Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cheefoo

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Cheefoo

  1. Cheefoo replied to jrkerr's topic in Rants
    Prayer renewals don't have a level requirement. They are tradeable after all. The new boots, shields etc. are pretty much confirmed to come from their respective bosses. Jagex isn't going to add manual saves to Runescape. I have no idea where you'd get that idea. Divine spirit shields still reduce damage, they're just currently bugged in the beta. Prayer bonus is going to be added later, they just have yet to finish coding it for the beta.
  2. I thought the beta was open to all members during the weekends? Whatever happened to that?
  3. Just a theory, but check your prayer points next time you go to barrows in beta :P. I was. The prayer drain is still there inside the crypts and tunnels, but greatly reduced. It drains only a few prayer points per spooky ghost face that appears. Not sure if any of the brothers' sets are having any further effect on it though. I'll keep an eye out.
  4. Karil appears to drain magic now. I was fighting through the Barrows and noticed he was dropping my magic one level at a time. I wonder if the set effect is any more significant when used by an actual player. I've seen Torag activate his effect on me, but nothing appeared to happen. Maybe he drained my run, but I when I checked it was at 100% - so either it didn't drain it at all, or it was so very tiny it was restored by the time I realized what happened. I have yet to get the set effect to work with my own Torag's armor, but I've only tested it PvM. If it were still only a run energy drain, that might explain why it isn't activating on monsters.
  5. First thing I thought of when I read that. I wish they would provide the reasoning behind this change because I thought the per hit xp worked really well. I also want to know whether exp will be awarded upon kill or upon hit. Say a monster has 500 lp in the new system. You tag it and hit 100 on it, awarding 40 experience in attack. Now, some other guy comes over and hits 400 on it which awards him nothing. I don't really understand that. It would make much more sense if experience was awarded upon kill as opposed to hit, that way others wouldn't just destroy your exp per hour for "fun." After 10 seconds monster "reset" apparently. I've noticed if I smack a monster, then move onto another one, and when I come back to the first, it has full health.
  6. The thing is, Runescape isn't some generic combat-centric MMO. Combat is one of the many facets of the Runescape experience.
  7. Dharok's is great in the beta. I'm not sure if the set bonus affects your abilities (I kinda doubt it does) but the auto attacks add a lot of damage. I was hitting up to about 2k damage while at low health. Side note: Seeing as protection prayers don't negate 100% damage, staying at low health with Dharok's is much riskier now. But it's really intense and exciting!
  8. Magic is cheaper if you're using a staff, but if you're dual wielding, you cast spells so incredibly fast you burn through runes like water (runes).
  9. You need all 3 styles to beat them. When they pray range, they're weak to stab, when they pray melee they're weak to fire spells, and idk what they are when they're praying mage cuz I never brought fire surge. It takes forever to kill them if you don't use the right style. You can still tank their melee attack and they'll never switch, though. I doubt they'll be worth killing though, since claws will be entirely worthless. Claws seems to have a +% to critical hits. Not sure what that really means, and in their current state they are pretty useless. I hope they're buffed later down the line.
  10. When corporeal beast "drains your prayer slightly" it took of 870 friggin' prayer points. On the other hand, in barrows, the prayer drain effect only saps ONE prayer point at a time. I don't understand what even this going on is... OH! I had a great idea! Someone should try out the penance aura! 50 bucks says Jagex didn't alter the prayer restore rate properly.
  11. There are going to be a lot more wands. Ahrim's wand is one of them, so it'll probably be somewhat cheap. Death runes seem like they'd drop, but it's too soon to say how things will end up. Remember, this is the beta. The real update isn't coming out for SEVERAL MONTHS. Please hold your speculations, everybuddy. Speaking of confusing trading shenanigans... what is wrong with this picture? I dub thee betards. It is not a speculation, it is affecting the live GE. It's affecting the GE because of speculation. If everyone on the planet listened to my sage advice (dohoho) this wouldn't be happening. Shit can change real fast in betas, is what I'm saying.
  12. There are going to be a lot more wands. Ahrim's wand is one of them, so it'll probably be somewhat cheap. Death runes seem like they'd drop, but it's too soon to say how things will end up. Remember, this is the beta. The real update isn't coming out for SEVERAL MONTHS. Please hold your speculations, everybuddy. Speaking of confusing trading shenanigans... what is wrong with this picture? I dub thee betards.
  13. I just did about 5600 damage with a Dharok auto using that "berserk" (forget the exact name) ultimate against a greater demon. That ability boosts your damage by 100% but you take 100% more damage... Now imagine in PvP if BOTH players activate berserk! They'd be hitting each other for 4x damage! Holy shit, someone needs to try for a one hit kill in the duel arena!
  14. Godswords aren't the best, but I think they're going to have their uses. They're unique in being the strongest two-handed slashing weapon. Seeing as melee weapons can't change attack styles (e.g. godswords slash, rapiers stab, mauls crush) I'd imagine godswords would be good for monsters weak to slash. This is all from the beta, of course. At the moment, godswords aren't worth having for anything but their special attack. Some of them have handy specials, namely the bandos godsword - handy for dropping a big monster's defence.
  15. Protect prayers don't seem to protect 100% against monsters. I'd imagine they reduce damage, but I have yet to find out how to prove this. Piety also seems to be draining my prayer quite a bit slower. On the other hand, I heard turmoil is draining prayer very fast. I don't have 95 prayer myself, but I would understand why this is true. More powerful prayers (curses) should drain prayer points faster. Prayer flashing is practically useless now. I'm not sure if it works in the first place, but even if it did, you're hitting so often with abilities, you practically need prayer active every damn tick.
  16. I decided to turn graphics back to max and on Directx... Surprisngly, it worked much better than min graphics. However, the game crashed when I tried to eat something... At least I can access my bank and check out stats on stuff.
  17. Urrrgh, horse shit game keeps crashing. What world are you guys playing on and roughly where do you live? Maybe it has to do with the server locations.
  18. Holy shit, I managed to homeport to Yanille. Let's see how this goes now that I escaped the dead zone. EDIT: Nope. I give up.
  19. When I log in I get about 5 seconds before everyone's character loads and I'm screwed. I don't even have the time to homeport away to a less crowded area. When I DO homeport, I just dissapear and stay in the same goddamn spot. I might just log into regular Runescape, move over to a quiet location, then re-load that to the beta. EDIT: YOUR ACCOUNT HAS NOT LOGGED OUT FROM ITS LAST SESSION PLEASE [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] AND TRY AGAIN
  20. 70 def=barrows 75 def=bandos Can someone compare their stats? I managed to log on only long enough to look through a few skill level guides. As soon as I closed the window I crashed again...
  21. Oh, that seriously blows... Get ready for herbs to skyrocket in price. Seeing as I can't log in for the life of me, can someone check something for me? I've been wondering what the defence requirements on barrows, bandos, nex armors, etc. are now. I hope bandos armor isn't just a straight up better version of barrows now.
  22. Yeah, I'm having the same problem. This shit puts me in a really bad mood. Then I discover someone drank the last Coca Cola... Now I'm ready to murder someone.
  23. Urrgh, game crashed.
  24. Why doesn't it make sense? If you do not have a shield on your off hand, it makes sense to punch with it. It does make sense to use both fists (maybe trade in some defence for that option) but in the BTS video, they showed unarmed combat where the character used only her right fist. I'm not sure if they want to bother implementing this, though it would make boxing a bit more interesting. I'd like to point out if you don't hack my post apart I already explain why I think it doesn't make sense for it to be implemented. "Especially seeing as unarmed is kind of the basic no frills, no gear attack so why would they let you some how toggle it to do 'dual wielded' to punch at double speed." I did not mean it does not make sense physically, I meant in the context of what unarmed combat is to the game. Unarmed is incredibly weak normally, and with goliath gloves it's the equivalent of a whip. Why not allow players to toggle "dual wield" for unarmed combat? It makes perfect sense.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.