Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

fastortoise

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by fastortoise

  1. fastortoise replied to nerdattack16's topic in Off-Topic
    I'm starting to cook seriously, as in preparing my own meals. My dad is retired and my mom is always with her friends, and since my brother moved out I've had to fend for myself. I can only make basic stuff, but I'm learning a lot of basic techniques (chopping/slicing fast for salads and pretty much acquiring a 6th sense for knowing when things are "done"). I want to start cooking complicated dishes, but I have to convince my parents to buy the necessary groceries : . I'm sure the second I start cooking for them, they'll buy whatever I'll put on a list. I have this killer recipe for smoked trout on the bbq. It involves cooking it on a cedar plank so that when the wood burns, it's like I have my own mini-smokehouse. And trout doesn't have that fishy aftertaste which puts most people off any type of fish. PS: I lied when I said it was because I've had to cook for myself that I started cooking seriously. I lived on Cheerios for a solid year before I started making hot meals for myself. No, it's because of the show Dexter, mainly the elderly character that dates Dexter's sister. He gets laid the SECOND she finishes eating her meal (or was it before he even served her?) - I want to be this guy and cook like this at a very young age.
  2. I've used these crazy hightech scales that send an electric current through your body and calculates stuff like that for you. You have to be bare feet to use it, but I doubt it's accurate. I've been really cut since the beginning of the summer, but I doubt HALF my body weight is pure muscle :lol: The classic method requires measuring your body at like 10 different spots, and doing crazy calculations &t.
  3. Infected Mushroom friday was [bleep]ing insane. I wasn't expecting much, and it was pretty boring at first since all my friends were just chilling nowhere near the crowd. But the music called me into the crowd so after a few insults to my lame buddies I grabbed my (lady) dancing friends and penetrated inside the crowd, which was about the time when the night started becoming blurry. I think I was groped by both men and women in there, and I didn't care the slightest bit. Great concert. And I was supposed to go see Coldplay Saturday night but my legs were killing me and I didn't feel like paying the 150$ for a 1h show that probably wouldn't be good compared to the (free) Infected Mushroom concert. So I sold my ticket to my eager friends little sister who thanked me tonight and said it was great, but she's a 16 year old girl... of course she was going to enjoy a Coldplay concert :lol:
  4. Mmmmmm, I dunno... I'd only buy skates at a store. It's like buying a house or something, you have to test it out and know it's feel before laying down the money, which you can't do online. I don't have that problem, my sponsored friends give me their old skates for free :thumbsup:
  5. Hahaha, my brother is able to, too. Whenever he offers ANYBODY a popsicle he gets a sly smile as if he's really enjoying himself and goes: "Does anybody want a popssssicle?" With the whistle and everything... gets me everytime (even just thinking about it makes me smile). EDIT: I forgot to mention, I can do Marvin the Martian really well. "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" or "OOOOO!, That makes me VERY angry!". I also take pride in imitating Toad's voice, but I take it to an extreme when I play Nintendo games with my friends.
  6. I agree with Kreig. I think you got really pumped for going into the Corps and you were completely deflated when you were denied because of something so stupid. Get the wavier ASAP and go torture yourself for a couple of months. I don't think anything else will help you get out of your rut, and that's because you know joining the Marines is the best (maybe only) way you're going to really change your life. Joining the Marines is like older people going back to college. It's appealing not particularly because you earn a title or get extra opportunities in life, but because you're surrounded by likeminded people. It's these people that'll change you, and depending on who you decide to hang with, it'll be for better or for worse. And if you can't join the Corps, will your warrant thing let you join other military forces? And would you be willing to join?
  7. fastortoise replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    Raining :cry: Time to crack open the scientific papers! The genetics of sporulation... cool 8-)
  8. Maybe you're destined to not do anything too exciting with your life. Some people would love to have a simple life... take me for example. It's going to be a [bleep] taking over the world, and a lot of people will make my life miserable just for trying.
  9. In all honestly, when i'm scoping out bars, i'm looking for tall blonds.... Also girls with short hair and big bambie eyes, I could kill for one of them.
  10. fastortoise replied to a post in a topic in Off-Topic
    Recently watched this movie again: "That's a great plan, Walter. That's [bleep]ing ingenious, if I understand it correctly. It's a Swiss [bleep]ing watch. " EDIT: OR when the policeman throws a coffee mug at the dude's head (hahahaha): "OW! [bleep]ing fascist!!"
  11. fastortoise replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    I have a pretty big hangover and my neighbour is cutting tiles outside my house for some reason. God I feel like shooting myself. I woke up alone too, which equally sucks.
  12. My plan is to apply to all top Universities in Montreal in biochemistry/biology and go to the one that offers me the most money. Yes, they will pay me to study at their university (I'm not kidding).
  13. fastortoise replied to a post in a topic in Off-Topic
    I have a nice buttocks :thumbup:
  14. Don't they pretty much last forever? If they're only going to sell it to you once, they'd better make a substantial profit :lol:
  15. They know how to play with the media and that's what made them change the face of music. It wasn't really the music itself, more of how they knew how to appeal to the masses. I'm not sure where you get that they were bad Live, since they're mostly regarded as the best live band in history. They pretty much spent their entire youth practicing playing live, and they definitely had the showmanship.
  16. Heh, I'm going to see them live this Friday. I personally don't enjoy the band or the genre at all, but all my friends have made it a big deal and have prepared a 'special' pre-party which will make me enjoy this type of music.
  17. There's something about the Deltron 3030 album that activates my brain. Normally I can't study scientific papers with headphones on, but I tried tonight (inspired by this thread) and I just successfully finished reading a 40 page scientific paper. I have an abnormally complete understanding of it too, which never happens when I listen to music as I study. I think it's his flow that does it.. pretty incredible stuff
  18. Del is [bleep] awesome. I just havent listened to one album enough for it to be on here. I dont really like Qotsa and I havent had any time to get At-the-drive-in. I'd recommend (for Del) listening to Deltron 3030 first. It was produced by Dan the Automator... that alone forces you to listen to the album. That and Kid Koala did the beats :thumbsup: You're in for a wild night, man.
  19. no Del? near perfect Rap album choices. Not too sure about cypress... they're meh. Also, no Queens of the stone age or At-the-drive-in? What's wrong with you
  20. Since it seems as though nobody wants to discuss boring old rules anymore, here is what your Leader has decided of the new laws (most taken from Roccodog25, since hardly anyone contributed): -Play realistically within the 1 day = 1 year ratio -No nukes whatsoever -You can make or join an alliance, but your alliances rules only apply for the members in your alliance. -No extreme acts of war without retort. The country receiving the blow must retaliate. -Your troop number cannot exceed your population. Your population must also be sensible and take the size of the land you own into consideration (I will not accept new countries having populations of 1 billion.) -You may as of now expand your nations. However, taking over a country will take ATLEAST 3 days (if it is unpopulated) and potentially weeks if the other player retorts. -Take into account troop movement time. Even though airplanes and cars exist it still takes awhile to GET to a country, which a lot of people have ignored. -Crazy scientific advancements are to be shared with the entire world. Nobody has to right to discover energy-efficient cars and manufacture them exclusively. -If a player quits or becomes inactive, his country disappears. I know many will oppose this law, but I assure you it is the best way. -If a new player wishes to join, he has full right to take the country of his choice as long as nobody already chose it as their 'capital'. That means that even though you only have 2 countries and your 2nd is equally important as the one you chose, you'd still have to concede him your country (but he still cannot take the one you initially chose). I'm glad I was able to set these laws for you guys before I unleash my new experiment on the world. I am tired of all these military alliances and treaties, which is why I resuscitated dinosaurs using fossil DNA. The range of my army is large, and many will crumble under their powerful bodies. I... what the hell? What are they doing so close to my mansion? .. .. OH [cabbage]! It looks like my time is limited on this planet, guys. Before this T-Rex finds me and bites my head off, I will immediately bring down my DeathRay satellites and crash them into Hawaii. I do not want these dinosaurs to be under anyone else's power, so I will make sure this forsaken island is permanently destro--...*gushing of blood*
  21. Well since I am urging everyone of the Council to be as realistic as possible, I guess I'd be better off announcing our new experiment some other time. I don't know what you're getting at, rocco. I'm letting everyone decide the laws which will govern the new world, they aren't my creation. Once we decide which laws we prefer, people who do not follow them (conquer Europe in a day or lose oil dependency in two) will be punished. I am definitely anti-war, but if we decide that there will be war, I will not employ my DeathRays when a more powerful nation takes over another, as long as it's done realistically. Hopefully that cleared things up. I will need more opinions, especially those posted by Rocco (with his 7 or so new points). All are taken into consideration, do not fret. And Lent, yes.
  22. fastortoise replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    Hey man, I know this may sound crazy, but I wasn't able to go to sleep last night either. And when I mentioned it to my parents, they said they couldn't either. Two of the three friends I asked couldn't either. Something strange is going on in our area :?
  23. Careful people... nothing I have posted in this meeting has been directed toward any specific ruler (well, except for RPG). The things I have mentioned are to be found in many rulers, not just a few. I think the best idea for the fate of countries which the ruler becomes inactive is that the country simply disappears. It would avoid any confusion and technicalities that I do not want to get into. If the poster comes back, his country reappears, but with no considerable advantages as it had when the poster left. Roccodog25: my finger is hovering over the big red button... watch yourself! In other words, I have and always will have supreme power over the world. I have given you full independence as long as you play nicely with everyone else, with the laws we all collectively agreed to. My DeathRays are placed in case somebody thinks they are above these laws.
  24. Welcome comrades. I hope you are all rejoicing over your new powers, and are having fun governing the countries that make up this world. After signing the NWO peace treaty, I assembled you guys because I needed help governing the world. I granted you each the country of your choice - some demanded more, and I was fairly lenient with this. However, I feel like the New World is under a power struggle between the same people I assembled to lead a peaceful world. My council apparently prefers spending their country's profit on a military force, even though all leader are friends. It's also strange that the vast majority of Uranium is being spent on nuclear submarines instead of on medical drugs, which are at a very short supply nowadays. And, although vaccines for AIDs and Malaria are available to be bought and donated to third world countries, nobody seems altruistic enough to do so. I am very disappointed with this new world we have created. You rulers rather form useless alliances between each other instead of properly governing their nations. Hardly anyone is supplying me with any valid feedback from their new countries (do you expect me to believe your country is running solely on solar power after only 2 years of work?) For your lack of truthfulness, you shall feel the power of my scientists' new experiment. I will decide whether or not to carry out these (very evil) plans after this meeting, if you new rulers prove to be fit in leading this new world. Now that I got that out of the way, we have things to discuss. I am still unsure about which laws I should impose, and you will help me decide. First, should there be war... at all? I am wondering if I should create a new law stating that all peaceful countries (with no military force whatsoever) cannot be taken over. Therefore rulers of these peaceful countries will have the infinite protection of my DeathRay satellites incase anybody tries breaking these laws, but they cannot expand their nation since they have no military. Second, how fast should taking over countries take? If I take RPG for example, who took over 2 random countries in a row in under a year. This does not seem possible whatsoever, because wars usually take atleast over 5 years before some sort of conclusion is drawn. Third, I am wondering when to lift the "1 country per person until everyone has had their chance to claim one" law. There are still many countries left, but I am leaning towards the possibility of giving all left-over countries to the surrounding allies (so, if any European countries are left when I lift the law, they will go to NOPEC). sounds good? Fourth, what happens to countries which the ruler becomes inactive? I'm still not sure. After I set these laws in stone, it will be up to the rulers to enforce them on other rulers. The "NO NUKES" law is working well because it would be unfair for any country to have some, and so rulers have made sure to enforce this law on anybody who did not read it. I am hoping all laws will work this way. Discuss.
  25. Fear not, the meeting will last until Tuesday 5PM EST to make sure everyone gets a chance to attend.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.