Game update 19th April

19-Apr-2012 11:49:22

There's a small game update due this afternoon, probably around 12.50pm. It's mostly a tidy-up of some game engine code, so it isn't getting a full newspost, but we're taking the opportunity to bung in some other changes too:

- Dungeoneering now shows keys via a head-up display.

- Increased frequency of Slayer creatures in Dungeoneering.

- Mapping fix south of Rimmington.

- Mapping fix in the Gnome Stronghold.

- Bugfix to Squeal button that sometimes wasn't available when it should be.

- Bugfix to a font used in the OMGE.

Mod Ash

(Filling in for Mod Easty 'cos he's on a training course learning how to administrate a shiny new source control system.

[qfc]15-16-907-63692172[/qfc]

hex please.

Edited by Star.
Added in the QFC

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What on earth is OMGE? =S

But woo for heads-up dg keys.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The only thing I care about is the key HUD. If they had even an ounce of sense, they wouldn't have affected the appearance of souls and edis very much. Though now, of course, I'll have to fiddle with my damn browser window just to keep DGSweeper from covering the [bleep]ing key HUD. Genius at work, yet again, at Jagex HQ.

hzvjpwS.gif

Saw everything but edi and gazer during a floor just now

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Interesting updates. :-k

Dibs on Bn @ 100dg.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

The only thing I care about is the key HUD. If they had even an ounce of sense, they wouldn't have affected the appearance of souls and edis very much. Though now, of course, I'll have to fiddle with my damn browser window just to keep DGSweeper from covering the [bleep]ing key HUD. Genius at work, yet again, at Jagex HQ.

It's not their fault if you're using some other application you know >.>

Well exactly :P I'm sure Stev will tweak dgsweeper to be out of the way of it or something anyway. Nice little way to display to keys anyway by Jagex, even better that they made it even more visible than adding it to a tab :D

I doubt the slayer monster thing is gonna change much, aside from now seeing swarms of jellies and night spiders in dg now :P

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

From my extensive research (1 floor) I conclude that their has been a significant increase in all of the slayer monsters you don't care about.

Keyhud thing is [extremely] useful.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Good to see they've fixed the issue with the keys so quickly. A HUD is a much better idea than having to open the toolbelt tab. :thumbsup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

did 1 large dg saw 4 seekers and one gazer.

Not a significant dataset for gazers but seekers at least are a lot more common.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I can't even begin to explain how agitating it was to read your post. What a wonderful way to start the day.

Bad design IS their fault. Whether it's failing to provide a map application like Stev's, shoving vital information in hard-to-reach places, or knowing their limitations and working with the modding community to make the experience enjoyable and well-rounded. This is every bit as dumbfounded as their earlier flounderings, founded strongly in their desire to happily ignore any and everything that is their own shortcomings in addressing player needs.

hzvjpwS.gif

I can't even begin to explain how agitating it was to read your post.

Bad design IS their fault. Whether it's providing a map application like Stev's, or knowing their limitations and working with the modding community to make the experience enjoyable and well-rounded. This is every bit as dumbfounded as making the keys a non-combat interface.

Do they even know about DGSweeper?

And still, there's a major difference between fixing problems in your game and making it work with applications that aren't even encouraged to be used or that many people know about...

I can't even begin to explain how agitating it was to read your post.

Bad design IS their fault. Whether it's failing to provide a map application like Stev's, shoving vital information in hard-to-reach places, or knowing their limitations and working with the modding community to make the experience enjoyable and well-rounded. This is every bit as dumbfounded as their earlier flounderings, founded strongly in their desire to happily ignore any and everything that is their own shortcomings in addressing player needs.

Except it's not their problem or their fault.

It's a long standing fact they do not work with or officially support third-party software. There is no reason at all for their design process to account for third party software.

Yes the prior placement was annoying, but this is a big improvement.

The fact a third-party add-on overlaps it is not their issue to deal with, it's an issue for the add-on which, as people pointed, is one Stev will no doubt fix quite quickly.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I can't even begin to explain how agitating it was to read your post. What a wonderful way to start the day.

I'm going to agree with Jonanananas here. They made it easier to use for normal people to use. They shouldn't go out of their way to make sure that it doesn't conflict with a program that isn't theirs.

I'm going to agree with Jonanananas here. They made it easier to use for normal people to use. They shouldn't go out of their way to make sure that it doesn't conflict with a program that isn't theirs.

You're completely missing the point of why it's an issue.

hzvjpwS.gif

Mind explaining it then? I still don't understand why they should focus an compatibility with an application that, afaik they haven't even mentioned once and possibly don't even know about.

This please. You are getting mad because you have to change the layout of a 3rd party tool? I think? Or maybe you just want *something* to complain about.

Mind explaining it then? I still don't understand why they should focus an compatibility with an application that, afaik they haven't even mentioned once and possibly don't even know about.

This please. You are getting mad because you have to change the layout of a 3rd party tool? I think? Or maybe you just want *something* to complain about.

I think the point is that we shouldn't have to use a 3rd party tool for something that should have been a part of DG from the start.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

I think the point is that we shouldn't have to use a 3rd party tool for something that should have been a part of DG from the start.

But the complaint Kimberly raised specifically associated to this update was Jagex were useless/stupid at designing it because they put the key HUD in a screen area the 3rd party tool currently overlaps. Which is what people are questioning, no-ones really disagreed that DGS does have features Jagex should provide. Only that it's not right to accuse Jagex of being at fault for a 3rd party software overlapping the new HUD.

Plv6Dz6.jpg