8k Fire Strikes or 22k Wind Strikes?

Captainkidd

I am getting 55 magic on my pure. I am very cheap (Henses the strikes) I was going to use wind strikes but that would take 22k and cost 440k, I found out if I use fire strikes it would we only a little more (70k or so) and ALOT less strikes.

My question is, how long would it take (in hours) to do 22k strikes then 8k stirkes.

Also if the wind strikes can be used in 25 hours then I want to know, how many lessers would I kill with 22k strikes? I am using lessers because they drop rune meds that might...might pay off some of the 440k-510k cost to get 55 magic. So could I possibly get 40 rune meds in that time or will it just be 0-2?

just do 8k firestrikes

if you can pick up 16k airs at 20 ea and 8k minds at 20 ea, that'll be 480k

if you just buy 22k minds at 20 ea, that's 440k

it's a 40k difference for saving almost 3 times as much time

if you can pick up airs at 10-15 ea, then you'll even be saving coins x_x

not to mention you get exp per damage too

I know the 60k is saving me 3 times as much time but If the 8k strikes only last me 5 hours I have the rest of the 20 hours doing nothing, I'd rather save the 60k and have somthing to do all 25 hours.

I just need to know how long 22k strikes and 8k strikes (in hours) So I pick the one closest to 25 hours but not over.

I know the 60k is saving me 3 times as much time but If the 8k strikes only last me 5 hours I have the rest of the 20 hours doing nothing, I'd rather save the 60k and have somthing to do all 25 hours.

I just need to know how long 22k strikes and 8k strikes (in hours) So I pick the one closest to 25 hours but not over.

Well, If 8k Fire Strikes will take you 5 hours, then 22k will take you roughly 13 Hours, 10 Minutes. You would have 8 Extra hours that could be used:

a.) Training Combat

b.) Merchanting

c.) Having Real Life

d.) Another Non-Combat skill.

Take a second to think about that.

~~Let The Dragon ride again, on the winds of time~~

dragonrebornkr1.jpg

I've always felt as if I'm the only person who can understand the concept of sarcasm on the internet.

Well, If 8k Fire Strikes will take you 5 hours, then 22k will take you roughly 13 Hours, 10 Minutes. You would have 8 Extra hours that could be used:

a.) Training Combat

b.) Merchanting

c.) Having Real Life

d.) Another Non-Combat skill.

Take a second to think about that.

Exactly, plus you can probably get airs for less than 20 ea, thus spending less money on the fire strikes.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

Hmm, 8 hour to do what I want, so very tempting....I'll train range ::'

Go for it. Ranging is tedious and boring though. I would suggest training a fun and interesting skill such as slayer.

~~Let The Dragon ride again, on the winds of time~~

dragonrebornkr1.jpg

I've always felt as if I'm the only person who can understand the concept of sarcasm on the internet.

Earth strikes would also be worth a look, using only 1 air instead of the two for fire strikes - I don't like them, as I craft that airs and minds, and would rather get the most power from each mind.

A side bonus of earth strikes, is that by carrying waters and bodies, you can also curse the target, potentially giving more hit based XP, takedowns and drops for the same amount of strikes. Actually, I'd suggest taking around 1 curse per 20 strikes, even for fire.

What I did when I first made my pure is take 10k with me to the Zammy Mage in the wild and started buying air and mind runes. Then once I used up my 10k I would bank and come back. Just logged as soon as I saw a white dot and I never got attacked once.

If you world hop a bit this can get you all of your airs for 3-5 each and all your minds for 3-5 each.

Looking for someone to teach me how to Armadyl farm - pm me

10,200th Person to Achieve 99 Magic on 1/10/08

...I was going to use wind strikes but that would take 22k and cost 440k,

I found out if I use fire strikes it would we only a little more (70k or so) and ALOT less strikes...

22,000 Wind strikes will earn you about 165k magic exp

8,000 Fire strike will earn you about 156k magic exp and cost about 232k gp

but

5,380 Curses will earn you 156k magic exp and cost about 156k gp

You could RC all of the runes yourself (cheapest)

or, use 35 full loads of coal to pay for the whole thing.

Hope this helps

Get range up for the hp levels?

70 ranges will give you some nice range levels. And you'll be able to wear black d'hide chaps and vambraces.

Skill N' Chill - The Hawt Fun Sexy and Cool Skilling Clan!

Skill n' chill website: http://skillandchill.freeforums.org/index.php - Clanchat: Skill N C - IRC Chat: #skillnchill

nieuwesiglg4.gif

errrok.jpg

And don't fight lessers. Mage the hobgoblins across from the crafting guild. They are a hell of a lot weaker to mage at that level. Lessers are fine for magic at higher levels, but you don't hit nearly as much.

I really wouldn't call it an era. It was more of a definitive time period during which dinstinctive characteristics were expressed in similar ways.

Svirnsigscore.gif

One thing to consider in terms of fires strikes is that fire runes can be dirt cheap, if one looks around. Flesh crawlers in P2P SoS drop fire runes, and one of the best best power-leveling runecrafting methods involves the fire alter. So many players may be sitting on vast stockpiles of fires and are looking to move them.

curmudgeony.png