for all dogs.

91% percent of the people polled said they were liers. The other 9% lied to us.

[hide=summarised]

good so far. don't put anything up about spirt weed/seeds yet as there seems to be a glitch where you can't farm them

Jajex states that the money you save from using summoning is equal to the cost. what a joke. still you might include ways of making cash in the final version.

What he means is, Jagex stated there are many ways to make back what you spend on creating the pouches themselves, by actually using the pouches to help in combat and earn faster drops, or the higher ones which store items for you, you can use them in skills such as runecrafting or mining, to earn faster money.[/hide]

copyofsunny2hy0tp7.jpg

This_Evening.png

[hide=summarised]

good so far. don't put anything up about spirt weed/seeds yet as there seems to be a glitch where you can't farm them

Jajex states that the money you save from using summoning is equal to the cost. what a joke. still you might include ways of making cash in the final version.

What he means is, Jagex stated there are many ways to make back what you spend on creating the pouches themselves, by actually using the pouches to help in combat and earn faster drops, or the higher ones which store items for you, you can use them in skills such as runecrafting or mining, to earn faster money.

- you say that they help in combat.. they can't really do much damage.. it has the lowest attack you can posibly get.. and they hit like max 5.. BIG HELP.. and the highest hit is 19.. and it is with a special attack, which cost money to use.. so yes, it is a joke :wink:[/hide]

Horra0.gif

horra0.png

What he means is, Jagex stated there are many ways to make back what you spend on creating the pouches themselves, by actually using the pouches to help in combat and earn faster drops, or the higher ones which store items for you, you can use them in skills such as runecrafting or mining, to earn faster money.

- you say that they help in combat.. they can't really do much damage.. it has the lowest attack you can posibly get.. and they hit like max 5.. BIG HELP.. and the highest hit is 19.. and it is with a special attack, which cost money to use.. so yes, it is a joke :wink:

You should look to prove those bold statements.

Anyway, you could separate the familiars in the guide according to what they do/how they help you.

green_link_1.png

green_link_1.png

[hide=summarised]

- you say that they help in combat.. they can't really do much damage.. it has the lowest attack you can posibly get.. and they hit like max 5.. BIG HELP.. and the highest hit is 19.. and it is with a special attack, which cost money to use.. so yes, it is a joke :wink:

You should look to prove those bold statements.

Anyway, you could separate the familiars in the guide according to what they do/how they help you.

Give summoning some time and you might find your comment rather dumb.. they are a big help.. make slayer tasks faster and can boosts stats.[/hide]

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Shadow_Clawe thanks for clarifying what i said. However i doubt i will be able to enough money from drops to justify the use of summoning. Hopefully they will change the skill.

To the locations section when it is made: add not only places to train, but places you are not allowed to summon.

Also a uses section, like what was done with lunar magic might be usefull.

I would like to say i am impressed with the speed at which this guide was made and i love tip.it guides. In most cases they are better than those of the official runescape site. keep up the good work.

2imak3l.png

In that vein of reasoning, then according to Jagex, smithing is one of the best money-making skills, because by making weapons/armour, you can kill monsters faster thus gaining cash. Its a circular argument.

To de-spamify this post:

In the Spirit Shard cost/xp chart, Rune Minotaur and Spirit Daggonoth have 0 listed, which is rounded down from like 0.1 or whatever. It would be less confusing if it was simply put "<1".

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

at the current time. the best source of charms as they are non tradable are the rock crabs down in the chaos tunnels. every monster down there has the chance to drop charms, but the rock crabs drops charms in lots of 10 and drops blue green and gold charms.

the only hinderance is that they need to be maged. although you can hit them with ranged and melle. they have VERY high protection and a person with 99 att and pots even takes quite a while to kill these so mage is highly recomended

dahha.png

borrow money off pessimists... they dont expect it back =P.

[hide=done]I dont know if this is of help for the guide but I found out were some of the obelisks are:

1. One under the druids house (when u start summoing)

2. In the ogre city (dont know what name is)

3. The northen piont of karamja (were the gold ore and poison scorpians are)

4. The shack were you do Nature Spirit (the little hut were you can charge your prayer pionts, Just found this one making snail familers)

Thtas all i found in my first day of summoing :D

Edit: Also I hear jagex are cutting the prices of shards in half! \:D/

Edit:Edit: My first post =D>

Edit:Edit:Edit: Just found out theres a place near the other obelisks (not the druid one or the ogre one) Were you can by pouches and shards and antlers ect. even though no ones there! :o

{this was added to a revision of the guide already. thanks though for posting.}[/hide]

Tipit-blog2copy.jpg

i did the chaos tunnels and they drop ALOT of charms. *usually 1 per kill* they drop any color i seem to get alot of blues greens an golds *reds r a tad rare there* i definitely recommend this area for farming charms.

on average 1 trip nets me around 5-10 golds, 1-5 reds, 1-5 greens and 1-4 blues.

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

[hide=done]alright. a couple of good places for supplies are:

Wolf bones: security stronghold

chickens: meat shop in canifis

snails: general shop in burgh de rot

bronze claws: rogue den

{crew note: these are good suggestions. however we are going to let the items db links explain the ways to get the items, to avoid making this guide too excessively large. thanks, though, you have the right idea!}[/hide]

orrymon397.png

I'm crazy and angry. better avoid the bar

[hide=done]iron ore: from blast furnace or the ore seller in the dwarf mines under white mountain.

{pokemama edit: I think we want to use the links to the items database where potential sources are identified - otherwise this guide will become too large. Thanks though for the tip.}[/hide]

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

""
was just and barrows and have just had a green charm drop and a golden charm drop from the Giant crypt spiders, Crypt spiders and also the skeletons. i am not sure if they drop other coloured Charms yet and i havent confirmed if any of the other barrows monsters drop them... hope this helps
"" (my previous post)

i have just killed bloodworms at barrows and they also drop the green charms and gold charms :D

These Monsters are also found in the new dungeon area which I'm attempting to map out...

So you dont really need to risk your life at barrows >.>

Sword_King05.gif

^Clicky For Blog^

[hide=offtopic]

interesting... barrows monsters drop charms but you can't summon at barrows.

If you wanna get even more redundant... gravestones were made to protect your items, and passing players could repair / bless... You cannot repair or bless in barrows....[/hide]

Sword_King05.gif

^Clicky For Blog^

Picture of cape doesn't work.

{pokemama edit: Jagex hasn't shown us a pic of the cape yet, and it will be a while before a player reaches 99. So we'll have to wait. The alternate text should show "no pic yet" - am fixing it so this is visible in IE.}

inoskedyou.png

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.