Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

archimage_a

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by archimage_a

  1. Sigh Retech, that just leads to money being devalued or run away growth after a month or so...
  2. Can we just simplify economics...somehow?
  3. Probably not. I am seriously annoyed with the caviler attitude of people on Hegemony and don't feel particualarly tolerant. And given the need to be tolerant when Gming this game its probably not a good idea.
  4. Just remember to send the details of them to Sere, Doom.
  5. Its barely based on aviation laws, and the engineering uses different technology to anything your engineers would be used to using.
  6. Lol, Ico, if you shoot down one of my jets I will be seriously annoyed with you, though I agree it would be much easier to work out what was going on.
  7. Retech, I don't know what I can really say... Switzerland has numerous advantages in building the P-Jet....In a similar way to how Germany had numerous advantages in building the rocket and the USA had numerous advantages in building the Atom bomb.
  8. Good old logic there... A native American sees a gun in 1200 AD and, by working with an African tribesman, develops a gun six months later.
  9. Yup. Go make a perpetual motion machine, oh look its made. Doesn't matter that I have no idea how its made, it is made and now I have unlimited power forever. Oh I feel like I want a gas that kills all humans except ones that think I am awesome. Bam, its done and I am supreme ruler of Earth. The whole point of using wikipedia is to go from relatively established concepts so that other people can check our technology and make sure we are not abusing its power. Just inventing stuff off the top of our heads makes the game impossible to play because only we know and can work out the limits of our technology. And retech, if you spent 20 years developing it then I would send you the figures....
  10. Retech...simply because here is a feasible, calculated technology which has preset limits. Its not like I just said 'I am building a super aircraft and that is that.' I actually worked out the limits and have told Sere the limits as well as sent all the calculations I have done to him, so if I suddenly declare that one of the P-Jets has arrived at Alpha Centari he can look at the figures and go 'ummm no.' People doing what you are doing and just automagically creating technology with no understanding of how it works screwed the game up last time because people were just declaring uber weapons.
  11. Except that your country doesn't work like that... So going from the price I established when I was using money 5,094,339,623 Dollars... Assuming you magically know how to make them, of course.
  12. Lol, economists high tail it out of the SSR when the SSR starts giving away free multi billion dollar aircraft. The SSR collapses and all the high techn industries come back to Switzerland.
  13. Sigh. I really don't know why I bother. As soon as someone develops a P-Jet let me know, until then P-Jets are distinctively mine and will be ignored if used.
  14. Sigh...Dusty...you were the one who said we shouldn't be controlling other people's countries. So no. To be honest any technology that is developed by this ridiculous method of 'he has it and I want it so I have it' will just provoke me to develop technology that is the same factor better than your technology because common sense dicatates that the laws of relatity would increase the efficency of my engines by the same factor as they have increased yours....
  15. For the love of God Retech! I have no problem with you developing the same technology, at the same time scale...you build all the facilities that Switzerland had, as well as training up all the personal and writing out the concept and fine... Until then you cannot just steal my technology because you want it.
  16. Sigh, Retech, I am not going to tell you how I did it, but suffice to say that I can do it. There is obvouisly a fuel limit and hence why I have a spread sheet of calculations, so I know the limits... Sufficing to say that by using technology which does not currently exist in a form that can be easily utilised, and by using game mechanics to refine that technology into something which can easily be utilised I am using a technology which is otherwise not avalible to anyone else. Sufficing to say that I have developed technology which I am not using. Also, Doom....The Nazis built, tested and deployed rockets jets in only a few years... Just because America took tens of years to develop an air craft doesn't mean all weapons take years to develop...
  17. Sigh...I mean I know how the plane works... there were something like 2 years of development.
  18. Sigh. Assuming that fuel is plentiful this is not a problem. The main two issues to overcome are gravity and air pressure. Which amount to 70 Newtons/Second. Or not... Because I am skipping the years of development because I know how to do it.... Anyway. The plane works in a largely conventional manner...That is it takes off horizontally, and goes up at an angle, using wings to generate lift, as well as gradually rotating the P-Jet on a Harrier Jump Jet style launch to counteract the lessening lift as the density of air decreases. Once the air density is small enough the P-Jet carries on vertically or semi-vertically depending on the pilot's preferences... Once it is orbit it just flies according to Newtonian Physics... An object that is in motion remains in motion until forces act to stop it.
  19. Sigh...Retech... It has the potential to not fly into orbit, it can function anywhere inbetween here and space, since it is not based on the principle of lift, though it certainly takes advantage of it when it can. It also has the ability to reach orbit, from the ground, up to five times... As agreed with Sere. Also noting that it would depend on the construction of the bomb dropped from orbit, and the fact that it would proably not go into orbit, since it would probably not be moving forwards at the time, and thus would not have the momentum to go into orbit. Ps. This is not a picture of the plane.
  20. I am pretty sure it is not a rocket...in the sense that it uses a chemical propellant. The fuel is relatively cheap, and the electicity I have on demand, storage of electricity is probably the most limiting part of the project, though I am working to overcome that. And it is more of a large Multi-Purpose Plane. Large enough to carry bombs or passangers or cargo, and manueverable enough to play a role as a limited fighter, though, if I am honest, it is not designed to engage other aircraft...Since I am not expecting aircraft to be numerous in orbit... ...I am not allowed to post pictures because Sere says they inspire people to get carried away... <_<
  21. Retech: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Shuttle Its a plane...that goes into orbit...All I have done is replaced the massive solid state thrusters with a P-Jet...(And obvouisly changed the design a bit because the US Space Shuttle technical drawings are not exactly common knowladge...and obvouisly because it doesn't need the same configeration since the massive engines and such can be converted. )
  22. Retech....no. Thats like saying 'That man has a gun.' I want a gun, therefore I have a gun. Anyway make sure you tell Sere what your method is so that he can make sure it isn't impossible.
  23. Grim, you may well have...but unless you have reported to Sere, as I have, then your gains are purely speculatively until you actually prove that you have done something...Also its not particually good gameplay to have developed space rockets which have gone into orbit which no one notices...
  24. Its an orbital refueling station... It could be used to refuel a weapon...yes... Maybe I should blow up all the gas stations in Europe, just incase on of them is used to refuel a weapon that is used against me. :rolleyes:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.