Three words to describe Guthix (General Gods Chat)

RoswellCrash

Guthix is THE God, still he's a bit of a [bleep]. I mean neutrality is lame.

To expand on that a little:how many posts do we get complaining that people are mean/scammers/hackers etc.. Guthix wouldn't care about these concerns only that there was a balance between hackers and non-hackers. Thats lame.

Exactly! :)

You just wrote what I did not manage to write. Many people look at Guthix as a good God since balance is usually a positive word. But in this case, balance is equally negative. Its actually, not positive at all, but totally neutral. :D

neutrality is not the same as balance and not like being the same on both sides like a scale it is like balance in life like homeostasis

Good point again mojo477!

Neutrality is diffrent from balance. It is true that we need good and evil things to make things balaced. Without good we have no evil without evil we have no good. Without that the world is nothing.

prospektssigza4.jpg

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To expand on that a little:how many posts do we get complaining that people are mean/scammers/hackers etc.. Guthix wouldn't care about these concerns only that there was a balance between hackers and non-hackers. Thats lame.

You just wrote what I did not manage to write. Many people look at Guthix as a good God since balance is usually a positive word. But in this case, balance is equally negative. Its actually, not positive at all, but totally neutral. :D

neutrality is not the same as balance and not like being the same on both sides like a scale it is like balance in life like homeostasis

Neutrality is diffrent from balance. It is true that we need good and evil things to make things balaced. Without good we have no evil without evil we have no good. Without that the world is nothing.

Without good and evil the world is nothing? Incorrect, without good and evil you merely lack (suprisingly enough) good and evil. In fact there is nearly a word for that anyway Eutopia(i say nearly because a eutopia is generally associated with happiness which is i guess an aspect of goodness). Guthix isn't neutral because he would intervene if things swung to one side, if he was truely neutral he would NEVER interfere between good and evil regardless of the situation.

What this discussion comes down to now is semantics, what words mean, no word is accurate enough to describe what any one person thinks is good or evil let alone what everyone thinks is good or evil .

Without good and evil the world is nothing? Incorrect, without good and evil you merely lack (suprisingly enough) good and evil. In fact there is nearly a word for that anyway Eutopia(i say nearly because a eutopia is generally associated with happiness which is i guess an aspect of goodness). Guthix isn't neutral because he would intervene if things swung to one side, if he was truely neutral he would NEVER interfere between good and evil regardless of the situation.

What this discussion comes down to now is semantics, what words mean, no word is accurate enough to describe what any one person thinks is good or evil let alone what everyone thinks is good or evil .

Hmmm interesting so you thnk that without good and evil is a eutopia. Now take a lick at this. Without evil what is there? Without good what is there? Nuetrality.

Or something ourminds can't comprehend

prospektssigza4.jpg

i like to define the gods in relationship to religions

Saradomin: Roman Catholic Church, hypocrytical and very tricksy like hobitses

Guthix: Buddah or a Taoist (Daoist) which is assciated with the Yin-Yang

Zamorak: A-r-y-a-n (NOT NAZI) the a-r-y-a-n-s were a powerful tribe and the ancesotrs of persians as stated in history, the maharaja is a "chieftan warrior king" the mahjarrat in rs were a group of ELITE warriors

Lucien: almost took over the entire city of varrock with a vast army of personal minions

Hazeel: the original inhabitants of Ardourgne who were overrun by saradominists and sent to the sewers (much like the crusades)

Lord Drakan: current lord of Morytania who is immensely powerful

So ya Zamorak owns all basically

how come when i type a-r-y-a-n without the dashes it says hack scam site?

lost rights to my dark red text >:(

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

12/20/06 - QUEST CAPE OF ACHIEVEMENT

Barrows sets: guthan, verac, dharok, maybe ahrim eventually <- lost to a hacker whole stole everything of worth from my bank

snip

snip

snip

snip

snip

I'll take that action...

I think the words that need defining are "good" "evil" "neutrality" and "balance"...

Good implies everything that a sane person wants, no matter how you twist or turn this. The difference is somehow that there are greater and lesser "goods". For the greater good one can sometimes be forced to let go of ones own personal goodness, or worse, do evil acts. However, if you do not do the things required for the greater goods, but instead do only what is needed to save your own hide, you can be called "neutral" and perhaps even "evil" depending on the situation.

Neutral and Balance are not the same thing. Balance means taking action in order to preserve it, where neutrality implies inaction...

What "evil" is determined by, usually depends on ones upbringing. If a predator kills another of his own kind for food or mating rights, we call it nature. However if an intelligent person does the same thing, even when there is no other option for that person left, we call it evil...

So the concepts of good and evil do not always apply, and are more often determined by the prejudices that we are fed while growing up....

Now the concept of a world without good or evil is nearly impossible for humans to imagine because all people are different. Only in a world full of exactly the same robots, programmed exactly the same would there be no good or evil, OR in a world where no intelligent beings exist (a world again WITHOUT humans)...

So good and evil are concepts only available to the self-aware and intelligent...

Coincidently only the self-aware and intelligent can think and ponder about the fact that they SHOULD be happy, while the creatures that cannot contemplate this, can simply just... be....

We now return to the regular scheduled program for the evening...

You say Guthix made the world thats right but he didn't make Zamorak as he is from Freneskrae a dimension of never-ending warfare, or did guthix make that to?

I am not trying to undermine you just asking the question did he make it?

Zamorak is human, he is not from Frenaskae as far as I know. Where did you learn this fact?

berbatovsky: Guthix is not neutral, as I said, neutrality implies inaction, where balance does not.

To work your metaphore, Jagex has put dozens of warnings and other measures in place (security stronghold anyone?) to teach people about scamming and bad sites to go to (you cannot get hacked without a keylogger, you cannot get a keylogger unless you go to a bad site)...

This is balance.

The morons who still get scammed and hacked pretty much deserve to be in my opinion, this teaches those who will not learn. If Jagex did not put any measures and warnings anywhere at all, then yes, that would be neutrality...

Hope this post clears many thigns up...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Zamorak: A-r-y-a-n (NOT NAZI) the a-r-y-a-n-s were a powerful tribe and the ancesotrs of persians as stated in history, the maharaja is a "chieftan warrior king" the mahjarrat in rs were a group of ELITE warriors

Lucien: almost took over the entire city of varrock with a vast army of personal minions

Hazeel: the original inhabitants of Ardourgne who were overrun by saradominists and sent to the sewers (much like the crusades)

How you come to the conclusion that Zamorak owns all by merely illustrating their points of view I dont know, but you obviously have not read my entire thread about 3rd Age of RuneScape...

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

You say Guthix made the world thats right but he didn't make Zamorak as he is from Freneskrae a dimension of never-ending warfare, or did guthix make that to?

I am not trying to undermine you just asking the question did he make it?

Zamorak is human, he is not from Frenaskae as far as I know. Where did you learn this fact?

Most of my information comes from quests in game, and I am very sure this is right.

Read my first post about Zaros.

Little is known of Armadyl, however, his staff was used to defeat Zaros implying that he is a being of immense power. There has been evidence found, however, that Armadyl and Zaros were equals. According to Saradomin, Armadyl is still alive and well.

They are saying these gods are more powerful then even Guthix.

In the second age, Zaros (also known as "The Empty Lord") was the most powerful god. During that time his followers had a magnificent and highly magical empire in northeast Geilinor. He wanted supreme control over RuneScape and thus was in somewhat of a cold war with the other gods. Zaros could've easily defeated any other god one-on-one, however, the combined effort of the other gods would've been enough to destroy him so no open move was made. Ironically enough, Zaros was defeated by one of his Mahjarrat followers, Zamorak, using the staff of Armadyl. There has been evidence found that Armadyl and Zaros were equals. He is believed to still be alive and have some plans for the Kalphite Queen, as she can use protection prayers and therefore must be protected by some evil god. Zaros is also rumored to have created the goblin race.

Nothing is either black or white, there's grey in the middle. And everyone dwells somewhere in those different shades of grey.
Not that way in America :roll:

Even criminals have noble intentions, remorses, etc. NOTHING is either black or white.

2480+ total

How you come to the conclusion that Zamorak owns all by merely illustrating their points of view I dont know, but you obviously have not read my entire thread about 3rd Age of RuneScape...

you misinterpreted, that was my personal opinion of Zamorak as a loyal follower. Im just saying Jagex did'nt come up with the gods of rs out of nowhere, and that they are very closely related to real religions. + as far as i know Zamorak has the most real history about him

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

Barrows sets: guthan, verac, dharok, maybe ahrim eventually <- lost to a hacker whole stole everything of worth from my bank

Since I have only played RS for a little under a year, I am still getting to know about the Gods of Runescape. Guthix is a God that stands for balance so I have read and in my opinion, my 3 words that best describe him would be of course Balance, Fairness and Hope. I prefer Zamorak, I guess he is the God that I relate to most...."I enjoy a bit of chaos every now and again". I would never bash another persons decision about who they chose for a God on RS. I don't think Guthix is a cheap God......to say that would just be an insult. A Quote by Nataniel Hawthorne "Words--so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them" I believe Guthix has that power but I still like Zamorak. This of course is just my opinion...... :roll:

peggyhill35sig10oh1.jpg

Since I have only played RS for a little under a year, I am still getting to know about the Gods of Runescape. Guthix is a God that stands for balance so I have read and in my opinion, my 3 words that best describe him would be of course Balance, Fairness and Hope. I prefer Zamorak, I guess he is the God that I relate to most...."I enjoy a bit of chaos every now and again". I would never bash another persons decision about who they chose for a God on RS. I don't think Guthix is a cheap God......to say that would just be an insult. A Quote by Nataniel Hawthorne "Words--so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them" I believe Guthix has that power but I still like Zamorak. This of course is just my opinion...... :roll:

Thanks for your opinion, this women knows what she is talking about she has played for 10 months now and she has almost out levelled me, she is very wise and easy to get on with my best friend on RuneScape.

Thanks everyone for your opinions and I think it might be time for me to let this post die, I hope we have all learned something from this thread.

TS_Stormrage: what it comes down to then is that Guthix is not neutral and is Primarily (almost certainly only) concerned with the balance of the planet. In which case why did he create beings capable of various emotions and wants? Surely this is the only thing that could threaten the balance. Unless he didn't create the mortals of the planet at all...

To analogise(is this a word?-if not it should be) things, say you had a ball and all you cared about was the ball why would you cover the ball in hundreds of ants that could potentially damage the ball? A very strange analogy i know but apt..at least i think it is i have a curious blind spot when it comes to analogies.

Both zamorak and saradomin were fighting for power, zamorak wanted it to control everything (which some would say is bad), saradomin wanted to stop zamorak from controlling everything because lets face it no-one should have absolute power (just look at hitler) but in stopping zamorak from becoming all powerful saradomin had to fight zamorak and perhaps kill zamorak, this would make saradomin have absolute power and yet again this would be bad no matter how good saradomins intentions.

Guthix in his Infinite Wisdom knew that if either side won the god war the outcome would still be what is basically a dictatorship so he stopped the god war leaving both sides with balanced forces which left no-one with absolute power and left the world Balanced

so to sum it up:

absolute power in one person = Bad

balanced power = good

guthix wants balance so therefore

Guthix = Ownage (good) :thumbsup:

oh yeah my 3 words #-o

~Genius

~Powerful (but not all powerful)

~Restrained

It's also funny how so many people like Zamorak because he's "evil, and I wanna be evil :twisted: muhahahaha and powerful" or whatever.

Zamorak is not a good example of power. He's a being of luck, a wimp who got lucky in a brawl with a real god.

And Saradomin is not essentially good. He is a symbol of wisdom, order and fairness. You get plenty of power while following him. (Don't believe me? Look how dominant the White Knights are, how sophisicated the Temple Knights are, and how much territory is governed by Saradominist authorities.)

No need to jump to a stupid and self-destructive god of chaos for power. Just be a very, very good Saradominist and rule through dimplomacy and subtlety.

Power through Politics (the true Saradominist catchphrase :D )

berbatovsky:

Guthix cares about the ball AND the ants that could destroy it, as he created both.

You havent read much about my 3rd age runescape history topic, otherwise you wouldve learned that humans were FAR from a dominant species for a VERY VERY long time.

The 3rd age ended with Guthix interveining, and decreeing that no god may influence the world directly. The 4th age saw many human tribes going like nomadics from place to place, only slowly settling down.

We live now in the year 169 in the Fifth Age, the nomadic settlements became settled cities at the start of the 5th age...

Hope this clarifies a few more things...

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

Zamorak is not a good example of power. He's a being of luck, a wimp who got lucky in a brawl with a real god.

um...lets see you try to take on a god. point being, zamorak actually took on Zaros, one of the most powerful beings, if not the most powerful in rs. sure he got lucky but the fact his he wen t head to head with Zaros. This pretty much proves that he was the single most powerful mortal being in all of rs.

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

we should really make this a big debate in the debate fourm because this is really getting out of hand guthixs hand hehe :lol:

well for my 3 words i would say:

happy

evil

green :mrgreen:

Mojo477 has had to quit members so i need friends to talk to on my pure Lived4devil so please add her

"The elves having helped create the crystal saw is like Greenpeace having helped create a nuclear seal skinner"

um...lets see you try to take on a god. point being, zamorak actually took on Zaros, one of the most powerful beings, if not the most powerful in rs. sure he got lucky but the fact his he wen t head to head with Zaros. This pretty much proves that he was the single most powerful mortal being in all of rs.

Ok, first of all just because Zamorak stood up to Zaros does not mean that he is "ownage" or the most powerful human. He turned on Zaros's back and Zamoaks forces recived major major harm. The ones who betrayed Zaros basicaly lost when the fight begain. Then Zamorak thought that he could go and kill Zaros before it was to late. It says that even with the staff of armadlly Zamorak was no match for Zaros.

Just because you steal somebody else's power (the staff) does not mean that you are powerful in standing up to someone "powerful with that stolen power.

Im not shure if that last part made any sense. #-o

prospektssigza4.jpg

Ok, first of all just because Zamorak stood up to Zaros does not mean that he is "ownage" or the most powerful human. He turned on Zaros's back and Zamoaks forces recived major major harm. The ones who betrayed Zaros basicaly lost when the fight begain. Then Zamorak thought that he could go and kill Zaros before it was to late. It says that even with the staff of armadlly Zamorak was no match for Zaros.

Just because you steal somebody else's power (the staff) does not mean that you are powerful in standing up to someone "powerful with that stolen power.

Exactly. Basically, Zammy was a power-hungry warrior who found a weapon with real power. Without that, he'd be dead.

To make an example, Zammy's brawl with Zaros is something like this.

Level 126 is attacked by a level 70.

Level 70 has an uber-weapon of mass destruction.

Level 126 gets owned. (Barely)

Does that mean the 70 was really powerful? No, it means the weapon was powerful. The weapon won the fight. Not the level 70.

Exactly. Basically, Zammy was a power-hungry warrior who found a weapon with real power. Without that, he'd be dead.

Does that mean the 70 was really powerful? No, it means the weapon was powerful. The weapon won the fight. Not the level 70.

Thanks for agreeing with me. ::'

Anyway i think that you got confused. zaros did not even break a sweat fight Zamorak. The reason Zamorak won was by sheer luck that Zaros sliped. I think a more proper example would be this:

lvl 300 attacks a lvl 700

the 700 has ice barrage and the lvl 300 has flames of zamorak

I don't think i need to go on. The guy with zammy flames i getting owned.

prospektssigza4.jpg

Thanks for agreeing with me. ::'

Anyway i think that you got confused. zaros did not even break a sweat fight Zamorak. The reason Zamorak won was by sheer luck that Zaros sliped. I think a more proper example would be this:

lvl 300 attacks a lvl 700

the 700 has ice barrage and the lvl 300 has flames of zamorak

I don't think i need to go on. The guy with zammy flames i getting owned.

Actually, god spells aren't bad against barrage. Wrong example.

It's more like the 300 is using fire strike, and the 700 is using barrage. 300 is about to get p00ned off the face of the planet when the 300 starts hitting him with that aformentioned uber-powerful weapon of mass destructionÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâî (or u-pwomdÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâî, for short). Even that doesn't help much until the 700 makes one big mistake, and the 300 gets a lucky hit and just barely wins.

Yeah, I think that sums it all up. ::'

• 4 months later...
If you light a candle, a shadow is created
Forget what that's from.., like to have balance you have to have both. If you just have light( the candle), then evil will eventually come.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.