Everything posted by Cheefoo
-
28-Feb-2012 - Squeal of Fortune
Bugs? Did I miss something?
-
Auspicious Katana
I agree, it sounds likely they're modeling it off a nodachi. You know who else uses a nodachi? The Goddamned Hakumen. He can be demonstrating the nodachi's blunt fore by using it to bounce off of his vitcim like a goddamn pogo stick. However, I have my doubts when it comes to Blazblue's historical accuracy.
-
Post all RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds here!
Do the glowing eyes appear through helmets?
-
Two unrelated questions
The only advantage relevant to rock lobster bursting an amulet of glory has over an ASN is a bit of defence and prayer. Chances are, you won't even need the defence anyway. But on the flipside, if you don't have an ASN, don't fret about getting one for rock lobsters. The difference isn't that big due to the way damage boosts only affect one target. Of course, if you already have one, just use an ASN over glory.
-
The F2P General Discussion Thread
...and a Bronze Crossbow! Subscribe now, or miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime chance to get your very own Bronze Crossbow!
-
Post all RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds here!
Awesome looking tattoos, but do you know if they're worn in the head slot? Or can you put them on as a hairstyle, or as a special "skin type"? And is it me, or does the first tattoo say "LOST"? Lucky ags doesn't look much different, honestly. I can only imagine how much somebody would rage if they pk an ags to discover it was a fake... P.S. Gratz on 1337 posts Zokot! P.P.S. Gratz on all 98+ Arttu!!! KEEP GOING!!!
-
[Video] Jack Of Trades Aura Guide - AKwaspRS
My bad, I thought I tried and it didn't work. That being said, bringing a bonecrusher along could save some (very small amount) of time. Feel free to quote me in the guide, I'd be honored! As muggiwhplar pointed out, you should probably omit the "bonecrusher doesn't work" claim I made before.
-
28-Feb-2012 - Squeal of Fortune
Millions of people play the lottery each week here in the UK but it isn't messing up the economy. This hasn't created mass unemployment because of everybody having wealth. The same is going to be true in Runescape. The chances of these items is so incredibly low that it is very unlikely they will have any sort of effect on the economy. Your one set of D claws won't be an excess of the item on the market if you attain them once in 5 months for example. Even over thousands of players, it shouldn't have much effect. The rarity is proven by the lack of posts on here of the rare and valuable items. So far I've seen only two pictures of these items, neither actually acquired by this community. It does not make sense to put one of the best items in the game in a divine available to players on a lucky roll. BAD ANALOGY DANZ. OMG so illogical. You see, if there is a 50 million euro/ound/dollar prize, there is probably 75-100m being spent. Some of that money goes to pay to run the lottery etc. Some goes into the business's/gov'ts bank. Terrible analogy. here its just FREE GOLD/items MAGICALLY appearing for nothing. Need I go on? I hope not because im off to play a game of league. @Lactose, its germane to the conversation. That part doesn't matter at all though. The point is that even when millions do something of chance, it doesn't mean the reward is common. The same goes for this update. Just because there are thousands of players, does not mean the rewards will be anything more than ultra rare, therefore having a negligible if any effect on the markets. Hell, I could go to an extreme and say that the time lost by doing the spins and not boss hunting will have more of an effect on the amount of items coming in to the game. 10,000 boss hunters spend 10 seconds/day not boss hunting, think of the effects! Ok I'm being extreme here, but it's quite simple as long as the rarity is high enough, which evidence shown by the lack of posts here on the forums showcasing rare rewards. [/hide]This is hardly evidence of anything, I don't think we can comment on the rarity of an item without a lot more tests. Regardless though, how do you not see a problem in all this? The best items in the game available at a spin of a roll. It simply does not make sense... at all... All these items are already available "at a spin of a roll" ever since their creation. These are all random drops anyway; just giving us one or two small chances of getting them per day isn't going to have much of an impact on their availability. Sure, killing the boss monsters requires skill, high levels, and effort, but I guarantee you the Wheel's chance of giving out these items are extraordinarily slim. Just because it looks like the Wheel stopped "right next" to a rare item doesn't mean much of anything. The visual effects are just for show, they tend to give the illusion that you were sooo close to getting that Godsword when the chances of that happening are likely one in a thousand. You probably have a better chance of somebody wealthy just randomly giving your free st00f than getting anything significant from this Wheel.
-
[Video] Corporeal Beast Solo Guide - AKwaspRS
Using goliath gloves like that is a very interesting idea. Nice guide, it almost makes me want to go to Corp myself!
-
Future Update Discussions
Something seems strange about this update...
-
``
What would be easiest? 200m cooking. The reality? My favorite skill(s) would have to be either magic or summoning. However, I enjoy using them, not training them. Both of which I doubt I could get 200m any time soon. What I want? 99 all skills of course. Far more useful than any single 200m xp skill. Easier to show off, too (huge selling point for some people). What would be the most fun? Also 99 everything. Sure, I'd have to suffer through some slow skills like runecrafting, fishing, mining... but it would be a lot more fun than going for a 200m. Even with cooking, sure it's quick, but standing in the kitchen all day gets real old real fast. And the most fun skill (dungeoneering of course) would also begin to grate on my nerves if I had to go for 200m xp.
-
200M in all Skills
This. Finding a picture of a high leveled player playing the game how they want and posting it in a 200m all skills thread does not make you look cool. There's a saying that goes "Do as I say, not as I do." Yes, I have that saying too, but therein lies a grain of truth. I mean, if the advice is good, does it matter who it comes from? If a smoker told you "Don't smoke, it's bad for you" do you decide to take up smoking in spite of that dirty cancerous hypocrite? No. You listen. But this case is more akin to the smoker saying "Try to cut back on the smoking, maybe like a pack a day at most." The cigarettes will still kill you, but at a slower rate. Much like slaying in better armor will still get you 200m xp, but at a slightly faster rate. The end result is much the same, but the pedantry is unbearable. Especially coming from a dirty, smoking, low leveled noob. Just let them slay how they want. Sure, the advice works, but what they lack in minute armor bonuses they make up for in sheer dedication. I think that's far more important. wait is that a chaotic maul? lol get goliath gloves [bleep]ing noob
-
[VIDEO] How to prayer flick. Never lose a single prayer point.
It isn't really a "microsecond". You make it sound a lot harder like that. All you really have to do is activate and deactivate your prayer within the 0.6 second game tick before your attack hits. It's quite easy when you get the hang of it. Once you get in the rhythm you don't need to pay much attention. Bring along a few prayer potions though, because unless you're constantly focused, you probably will lose a few points here and there. But "focus" and "Runescape" do not mix well.
-
[Video] Jack Of Trades Aura Guide - AKwaspRS
I think it would be great if you typed out the info from your video on the thread itself. Not everybody wants to watch a 7 minute commentary for something that could be read in under a minute. Now, here are a few tips of my own, if you're interested. 1. First and foremost, it's always the best to activate Jack of Trades as soon as possible. As soon as the timer recharges, put it on and activate it. You can get around to the 10 skills later, because activating it ASAP means you can re-activate it exactly 24 hours later, so waiting for the opportune moment to "speed run" your 10 skills wastes time. If you choose to activate the aura and complete the 10 skills in the least amount of time possible, I also have a few tips. 2. Activate the aura first, then teleport to Varrock. This gets your magic xp out of the way right off the bat. 3. Bring along your Seer's Headband. When chopping down a normal tree while wearing it, you get two logs for the time spent getting one. Burn and fletch as normal. 4. Pick a guard's pocket for thieving xp. People tend to forget about this one. 5. Bonecrusher doesn't appear to work for prayer xp, nor do prayer urns. In a nutshell, here's what I do: 1. Teleport Varrock (magic) 2. Cut down a tree (woodcutting) 3. Fletch a bow or whatever (fletching) 4. Set fire to the countryside (firemaking) 5. Pickpocket a guard (thieving) 6. Promptly murder him (attack, strength, defence, constitution) 7. Bury the evidence (prayer) If you chose to take my first point of advice and activate the aura as soon as possible, then just put it on the back burner; you don't really have to worry about any special techniques. Just go about your normal business and fill in the blanks for the 10 skills when you want to get the xp lamp.
-
Post all RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds here!
Holy hell, what bonuses did you stack?
-
Future Update Discussions
Perhaps that white shape above the goblin's head shows a prize? It looks like some type of red piece of furniture. And what's with the box at the top left corner? It looks like someone blurred it out in photoshop.
-
15-February-2012: The Rio Carnival � Bring On The Dancers!
You can't have higher numbers than 2,147,483,647 ingame. Honestly, how many free players have that much xp anyway? But I suppose if you want to know your total xp, you could just add it up yourself. They're kidding, right? Yeah, these made me pretty mad too. 1.I understand that the max cape isn't supposed to be the best, but seeing as the completionist cape requires you to complete every single bit of content in the entire goddamned game to wear it, yes I think it should stay the best. 2. [bleep] you, Jagex. Give us the finale. 3. They already confirmed they were releasing the dragon crossbow, along with the rest of the dragon items (kiteshield, warhammer, etc.) but I guess they're allowed to change their minds. But their reasoning is stupid. Just because there's a better crossbow already doesn't mean you can't release a dragon one. Give it a special attack, and keeping in mind that not everyone has 80 dungeoneering and 80 ranged, it could work out just fine. 4. Once again, [bleep] you, Jagex. They're a bunch of [rooster]-teases, telling us all about how great these "forbidden" cities and places are, and never giving them to us. "Eastern lands", "Priffidnas", "Arposandra", "TzHaar City", the list goes on and on...
-
14-Feb-2012 - TzHaar Quest, Minigame and Graphical Rework
Perish the thought. They still drop effigies, just at a slower rate. The exact decrease in effigy droprate is still to be confirmed, however. Regardless, they are likely to still be one of the best effigy droppers compared to everything else. Though I do foresee this effigy change affecting the economy in a big way, but not in the way you illustrate. Instead, players are forced to actually train skills to level them up (what a concept) instead of just raising any of their skills through pure combat. Now maybe people will actually bring resources into the game a la runecrafting and other skills that were previously effigyscaped.
-
Effigy nerf
To train runecrafting, you have to craft runes! To train fishing, you have to catch fish! To train slayer, you have to slay specific monsters! To train mining, you have to mine rocks! A travesty of which I have never seens the likes of before!
-
Post all RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds here!
His attacks are even easier to see now... Giant ground pound = ranged, throwing up = magic, melee prot if neither. I thought the same when I saw a video of the Kiln, but the green particle effects threw me for a loop. Can anyone confirm that turning of the particle effects settings actually gets rid of them in the Jad fight? It seems like common sense, but I've noticed a few instances of particle effects persisting even if I "turned them off". I guess I'll hold off on the Fight Caves until I can extensively study a video of Jad's weird new animations. But dammit Jagex, why must you add so much visual noise to your stoopid game?! Fix the shitty framerate before you start destroying my computer with your frivolous, unoptimized graphic effects. P.S. Grats, Stev, on that awesome new cape! [/hide] The green stuff's probably the healers healing or a leech curse I haven't done Jad in a while, but I thought they couldn't heal him once you have them attacking you? It's definitely not a leech curse, I wasn't using any. Perhaps this is related to the "slow animations glitch" that I and some other players have been experiencing ALL OVER RUNESCAPE!!1! For some reason, some animations are played very, very, very, very slow. If Jad is affected by this, I'm not even going to bother until it's fixed.
-
14-Feb-2012 - TzHaar Quest, Minigame and Graphical Rework
So they are. You admitted it.
-
14-Feb-2012 - TzHaar Quest, Minigame and Graphical Rework
holy shit jagex rolled back the upadte effigyscape to the end of time
-
TokKul-Zo or Zerker on task?
I'm pretty sure the 'Zo would be much better. I heard it works like full void bonus, so that would be +10% damage straight up. Not sure how it stacks, though. If you could do like 600 with a rapier and no ring, a berserker(i) would add like 20 damage, but assuming the 'Zo boosts damage by 10%, that'd boost by 60 damage. And, of course, if you plan on using any magic or ranged, the 'Zo would be a much better choice. P.S. How did you do that stat-hovering-item-icon? Is that some type of new feature??
-
14-Feb-2012 - TzHaar Quest, Minigame and Graphical Rework
I'm wondering how to understand what is going on with Jad's animations. I was doing fine at first, but when the healers get on him, everything seems to go to hell. The healing animations seems to glitch up his other animations, from what I can gather. Just gave him my first attempt and did it with ease. Just pray mage non-stop until he smashes the ground then switch to range, did me fine. I watched his moves for a few minuets and he's got 3 magic moves and the one range move. Ohhh, he has three different looking mage moves? I saw him doing some weird looking crap and I thought it had to do with the healers. I assumed I lured them wrong or something, and they were still healing him. I couldn't see his life bar for most of the fight, and those green sparkles around him led to believe he was somehow still being healed. By the way, what should I use on Jad? I used a polypore staff the whole way through, and it seemed rather inaccurate on Jad himself. What about storm of Armadyl? Perhaps I could borrow someone's ABS?
-
Post all RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds here!
His attacks are even easier to see now... Giant ground pound = ranged, throwing up = magic, melee prot if neither. I thought the same when I saw a video of the Kiln, but the green particle effects threw me for a loop. Can anyone confirm that turning of the particle effects settings actually gets rid of them in the Jad fight? It seems like common sense, but I've noticed a few instances of particle effects persisting even if I "turned them off". I guess I'll hold off on the Fight Caves until I can extensively study a video of Jad's weird new animations. But dammit Jagex, why must you add so much visual noise to your stoopid game?! Fix the shitty framerate before you start destroying my computer with your frivolous, unoptimized graphic effects. P.S. Grats, Stev, on that awesome new cape!