28-Feb-2012 - Squeal of Fortune

Saradomin_Mage

Feeling lucky? We're proud to present the Squeal of Fortune: a game of chance available to free players once daily, and members twice per day. There are some fantastic prizes on offer: some exclusive; some powerful; and some...well...nutritious, at least. Everyone's a winner, and it's quick and easy to play every day!

As soon as you log in, you’ll be greeted by Yelps, the host of Squeal of Fortune. Interact with him to start things spinning, and then hit the big, red button see what you’ve won.

Each time you play, you'll see a selection of items to win, randomly chosen from Yelps's huge stash of loot. There’ll always be a grand prize, such as a godsword, some dragon equipment, a hefty XP lamp or an eye-watering number of GP, so there’s a chance to win big every time.

There's also a range of exclusive items that can only be obtained through Squeal of Fortune, including a goblin hat, demonic horns and some amazing head tattoos.

There are many practical prizes on offer to help you on your adventures too, including gems, coins, arrows and magic runes. Even if you don’t get that shiny swag you had your eye on, there'll always be tomorrow – and you can never have too many cabbages.

Good luck, and have fun!

Further Details

To play, log into the game, and click the interface icon that appears on-screen. You can drag this anywhere on the screen, and it will appear in that position whenever you log in. The button will disappear for the day once you used your available spins.

Members can spin twice per day, and free players once. This resets at midnight, GMT/BST.

Please note that many of the more illustrious items to be won in Squeal of Fortune are non-tradable.

Take a look at our forum FAQ if you have further questions.

Mod Nexus

In Other News

We’ve added voice overs to NPCs in the Troll Warzone area, including two voiced by the winners of our recent competition. Pump up the volume and take a tour of the town!

There are now server-wide announcements, broadcast when a player achieves something particularly outstanding. You can stop these being broadcast from yourself by switching off your private chat. Please note – if you have private chat off at the time of the update and wish to block announcements, you’ll need to switch private chat on and then off again. You can also filter out announcements from other players through the "Game" filter options in the bottom-left corner of the screen.

[spoiler=Patch Notes]

Graphical:

The "clicked" cross when not clicking on an active object is now slightly green-tinged to differentiate it totally from the red cross.

Sunfreet's death animation now fades out correctly.

Bound Dungeoneering longswords are now using the correct animation set.

Forgotten rangers now fire the correct ammo instead of Mithril arrows.

Soul Wars capes now hang more naturally on the player.

The red strikethrough on requirements on the Task System is now placed correctly on the text.

Players now face forward at the end of the balance beam on the Advanced Barbarian Agility course.

Some unnecessary blocking has been removed around the Pirate Hut in the Wilderness.

Quests & Tasks:

Some TzHaar no longer refer to the player as "YtHarr" instead of "YtHaar".

The TokHaar-Kal can now be used to attack Ice Strykewyrms.

Sir Mordred from Merlin's Crystal no longer awards combat XP when attacked.

The "Enter Mining Guild" task now correctly states the Mining level requirement.

The cutscene at the Zamorak temple during The Temple at Senntisten now plays correctly.

The warning about needing to complete the new version of Druidic Ritual to continue One Small Favour and Eadgar's Ruse is no longer displayed if the player has already completed the reworked Druidic Ritual.

The Tail of Two Cats cutscene is no longer interrupted by the Anvil attacking cutscene from Troll Warzone.

The "Get a Slayer task" and "Complete a Slayer task" tasks are now autocompleted if Smoking Kills has been completed.

Skills & Minigames:

Dominion Markers now state that Sunfreet hasn't been slain if all other special battles have been

completed without defeating Sunfreet.

Fareed in Dominion Tower will now attempt to unequip the player's weapon to:

The inventory,

or if full the player's bank,

or if full will drop the player's cheapest item to make room in the inventory

If any item is dropped, a warning is also shown to state that this item will not be retrievable if the player leaves Dominion Tower.

Stealing Creation reward items now correctly award bonus XP when recharged without the need to re-equip them first.

The Taverley Circus location has been moved out of the corner of the flax field.

The easy treasure trail pointing to Gaius now states he is in Burthorpe instead of Taverley.

Sliced Bananas can no longer be taken out of the Mage Training Arena.

Other:

The Troll Warzone musical tracks (Taverley Folk I & II, Taverley Ambience I-V) have been renamed.

The Wooden workbench Skill Guide information now correctly states that 5 planks are required instead of 3.

It is no longer possible to create ground charcoal on free worlds.

Clicking to open 2 Skill Guides at the same time now opens the correct one.

Pickaxes on the Smithing Skill Guide now correctly shows a members only icon.

The Troll Warzone Combat Supplier is now named Corporal Boothe.

The Prayer Renew potion effect is now consistently removed on death.

A spelling mistake has been corrected when a player reaches their daily red sandstone limit.

The Attack skillguide no longer lists A Clockwork Syringe as a requirement to wield a Brackish Blade.

It is no longer possible to start a turkey farm using Mackers and a Menagerie, then reclaiming him multiple times from Diango.

TzRek Jad's name when in the players inventory is now correctly capitalised.

Metal claws on the Smithing Skill Guide now display the correct level required to smith them.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be fun...

There are now server-wide announcements, broadcast when a player achieves something particularly outstanding.

Hmph. Wonder if my planned mass-99's party will trigger this. :twss:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

There are now server-wide announcements, broadcast when a player achieves something particularly outstanding.

That's actually pretty ingenious and I like it!

This update doesn't hold much interest for me, but it sounds neat. It wasn't announced in the BTS so I wasn't expecting it. A decent surprise.

hzvjpwS.gif

Patch notes:

[hide=]Graphical:

The "clicked" cross when not clicking on an active object is now slightly green-tinged to differentiate it totally from the red cross.

Sunfreet's death animation now fades out correctly.

Bound Dungeoneering longswords are now using the correct animation set.

Forgotten rangers now fire the correct ammo instead of Mithril arrows.

Soul Wars capes now hang more naturally on the player.

The red strikethrough on requirements on the Task System is now placed correctly on the text.

Players now face forward at the end of the balance beam on the Advanced Barbarian Agility course.

Some unnecessary blocking has been removed around the Pirate Hut in the Wilderness.

Quests & Tasks:

Some TzHaar no longer refer to the player as "YtHarr" instead of "YtHaar".

Sir Mordred from Merlin's Crystal no longer awards combat XP when attacked.

The "Enter Mining Guild" task now correctly states the Mining level requirement.

The cutscene at the Zamorak temple during The Temple at Senntisten now plays correctly.

The warning about needing to complete the new version of Druidic Ritual to continue One Small Favour and Eadgar's Ruse is no longer displayed if the player has already completed the reworked Druidic Ritual.

The Tail of Two Cats cutscene is no longer interrupted by the Anvil attacking cutscene from Troll Warzone.

The "Get a Slayer task" and "Complete a Slayer task" tasks are now autocompleted if Smoking Kills has been completed.

Skills & Minigames:

Dominion Markers now state that Sunfreet hasn't been slain if all other special battles have been

completed without defeating Sunfreet.

Fareed in Dominion Tower will now attempt to unequip the player's weapon to:

The inventory,

or if full the player's bank,

or if full will drop the player's cheapest item to make room in the inventory

If any item is dropped, a warning is also shown to state that this item will not be retrievable if the player leaves Dominion Tower.

Stealing Creation reward items now correctly award bonus XP when recharged without the need to re-equip them first.

The Taverley Circus location has been moved out of the corner of the flax field.

The easy treasure trail pointing to Gaius now states he is in Burthorpe instead of Taverley.

Sliced Bananas can no longer be taken out of the Mage Training Arena.

Other:

The Troll Warzone musical tracks (Taverley Folk I & II, Taverley Ambience I-V) have been renamed.

The Wooden workbench Skill Guide information now correctly states that 5 planks are required instead of 3.

It is no longer possible to create ground charcoal on free worlds.

Clicking to open 2 Skill Guides at the same time now opens the correct one.

Pickaxes on the Smithing Skill Guide now correctly shows a members only icon.

The Troll Warzone Combat Supplier is now named Corporal Boothe.

The Prayer Renew potion effect is now consistently removed on death.

A spelling mistake has been corrected when a player reaches their daily red sandstone limit.

The Attack skillguide no longer lists A Clockwork Syringe as a requirement to wield a Brackish Blade.

It is no longer possible to start a turkey farm using Mackers and a Menagerie, then reclaiming him multiple times from Diango.

TzRek Jad's name when in the players inventory is now correctly capitalised.

Metal claws on the Smithing Skill Guide now display the correct level required to smith them.[/hide]

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

I'm reading through the patch notes. Obviously if you give everyone a spin of the wheel for their xp/gp it will only cause inflation, so aside from suspense it doesn't really provide much.

Also, where is the aforementioned "Game FAQ?" I see to be missing it.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Someone's adamant about this change. I really wonder why :rolleyes:

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

One is not supposed to create godswords out of nowhere without killing gwd bosses >:(

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

"Therell always be a grand prize, such as a godsword, some dragon equipment"

hmm not sure if i like this, wonder if it's going to be rarer than the d chain chance at barb assault

Koolcookie0.png

Runescape Player Since '04 | Tif Member since '06 | Max Combat | Too Busy Playing MW3

Remember: Anyone who is worse than you is a noob. Anyone who is better has no life!

"Therell always be a grand prize, such as a godsword, some dragon equipment"

hmm not sure if i like this, wonder if it's going to be rarer than the d chain chance at barb assault

Has anyone ever gotten a dragon chainbody from BA? :lol:

Procrastination wins out again.

Good to know not bothering to get a new fire cape paid off, suppose they didn't say anything about the damage bonus though... Also i wondered if there will be another update tomorrow on the 29th, or if they will just remove the early bird things alone.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

anyone else having screen freezing issues when logging on?

Erryone.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Lol! Omg! I WAS RIGHT! It is Wheel of Fortune Runescape-stlye! ROFLMAO!

There's also a range of exclusive items that can only be obtained through Squeal of Fortune, including a goblin hat, demonic horns and some amazing head tattoos.

Tattoos? Neat! While I am diametrically opposed to tattoos on my own person (someone is DEATHLY afraid of needles!!!), I always thought itd be neat if we could get tattoos on our Avatars.

Anyone got pictures yet?!?!?

slobdf.jpg

Oh, wicked, bad, naughty, evil Zoot!

Oh, she is a naughty person, and she must pay the penalty!

Someone's adamant about this change. I really wonder why :rolleyes:

I can't log in for some reason, so I haven't seen this yet. But why did they change the click cross in the first place? What a pointless thing to change. It was perfectly fine before. After changing it, it was hard to tell when you successfully clicked on something, compared to when you didn't. If I could get logged in, I'd love to see this new green-tinged one. :S

Blakdragon39.png

I didn't win shit...but what were the super rares people had the ability to win?

First was 10m gp for me, and 2nd was hefty exp lamp.

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]