Everything posted by Cheefoo
-
See the Future...
Last I heard, they said they weren't working on one, and they find it unlikely to have one released in 2012. Though it would be a nice surprise for sure. Player owned ports would be just as good, in my opinion.
-
Shadow silk hood hunting
It takes all of ~1 minute to make legs or a chainbody and gloves/boots. The gloves and boots really seem to boost damage significantly, and the rest of the armor definitely helps prevent getting murdered. I'd say it's worth an extra 60 seconds to make the armor when you make a stop at HT. I find myself derping around while waiting for an herb to grow, anyway. P.S. I don't think most people worry about hyper-efficiency at level 50 dungeoneering.
-
Chaos Tunnel WFs Task
Recently got 95 summoning, and by chance, I was just assigned 240 waterfiends. Normally I do these in the ancient cavern, but with my new iron titan pal, I was considering going after the chaos tunnel variety. There are a few things I'd like to know: -How long does their aggression last? -Does their aggression reset? I hear if you walk too far in a certain spot in the room, they re-aggro -How boned am I if I don' have soul split and overloads? -Goliath gloves are the best, I won't even ask about this - but feel free to tell me how right I am -Boxers or briefs? -Are there any other important things to take note of?
-
20-April-2012: Mad May and Wild Weekends
Maybe they can surgically remove his Dreamworks Face.
-
Shadow silk hood hunting
Just got my hood yesterday (FINALLY at 92 dg) and I quite like it. It helps massively for puzzle rooms because you only have to clear out the non-humans. However, it is a lot harder to tank early on in a dungeon before I get any armor. Personally, I smith armor whenever I find the ore, so I think a hood is just plain better for my play style. If you do any sort of smithing or seeking out armor, a hood is invaluable. You can't make a hood of your own, but you can make a plate. As you say you're soloing, chances are you can find time to smith more easily than in teams. However, if you can find time while waiting for an herb to grow, or a slow puzzle room to progress, you could hop over to a furnace and make summa dat metal defense pointage without losing any time.
-
20-April-2012: Mad May and Wild Weekends
Well, I believe Ozan is from Al-Kharid. Maybe he just lost his tan from staying out of the desert so long? Is that even how this works? Maybe the animators just [bleep]ed up. Or they decided to change another of the Sig Heroes. Didn't Sir Owen used to be "Sir Ewain"? He also had blonde hair and no scars or anything.
-
20-April-2012: Mad May and Wild Weekends
Exactly! Maybe now that the update's out and all those people just "testing" the new update will drop in number. Maybe in the long term, Jagex will realize that perhaps this isn't as profitable as they expected, and perhaps elect to take it down due to popular demand.
-
20-April-2012: Mad May and Wild Weekends
The real problem is all the gullible people eating this shit right up. If you bought even one spin, you're essentially feeding the problem. If nobody bought spins, Jagex would gladly take the Squeal shop down.
-
20-April-2012: Mad May and Wild Weekends
Why do you assume they're having financial troubles? Perhaps they just want more money? I'm a little sick of all you ignorant twerps reading too far into these little schemes of Jagex's. Just because they're marketing more aggresively means absolutely nothing besides they want more money.
-
Post all RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds here!
Another average day of solo dungeoneering... I was SO READY for some intense bossfight in full armor, but then I realised "that [bleep] necrolord is probably just waiting to get his greasy hands on me, and my armor won't do shit to stop him..." Seconds later, I opened a door and saw him. What a waste of perfectly good armor. But there was so much ore I just couldn't control myself. P.S. sub-20 minute solo med floors in full armor - get at me
-
Game update 19th April
Awesome update. I love the new "key bar" in dungoneering, and I've seen a bunch of night spiders in a few solo meds so far. STILL NO HOOD but at least my chances are better than before. Has anyone checked if the special attack message now appears even when on "filtered" game messages? The message still doesn't pop up if you use a special attack restore potion and hit 50%/100% by using it, however. That much I'm sure of.
-
Maul or Goliaths for waterfiends
What is that supposed to mean? Do you know something we don't?!
-
Post all RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds here!
So... I dyed my hair dark red, then I went and got 95 summoning. HELL YES
-
Activation rate of Goliath, Swift and Spellcaster gloves?
While people are checking the activation rates, could it be possible to also gauge the goliath gloves' accuracy too? We know it essentially functions as a +82 strength weapon, but there don't seem to be any surety on its functional accuracy. I was just assuming it was the same as a whip, seeing as it has the same strength, but I've begun to wonder, perhaps it's higher? It generally seems to hit more often than a whip, but that may be because it attacks with crush instead of slash and I've generally been fighting opponents with less crush def than slash without realizing it.
-
Flip merching severerly limited
Keep in mind that is the RSOF, so any "popular opinion" on there should be taken with a grain of salt. Wow dude. Way to rip on how the real world works. That's exactly why the world is in an economic crisis. Stupid glorified gamblers betting money on money, screwing eachother over with underhanded tricks, and taking the entire world economy down with them by extension. This is a videogame. Jagex can make anything as magical and outlandish as they please; the last "realistic" aspect I want in this game is the same broken economy our world is founded on.
-
Flip merching severerly limited
So now you actually have to contribute to the economy to make money? You can't just make money by doing nothing anymore? Too [bleep]ing bad.
-
11-April-2012 - Dungeoneering and Shop Improvements
You have to find the "ornamental" needle IN THAT ROOM. Nothing's changed. "Nothing's changed" pretty much sums up my take on the whole update. Sure, stackable resources are nice, but skilling is still slow as ever. Just because we can hold more shit doesn't make it worth doing. Toolbelt's nice I guess, and the permanent high tier picks/axes are too. But they're still useless for gathering resources, because skilling is still pretty pointless. As a solo dungoneer 95% of the time, I have to say, this update didn't fix shit when it comes to solo xp rates. 1. gathering/artisan skills item stacking = pointless in solo 2. permanent high tier tools = pointless because of the above 3. keys stored in toolbelt = convenient, but only serves as an inventory saver in solo 4. no solo xp boost = [bleep] YOU, JAGEX
-
11-April-2012 - Dungeoneering and Shop Improvements
Does anyone know if this shop "improvement" screwed up daily shop runs for profit?
-
Is pyramid plumber worth it?
Do pyramid plunder, definitely. Not only is the xp rate lightyears ahead of pickpocketing knights, but if you're really worried about money, it's also the better choice. Just bank the artifacts and sell them later.
-
What boots are these?
Perhaps they were white boots? I haven't really checked to see if they were updated recently along with the armor overhaul, but it sounds plausible.
-
Efficient corp soloing (goliaths)
You need a mithril crossbow or better to fire enchanted emerald bolts.
-
The Benefits of D.I.Y.?
It's 100% just for fun. No "real benefit".
-
Competitive Castle Wars - My 7th Scoring Vid - Runescape Editing??
I suddenly have a strong urge to play Castle Wars. Well done on the editing!
-
Behind the Scenes - April
The way the worded the info on the toolbelt in Daemonheim leads me to believe you can't permanently add higher tier tools (pickaxe, hatchet). They say something like "once you find them, you can stick them in your toolbelt to save inventory space". So if you get a better pickaxe or hatchet, you can add it to your toolbelt just to save space, not to keep it after the dungeon (permanently).
- Creepy Thread