Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

28-Feb-2012 - Squeal of Fortune

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
582 replies to this topic

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P

Feeling lucky? We're proud to present the Squeal of Fortune: a game of chance available to free players once daily, and members twice per day. There are some fantastic prizes on offer: some exclusive; some powerful; and some...well...nutritious, at least. Everyone's a winner, and it's quick and easy to play every day!

As soon as you log in, you’ll be greeted by Yelps, the host of Squeal of Fortune. Interact with him to start things spinning, and then hit the big, red button see what you’ve won.

Each time you play, you'll see a selection of items to win, randomly chosen from Yelps's huge stash of loot. There’ll always be a grand prize, such as a godsword, some dragon equipment, a hefty XP lamp or an eye-watering number of GP, so there’s a chance to win big every time.

There's also a range of exclusive items that can only be obtained through Squeal of Fortune, including a goblin hat, demonic horns and some amazing head tattoos.

There are many practical prizes on offer to help you on your adventures too, including gems, coins, arrows and magic runes. Even if you don’t get that shiny swag you had your eye on, there'll always be tomorrow – and you can never have too many cabbages.

Good luck, and have fun!

Further Details

To play, log into the game, and click the interface icon that appears on-screen. You can drag this anywhere on the screen, and it will appear in that position whenever you log in. The button will disappear for the day once you used your available spins.

Members can spin twice per day, and free players once. This resets at midnight, GMT/BST.

Please note that many of the more illustrious items to be won in Squeal of Fortune are non-tradable.

Take a look at our forum FAQ if you have further questions.

Mod Nexus

In Other News

We’ve added voice overs to NPCs in the Troll Warzone area, including two voiced by the winners of our recent competition. Pump up the volume and take a tour of the town!

There are now server-wide announcements, broadcast when a player achieves something particularly outstanding. You can stop these being broadcast from yourself by switching off your private chat. Please note – if you have private chat off at the time of the update and wish to block announcements, you’ll need to switch private chat on and then off again. You can also filter out announcements from other players through the "Game" filter options in the bottom-left corner of the screen.

Patch Notes

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Ambler
[ Display Name History ]

Ambler

Black Knight Trainer

• Monster Hunting Team
  • 3,453 posts
  • RSN:Ambler3
  • RSN2:Joe Tiko
  • Clan:EoE.... Sometimes.
Should be fun...

There are now server-wide announcements, broadcast when a player achieves something particularly outstanding.

Hmph. Wonder if my planned mass-99's party will trigger this. :twss:

Posted Image
^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^
My livestream- Currently: Offline :(
Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

Lewtations

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

There are now server-wide announcements, broadcast when a player achieves something particularly outstanding.

That's actually pretty ingenious and I like it!

This update doesn't hold much interest for me, but it sounds neat. It wasn't announced in the BTS so I wasn't expecting it. A decent surprise.

hzvjpwS.gif

Drazhor
[ Display Name History ]

Drazhor

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,799 posts
  • RSN:Drazhor
Patch notes:

Posted Image
Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,092 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
I'm reading through the patch notes. Obviously if you give everyone a spin of the wheel for their xp/gp it will only cause inflation, so aside from suspense it doesn't really provide much.

Also, where is the aforementioned "Game FAQ?" I see to be missing it.
"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

wormy
[ Display Name History ]

wormy

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 595 posts
uuuuh more free items gp and stuff.....
Oh well lets start spinnin!

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts

The "clicked" cross when not clicking on an active object is now slightly green-tinged to differentiate it totally from the red cross.

Someone's adamant about this change. I really wonder why :rolleyes:

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Jadinko
[ Display Name History ]

Jadinko

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • RSN:Yewi
  • RSN2:Miseryism
  • Clan:DGS
Sounds actually really exciting aha...

Miseryism | Completionist

Dire_Wolf
[ Display Name History ]

Dire_Wolf

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,721 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
they nerfed effigy cause it was overpowered.
Now they give chance to win big xp and cash.

arpar90210
[ Display Name History ]

arpar90210

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 44 posts
I wonder if Godswords would be easy to get in this and if it will affect the price at all.

Arthu
[ Display Name History ]

Arthu

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,218 posts
  • RSN:Arttu
One is not supposed to create godswords out of nowhere without killing gwd bosses >:(
Posted Image
99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.
9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?
Posted Image
I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

ItsCook
[ Display Name History ]

ItsCook

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Koolcookie0
"There’ll always be a grand prize, such as a godsword, some dragon equipment"
hmm not sure if i like this, wonder if it's going to be rarer than the d chain chance at barb assault

Posted Image

Runescape Player Since '04 | Tif Member since '06 | Max Combat | Too Busy Playing MW3

Remember: Anyone who is worse than you is a noob. Anyone who is better has no life!

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei
I'd imagine the chances for obtaining those big things would be a bit like winning big at a scratch-off ticket.

hzvjpwS.gif

Leon S
[ Display Name History ]

Leon S

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Latin

"There’ll always be a grand prize, such as a godsword, some dragon equipment"
hmm not sure if i like this, wonder if it's going to be rarer than the d chain chance at barb assault

Has anyone ever gotten a dragon chainbody from BA? :lol:

Kirschen
[ Display Name History ]

Kirschen

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,446 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Kirschen
Didn't expect this. I wonder if this is just a temporary thing since it looks like it would cause some odd implications.

Pete Party
[ Display Name History ]

Pete Party

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
-.- Always when I log in it just updated....I swear on the nanosecond.

Edit: le error connecto del server
Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,092 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
I have clicked login, the screen went black, and nothing's happening...
"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

wormy
[ Display Name History ]

wormy

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 595 posts
I would laugh a little if a f2p got the godsword, showed up members item then just said in his/her's bank.

wioneo
[ Display Name History ]

wioneo

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,410 posts
  • RSN:wioneo

The TokHaar-Kal can now be used to attack Ice Strykewyrms.

Procrastination wins out again.

Good to know not bothering to get a new fire cape paid off, suppose they didn't say anything about the damage bonus though... Also i wondered if there will be another update tomorrow on the 29th, or if they will just remove the early bird things alone.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 405~46 Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,8 Legs,9 Spear,2 D2h,8 L Half,49 Boots,2 Skirt,2 DDs,9 Lump,8 Claws,56 Dagger,13 Visage,74 Mace,4 Scimitar,2 Hasta,Baxe,51 Long,29 Royal,2 Kite,Ward,Plate,Staff,Hammer
GWD: 151~4 S Staff,72 Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,3 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,Z Boots,B shield

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 3~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl + GWD2: 6~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots 

Etc: 57~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,6 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,4 Rider Armor,4 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,Blood Shard,5 Hydrix,Gland

Capes

ItsCook
[ Display Name History ]

ItsCook

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Koolcookie0
anyone else having screen freezing issues when logging on?

Posted Image

Runescape Player Since '04 | Tif Member since '06 | Max Combat | Too Busy Playing MW3

Remember: Anyone who is worse than you is a noob. Anyone who is better has no life!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users