Everything posted by archimage_a
-
The Hegemony (12th Feb = 2018, Part 2)
I hate to point out the obvouis...but that much X-Ray radation would steralise your population
-
The Hegemony (12th Feb = 2018, Part 2)
No...if they were always on high alert it would look like they are preparing to invade somewhere
-
The Hegemony (12th Feb = 2018, Part 2)
Ico- I think that I should be able to get free resources out of Abysinia for the next two years and then have to pay for them after that. I think the P-Jet should remain my property until people have researched it for 20 years, or some denomination of that based on united research facilities like SIRO TEMP. When this is complete I will be happy to explain the P-Jet. I think that we shouldn't have an orbital weapon system, simple because people will threaten to use it every five seconds, like when Retech tried to use the UN to stop me because he wasn't getting his own way. I think that the greatest realism should be undertaken. I think Players should be given free reign within their country as long as they operate with some kind of preset limitations, either GDP, Raw Materials or some other system which isn't game breaking. I think UN resolutions should take 1 day to go though, and anyone on the SC can veto the resolution. I think thats it.
-
The Hegemony (12th Feb = 2018, Part 2)
Dusty...how are you collecting taxes if no one has any money...exactly? As I have already stated food is got by trading with someone else in the archology...probably a farmer...Or because society benefits from whatever it is that person does, and since it is all fairly local the farmers know who works and who doesn't.
-
The Hegemony (12th Feb = 2018, Part 2)
All Swiss Citizens are now paid 1 button a day...why they are paid this button no one really knows, since they already get their buttons from well, from making them themselves. The Swiss Government is buying buttons from Liechtenstein in exchange for free electricity. I am so glad that we have that sorted.
-
The Hegemony (12th Feb = 2018, Part 2)
'Illegal' meaning without your authority...like you are building weapons in space without my authority...
-
The Hegemony (12th Feb = 2018, Part 2)
Retech that would be illegal under the UN rules...
-
The Hegemony (12th Feb = 2018, Part 2)
That is in no way covered by the chemical weapons treaty...it would be a completely seperate motion altogether...
-
The Hegemony (12th Feb = 2018, Part 2)
On what grounds are you reinstating the sanctions...Switzerland has made no visible, nor insinuatable, efforts to develop chemical weapons beyond the perview of the treaty it signed with the UN agreeing to develop anti-chemical weapons....and share them with the UN...
-
The Hegemony (12th Feb = 2018, Part 2)
You mean the one that the UN called off..
-
The Hegemony (12th Feb = 2018, Part 2)
You can't pass a sanction till it has been voted on...
-
The Hegemony (12th Feb = 2018, Part 2)
Kk...when the security council has voted we will see what happens.
-
The Hegemony (12th Feb = 2018, Part 2)
If we are talking about installing a new government then I did that quite a while ago...Back before chemical weapons were banned...again...UN forced independance on them, they got accustomed to it but we stayed on friendly terms, I gave them weapons and gold and they started annexing Africa...It also seems like a fairly logical progression to me... I fail to see the relevance of the USSR in this discussion....
-
The Hegemony (12th Feb = 2018, Part 2)
Yup...me playing an extreme right wing nation, clamoring at nationalism and all that obvouisly makes Switzerland Communist... Anyway its been...2 days or something... So thats 3 days left. Doom, its not infinate resources...oddly enough I doubt Abbysinia...or indeed any country...would let another country exploit it for much longer than was neccessary. Just helps get me though this phase of the game until things settle down...if they ever do...if not then another harebrained scheme will doubtlessly rear itself to keep my nation on a par with everyone elses.
-
The Hegemony (12th Feb = 2018, Part 2)
Sigh...you people never heard of a loan agreement? Can I just enter a co-prosperity sphere...like Retech did in Asia... ? I have been trading for a few days now...
-
The Hegemony (12th Feb = 2018, Part 2)
Which you get for free from a trade agreement you made with yourself. Actually I get them in exchange foe 400 tonnes of Gold...so its not really free as such...
-
The Hegemony (12th Feb = 2018, Part 2)
Not really...since I still have the limits of raw materials... Retech the whole thing is confusing because you are trying to steal my technology because you want it, distorting the game rules to allow it, so I am distorting the game rules some more to stop you, which is confusing the hell out of everyone. Hopefully it won't carry on and won't crash and burn like the last hegemony.
-
The Hegemony (12th Feb = 2018, Part 2)
Meh, well if you want to try to screw up my country then go for it. I will make perfectly sure to increase my GDP by some ridiculous amount and then carry on anyway, screwing the game up but descrewing my country.
-
The Hegemony (12th Feb = 2018, Part 2)
Wonderful....So I don't have to use the system I just have to use the system. Common sense fail...
-
The Hegemony (12th Feb = 2018, Part 2)
I think it does...Retech...
-
The Hegemony (12th Feb = 2018, Part 2)
Oh, is that all? I can do that fairly easily. Oddly enough not paying people doesn't remove the need for raw materials.
-
The Hegemony (12th Feb = 2018, Part 2)
If I must then I must... I vote against controlling other people's countries.
-
The Hegemony (12th Feb = 2018, Part 2)
Isn't that how we play this game...we use all the benefits and ignore all the failings of a system...
-
The Hegemony (12th Feb = 2018, Part 2)
Not really...since I abandoned economics a while ago... and GDP is defunct in my opinion... For me its getting 5 teams of ten people together who have experiance in P-Jets...Which is fairly easy, and resources, which is also fairly easy, given my trade agreements with Abbysinia. Mather...so basically you want to invent something which is completely pointless. I am gonna say I am against that because then it magically changes into something which does have a point.
-
The Hegemony (12th Feb = 2018, Part 2)
Well basically it can be highly abused...for example: I put my research team in the air plane and send them hurtling around space for six months...at the end 20 years has passed for them and I have developed new uber tech. OR I accelerate time in Switzerland/wherever and my GDP is now 7 quadtrillion and my population is even larger. Also I have a million uber weapons.