Everything posted by fastortoise
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
The New World Council meeting has been postponed to 5PM EST since my scientists needed me to complete their latest project (twice as good as the AIDS vaccine!). I ask every new world leader to attend, we are going to be dealing with very important matters to secure our new order's future. So, in 3 hours and 10 minutes from this post I ask everyone to meet your new world leader in New York City, the new capital of the world. Evil_mummm, the new ruler of the USA, assures us there will be no terrorist attacks that could cause us harm. The meeting will go on until 24 hours after it started, and there will be no war during this time. See you then.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
My scientists have been following you with your bandanna laws and your search for Atlantis and I must say, things are not looking well. Either smarten up as a ruler or be the first to be crushed by my powerful DeathRay. Your citizens mock you and it is tarnishing the New Order's reputation - perhaps members of the Council will straighten you out before I get trigger happy. As my last post for tonight: I am allowing the further expansion of SAR as long as they are not overthrowing countries. If people think SAR is appealing, they have the right to chose the few remaining countries and assimilate themselves into the alliance. However, all SAR leaders will have to cooperate fully - and that may lead to some interesting situations :) My top scientists have been working on a top-secret project for the past few months and it is nearing completion. Perhaps I shall reveal some key details at the first New World Order meeting next year (real time: my tomorrow morning, or in 6 hours from this post) in New York, the newly appointed Capital of the World. I have a liking in how the USA's new leader is running things, and I trust he will not murder the members of this council when we assemble to discuss world matters (which will start 6 hours from this post and continue until the next day). There is to be no wars during this special day, where members of the council will decide the laws of this new world. I have already set some basic rules, but only you can fine tune them. If you wish to actively partake in governing this new world, make sure your voice will be heard. DEAR LORD! I just noticed a huge [bleep]ed tail take out part of the Genetics laboratory near my office!! ... I must go detain... nothing...nevermind. See you at the meeting.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
All three of you, your combined territory ends south of Venezuela and Columbia for the time being. You already average 2+ countries each, slow it down a bit. Indy: Thanks for understanding. I want each tip.it'er to have a chance joining our NWO council. As for space travel - my scientists have already sent our beloved monkey Bananas on a mission to find a new habitable planet. I'd love to fund your Norwegian space program, but I do not want to play favourites here. I'm already supplying your country with free AIDs vaccines under the pretext that you help them get some to underdeveloped countries after all. Yes you may make multiple alliances, try keeping it down to 'teams of three'. Since I have imposed anti-conquering laws for the time being, I guess you guys deserve the advantage of making early alliances. This will be my last rule-claryfying post for awhile, so please play nice while your New World Leader is away discussing things with his fellow scientists :)
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
I may have singled out the wrong person indeed, and for that I am sorry (hands indy a handful of AIDs vaccines). I'm just trying to avoid people going on a spree and deciding to conquer countries that may or may not be occupied sooner or later, which is what I assumed you were doing with the Scandinavian countries. The only reason why I am lenient with Lent and Doomsayer (although I have warned them not to go overboard) is because even combined, all of South America makes less than most Northern countries. I just want to slow things down a little, which is why I have ordered the SAR campaign to halt it's expansion at Colombia and Venezuela. For the time being, Rocco will only occupy Libya and Egypt in hopes that another brave leader will step in with plans for helping African countries. Please avoid any sort of expansion until a few more days, when everyone will have a chance to play an equal part in the new world. Thanks :D PS: sorry about my assumption Doom :lol:
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
No, see, this is exactly what I don't want to happen. Let this be a general rule : If you would expect a tip.it'er in off-topic to live in a country you would like to conquer, please wait until they had their chance to claim it. The only reason why I am letting Lent and Doom take over South America is because I do not expect anyone to come into this thread and whine that they didn't have their chance to claim Peru, Paraguay or Bolivia. That being said, if anyone is from Peru or Bolivia wishes to rule their homeland, I would have to force Lent and Doom to make them their ally. I want more posts like Doom's, which do not alter his power or his territory size but instead gives me insight on how he's running things. If all you care about is taking over countries, I can appoint another tip.it'er to run things for you : TL;DR - MORE POSTS LIKE EVIL_MUMM AND DOOM+LENT LESS POSTS ABOUT CRAZY ALLIANCES OR CONQUERING CAMPAIGNS PLEASE.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Since I decided awhile ago to make up the rules as we go along, here are the new 'rules': No player may expand his power by conquering another (occupied or not) country without an ally of a well established nation. So, for example, Lionheart cannot simply say "Canada surprise-invades the US and overthrows evil-mumm-ra" unless he goes in with Mexico or South America, for example. However, I am lenient with some circumstances: I will not frown upon Roccodog conquering an African country every few days since they are poorer countries. He is however responsible for making it a better place for all it's citizens! I also encourage grouping certain countries together, to avoid technicalities and to make this 'game' progress longer. Some countries just aren't desireable as others, which is why rulers of poorer countries will generally have more countries and territory than rulers of already well established countries. Many have probably noticed I did not object to Blackdawn, Sue and Racheya's rule over the UK - this is actually the type of thing I want to see (also take Lent & Doom's reign). I would like to stress regular posters to slow down a bit, and let others partake in their new world plans. It would be unfair to simply let avid posters take over land while others are away from their computers. Atleast let everyone pick their own country, then you can start harseling them. Then I will impose a 1day=1year type rule Adrenal suggested earlier. You can of course post your hearts out, discussing fair trade with other nations, but avoid posting storyline changing moments everyday is what i'm trying to get across.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Please, I have watched enough cartoons to know you will stuff it with active grenades. No, instead, I will settle for the original Rosetta Stone (let's assume you own it). I will also pay your Suez fee whenever I do business with you. If you accept: enjoy your AIDS-free country.
-
Reading
- Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Doom: keep up the good work Lent: I will not stand in your way of creating a united South America. Be warned, however, that if your plans for power become more important than your want for making a utopia for your people, I will break out my death-ray-satellite. For you devious efforts I award your citizens access to my AIDs vaccines, for a small price. Rocco: I pass where I want, when I want. Send me Pyramid Giza and I will give you access to our vaccines. I find it interesting that although vaccines for AIDS are ready to be exported to African countries, nobody wishes to fund them. Only Lent put out his neck for them, while everyone else used their countries' budget on an army during these peaceful times :cry: . That is why I have given him leeway in taking over South America with Doomsayer - prove to me you can be a good leader and you'll have more power. I am waiting for everyone to claim atleast the majority of the world's countries before I start posting plot-twisting changes. Expect a surprise in the world's scientific community within the next 2 days. EQUALLY IMPORTANT: Only the scientists in Hawaii have access nuclear warheads. All those existing before the Peace Treaty have been successfully destroyed. So, if you wish to wage war on another country, you are only allowed to use your own citizens in fights - NO NUKES. Only my head (mad) scientist Lenin has power over nuclear warheads, which probably wasn't a wise decision on my part. All country leaders who directed military funds to environmental conservation have been granted a special vacation home in Greece. Enjoy- Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Good man. Sadly the vaccines are readily available for mass production, but all military funds that were supposed to be redirected to me ended up... going back into the military. My scientists just need enough funds to create the vaccines, but where will we get the money?- The Running Thread
I know I'm disrupting a good running conversation, but I am very proud of myself right now. At the beginning of June, when I started going to the gym, I could only run/jog for around 8 minutes. A month later, I was able to jog for 20 mins. Now, near the end of July (2 months after going to the gym), I can SPRINT for a full 10 minutes. I just set the treadmill to max and run til I can't stop. I can feel my lungs are a lot bigger now, and my legs are becoming nice and strong (not from running but from hack squats and other weightlifting machines). I don't know how long I can job for, since I only have around an hour and a half of training time at the gym and I need to work out my arms too :lol: AAaaahhhh it feels good to be healthy. :thumbsup:- Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Providing my scientists with maple syrup is obviously of utmost importance, so I accept. You have rights to produce vaccines for your citizens alone, and I will lift the vaccine tax off Canada as well. I'll make sure we don't fire nukes over your country, although it is known that our Deathray satellite misses it's target once in awhile. But please do not deforest Canada anymore - we need all those pines for decorative Christmas trees.- Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
After a long discussion with the scientists on my island about the increasing military forces in this peaceful New World, we have decided to create more nuclear warheads (all destroyed after the Signing). Although we have faith in tip.it'ers to run their nations peacefully, some have dangerously large armies and militias. Although it is against the new laws, we will use these nukes (which will indefinitely belong to the creator of the thread) to threaten countries who do not play nicely with others. Secondly, we would like to announce our first scientific breakthrough - a vaccine for both AIDs and malaria. This will wipe out all major disease in Africa, yet I need to tax all powerful countries if we are going to mass produce these things. I have also hired architect Koyo Ito to redesign the islands of Hawaii, now with more laboratories per square kilometer than anywhere else in the world. As for the revolution: too many tip.it'ers enjoy creating their own utopia and do not want to see their nations crumble during another revolution. Since they knew much information about the anarchists, they were quickly put out of commission. IMPORTANT: Only the people who actually posted a plan for their desired country actually rule over it. The first poster who actually owned a country would thus be evil_mumm_ra. These people cannot be easily overthrown; you need to post an ever better plan for the country if you wish to be promoted ruler of it. All those who only 'called' countries can be overthrown by anyone with a solid plan. Don't forget - if you leaders bicker constantly over technicalities, I have my destroy-country button in my back pocket. 8-)- Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
You sorta have to give me a run-down of your plans before I can appoint you the head of the country of your choice. So by posting, we should get an idea about your stance in politics, your favourite country, and your main values. Perhaps you will legalize certain substances, promote the four work day week, or force everyone to build pyramids for you?- Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Hegemony: leadership or predominant influence exercised by one nation over others, as in a confederation. Well tip.it, as you have probably heard on the news, I successfully pushed leaders from the most powerful countries to sign the World Peace treaty. With the full cooperation of each nation, the world military has been obliterated and all funds have been redirected to me - the New World leader. I've always dreamed of having full power over the world, yet I simply cannot handle all this responsibility. That is why I assimilated all Tip.it'ers into my new world council. To you I give full power over the nation of your choice, in order to exercise your values over millions of people. I will not judge your choice of politics, yet you are responsible for making the country of your choice a better place. First come first serve, so place your dibs now! I personally will be stationed in Hawaii, which I have appointed to be the science capital of the world. Here I will hire all top minds of the world to research important scientific fields - namely space colonization and human engineering. I have segregated my tiny islands from the rest of the US, so it is still up for grabs for anyone who wants to rule it. So go ahead tip.it, let's hear your plans for ruling the world. If somebody doesn't seem fit to run the country you would have liked to rule, overthrowing them is always a possibility 8-) Play nice! EDIT: Here are the new world laws, to be enforced by the members of the Council (everybody!) -Play realistically within the 1 day = 1 year ratio -No nukes whatsoever -You can make or join an alliance, but your alliances rules only apply for the members in your alliance. -No extreme acts of war without retort. The country receiving the blow must retaliate. -Your troop number cannot exceed your population. Your population must also be sensible and take the size of the land you own into consideration (I will not accept new countries having populations of 1 billion.) -You may as of now expand your nations. However, taking over a country will take ATLEAST 3 days (if it is unpopulated) and potentially weeks if the other player retorts. -Take into account troop movement time. Even though airplanes and cars exist it still takes awhile to GET to a country, which a lot of people have ignored. -Crazy scientific advancements are to be shared with the entire world. Nobody has to right to discover energy-efficient cars and manufacture them exclusively. -If a player quits or becomes inactive, his country disappears. I know many will oppose this law, but I assure you it is the best way. -If a new player wishes to join, he has full right to take the country of his choice as long as nobody already chose it as their 'capital'. That means that even though you only have 2 countries and your 2nd is equally important as the one you chose, you'd still have to concede him your country (but he still cannot take the one you initially chose).- A little bit of Australia.
I agree 100% with what Dave has been posting. The underlying cause of Aboriginals not wanting jobs is because they hate Western culture. No matter how much anybody will try helping them integrate into society, parents will still tell their children how their ancestors were killed and robbed by white men. As for the 200 year get-over-it period: My grandfather and his neighbour had a huge fight back in the early 1900s. The neighbours son later became a judge and started picking on my dad for stupid reasons. One day they all made up, yet my brother and I still avoid the neighbours grandchildren when we visit, and I'm sure my children will avoid their children after I tell them the story. It's stupid, and hard to solve.- A little bit of Australia.
If you don't want to blame invading white people for current lazyness of aboriginals - okay. But I do not believe aboriginals simply chose not to work. There must be a problem trying to integrate themselves into the system, so they have trouble getting regular jobs. Thinking an entire [bleep]ing generation chooses to [bleep] and moan and waste their lives is so ignorant I feel like :wall: . If they were presented the opportunity to work hard to support their family, i'm confident to say they would. You guys, however, think they'd rather sit back and do drugs. Off to work, back in 9 hours :wall:- A little bit of Australia.
You guys make it sound like they live like kings. "Omg they get so much free money every week because they are aboriginals its so unfair durf durf durf". Do you honestly think these people enjoy their lives? I'm sure they consider themselves failures every morning, responsible for losing thousands of years of aboriginal history. I mean, if they did enjoy their lives, why would they be sniffing gasoline, drinking alcohol and smoking weed? White people came in and essentially had a mass genocide century against the aboriginals. Another few centuries later, every white person is whining because aboriginals have not met the standards of their society yet. However, they never has any established businesses or anything that has any worth in todays society. All they had was their land, and now it's gone. When you chop off a dog's leg, do you also whine when it has trouble walking? It must be a useless dog if it hasn't grown back yet...- Today...
Today on my way to work I discovered a Technopark, where a bunch of high-end technology companies (pharma and telecom) group together and promote scientific advancement. The campus is incredibly beautiful, and that's from what I saw from the side of the road. A quick google search later, it turns out it's the most powerful technology-related place in Canada - and it's right in my backyard. Since I want a job related to what a lot of these companies research, this discovery was pretty important. The bad part is, my best friend drives past there every day and never once mentioned it to me, a guy who's heavily interested in genetics and pharmaceuticals. :wall:- Worst Trouble You've Gotten In With Your Parents?
I told my dad to [bleep] off 3 years ago. I think I was studying for an exam (which is when I think of myself as super-important) and he was harselling me, demanding that I give my Starcraft CD to his colleagues kid. After telling him for the fourth time that I still play, I swore at him and he didn't speak or cook for me for a good month. He came back to normal when my mom told him he really should have [bleep]ed off, and that I just expressed my emotions a bit too harshly. mymom- What's your RL fighting style?
If my friends get into fights with me, it's because we're both drunk. The winner is always whoever is the least drunk, and the loser never gets too badly hurt - most of us fall over easily and just stay down. So, i'd class my fighting technique as Random Flailing.- Things that used to scare you as a kid (Pics!)
Above anything else: I had to leave the room and ask my older brother to beat him for me it was so bad.- Things that used to scare you as a kid (Pics!)
Until I actually saw it:- American Propaganda Commerical Bashes Canadian Government
The main problem is that doctors will only go to Private companies for employment. The government pays for their education (around 100,000$ CAD for a general doc) and they go off either to private Canadian companies or to the US. It creates a huge money deficit and a shortage of general doctors, because specialists in Canada are still relatively well payed.- Nightmares.
I remember quite a few dreams where I was chased by a murderer. The worst part of those dreams is I always end up running way ahead of them or successfully hide in a closet/abandoned house, I feel momentarily safe but still have that lingering feeling that I'm going to die. I then look for things to kill myself with to relieve my anxiety, which is around the time they turn up and stab me to death. I hate that I look for ways to kill myself in those situations just so I won't be chased anymore. - Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.