Mini-Games: Temple Trekking/Burgh de Rott Ramble

Post any comments or corrections for the Temple Trekking & Burgh de Rott Ramble guide here.

Last updated: 25-Apr-2007

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

u can also use silverlight or darklight to kill vampire yuvenates, tried it out myself and it works

I was once at the airport with my friends in California, had to go "potty" really bad, and just pissed my pants in the middle of the terminal. (All the cool kids piss in their pants, right?)

loledit.jpg

barrows loot: lost count

daga king loot: lost count :p

A number of corrections here;

Correction for link in guide:

Quick link for "Rewards" does not direct to the correct area.

===============

Spelling/grammar mistakes

Quote:

What you need to do is search the backpack sitting on the ground (if you dont have a knife) and use the knife to cut three vines off of the smaller tree. Wind the vines together to make a rope and use the rope on the larger tree to swing across the river.

Error: Apostrophe missing

==============

Quote:

Use your druid pouch to make them visable and then kill them with your weapon. Once you have dealt with them you can walk across the event area and continue on your way.

Error: Spelling mistake : "visible"

==============

Quote:

Route 2 is of medium dificulty, with less chance of escape and harder tasks and enemies.

Route 3 is the most difficult, requiring you to kill all enemies and face the most challanging events.

Errors: Spelling mistakes : "Difficulty", "challenging"

==============

I think thats all of them!

[Admin Edit: Do Not Post Referral Links]

It looks like you did an excellent job copying the knowledge base, lol... and the knowledge base has very inaccurate information on the rewards. I have completed the trek twenty times on Route 3 with weak companions, and have gotten rewards far greater than those listed. For example, I have gotten 242 bowstrings as a reward on three separate occasions. The maximum that you have listed is 169. I have also gotten 153 silver bars on two occasions; the maximum you have shown for silver bars is only 107. You have "coal" listed as a reward; the reward is actually equal amounts of coal and iron. The highest I have gotten is 138 of each. The highest amount of wildblood seeds I have gotten is 79; these, in my opinion, make temple trekking worthwhile, because they sell for 2k each.

Finally, the tomes... From the hardest route and hardest to protect character, I only get the Level Two tomes (yes, the yellow ones). You have the reward ranging from 990 to 2035; I have gotten three yellow tomes, and the rewards were about 2.5K from woodcutting and slayer tomes, and 3k from a mining tome.

There were some other problems too... Giant Snails seem to hit me hard when I'm wearing metal armor, but "protect from ranged" stops them. You have them listed as using magic. Perhaps they have a hybrid mage-range attack or something. Protect from melee works against snakes, and I would recommend using that.

It would also be helpful if you had the combat levels of the enemies found on the various routes. I know for sure that ghasts on Route 3 are level 139, and the juvinates are level 119. I'm pretty sure both the snails and the snakes are level 140. The tentacles are level 99, and the head is level 140. The head can hit fairly high, but it attacks very slowly.

It is also worth noting that the ghasts on the treks give prayer experience about equal to their combat level. (The ones on Route 3 give 140 xp each... I think that's a pretty good deal.)

You really need to fix the numbers; they make it look like the minigame isn't worthwhile, but it really is.

For the Quest Requirements of the game, all of the quests have incomplete links.

It says "http://tip.it/index.php?rs2quest_id=XX" when it should be "http://tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2quest_id=XX"

Just thought it was annoying to me :D

• 1 month later...
For the Quest Requirements of the game, all of the quests have incomplete links.

It says "http://tip.it/index.php?rs2quest_id=XX" when it should be "http://tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2quest_id=XX"

Just thought it was annoying to me :D

Well the links work, and that's all they're there to do :wink:.

The Vampire Juvinate picture is distorted.

If you defeat the boat monster's head before all of the tentacles, its hp will regenerate all the way. It's also multicombat and all of the tentacles can attack you (or your partner) at once.

It is possible to cast bloom and fill your druid pouch during the ghast event because there are dead logs and such around.

Under rewards I've also gotten (I'll be updating this post):

242 bowstrings

666 rune ess :lol: (and this reward is now actually pure essence))

153 Silver bars

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

• 9 months later...

Here is my log, on which I based the above post:

(note: the colour of the tomes you get is wrong, you currently get yellow tomes on route 3, blue tomes on route 2 and red tomes on route 1. The amount of exp you get seems to be correct even if the colour is wrong. I have sent in a bug report to Jagex)

Route 3

Mage

snakes, tentacle -> 134 coal, 67 iron

Fyiona

shades, ghasts, snakes ->153 silver bars

Mage

ghasts, shades ->129 silver bars

Fyiona

tentacle, nail beasts -> 614 pure essence

Mage

Birth of ghast (fed 2, killed 1 ghast), bridge, tentacle -> 656 pure ess

Fyiona

juvinates (black kite, mithril scimitar, black legs), Abidor Crank, juvinates AGAIN! (mith legs, black 2h, black square) ->204 bow strings

Mage

Snails, bridge, juvinates (mith legs, black spear, mith scimitar), shades -> 153 silver bars

Fyiona

River swing, birth of ghast (fed 3 persons), ghasts -> 219 bow strings

Mage

Juvinates (amulet of magic, mith legs, ruby ring), snakes -> yellow agility tome, 2378 exp

Fyiona

Shades, ghasts, juvinates (dust, mith legs, 5 willow logs) -> 75 harralander, 26 toadflax

Mage

ghasts, juvinates (2 mith chains, ammy of magic) -> 63 tarromin, 22 toadflax

Fyiona

snakes, birth of ghast (fed 3 persons), bridge -> 219 bow strings

Mage

Snails -> 281 pure ess

Fyiona

Shades, snakes -> 562 pure ess

Mage

bog, juvinates (dust, angry, mith square), tentacle -> 656 pure ess

Fyiona

shades, bridge, nail beasts, Abidor Crank, snakes -> 80 raw lobster

Mage

Nail beasts, snakes, tentacle -> yellow tome of fishing, 2346 exp

Jayene

shades, ghasts, river swing, lumberjacks (hat) ->666 pure ess

Wizard apprentice

birth of ghast, tentacle -> 80 raw lobsters

Jayene

snakes, bog -> 49 wildblood seeds

Wizard apprentice

Abidor Crank, birth of ghast, tentacle -> 242 bow strings

Jayene

river swing, snails -> 49 wildblood seeds

Wizard apprentice

lumberjacks (boots) ->9 bowstrings

Jayene

shades, lumberjacks (no lumberjack item), bog -> Yellow tome of woodcutting, 2078 exp

Wizard apprentice

Ghasts, snails, shades -> 153 silver bars

Jayene

Juvinates, snakes -> Yellow tome of woodcutting, 2341 exp

Wizard apprentice

snail, juvinates, snakes-> yellow tome of slayer, 2681 exp

Jayene

shades, ghasts, lumberjacks (boots)-> yellow slayer tome 2129 exp

Wizard apprentice

Juvenites (5 willow logs, angry, mith scimitar, 10 nature runes) -> 42 tarromin, 15 toadflax

jayene - died to shades after eating 13 food, 2 shades attacked her.

jayene

tentacle, ghasts, snails, birth of ghast (fed 3 persons, killed 1 ghast), bridge -> 145 coal, 72 iron

Wizard apprentice

bog, shades -> 49 wildblood

Jayene

bog -> 15 bow string

Wizard apprentice

juvenites (steel skirt, angry, 2 dissapeared in mist), nail beasts, tentacle -> yellow slayer tome, 3020 exp

Jayene

juvenites (dust, 5 willow logs, dust, addy mace), river swing, bog -> 100 coal, 50 iron

Wizard apprentice

birth of ghast (fed 3 persons, killed 1 ghast), tentacle -> 75 tarromin, 26 toadflax

Jayene

tentacle, bridge -> 375 pure ess

Women-at-arms

snakes, bridge -> 510 pure ess

Smiddi

bog, ghasts, bridge -> 127 silver bars.

Women-at-arms

snails, shades -> 80 raw lobster

Rolayne Twickit

shades, ghasts, birth of ghast (fed 5 persons), snakes -> 242 bowstrings

Women-at-arms

snails - 170 bow strings

Rolayne Twickit - died very quickly to shades when I attacked the wrong one...

Rolayne Twickit

shades, nail beasts, ghasts - -> 79 wildblood seeds

woman-at-arms

nail beasts, tentacle -> 145 coal, 72 iron

Route 2, moderate

- option to evade efter killing half of the NPC's but in most cases I killed them all.

Forester

snakes (killed all), lumberjacks (boots)-> 95 bowstrings

Smiddi

juvinates (3 transformed into humans, 2 dissapeared into clouds), bog -> 35 wildblood

forester

snails (killed all), shades (killed all) ->520 pure ess

Smiddi

Lumberjacks (boots) -> 3 wildblood seeds

Forester

snails (killed all), ghasts (killed all) ->blue slayer tome 1448 exp

Smiddi

bog, Abidor Crank -> blue fishing tome 1595 exp

Forester

snails (killed all), Abidor Crank -> 260 pure ess

Smiddi

Ghasts (killed all), bridge -> blue fishing tome 1166 exp

Forester

snails (killed all), shades (killed all) -> 62 raw lobster

Smiddi

shades (killed all), snails (killed all), bog, ghasts (killed all) ->153 silver bars

Forester

river swing -> 5 lobsters

Smiddi

Snakes (killed all), snail (killed all) -> 520 pure ess

Forester

juvinates (mith legs, angry, mith full helm, addy scimitar, black kite) -> 60 silver bars

Smiddi

bog, ghasts (killed all)- > 65 coal, 32 iron

Forester

juvinates (angry, turned to mist, angry, black aquare, mith b-axe) -> 260 pure ess

Smiddi

Birth of ghast (fed 4 persons, killed 1 ghast), nail beasts (killed all) - 120 silver bars

Forester

ghasts (killed all), bog -> 34 harralander, 12 toadflax

Jayene

ghasts (killed all 4) -> 24 wildblood

Wizard apprentice

lumberjacks (boots), ghasts (killed all 4), lumberjacks again (top)-> 24 harralander, 8 toadflax

Jayene

snails (killed all 4), ghasts (killed all 4), bog -> 100 coal, 50 iron

Forester

nailbeast (killed all 5), snakes (killed all 5) -> 189 bow strings

jayene

bog -> 9 coal, 4 iron

Forester

Ghasts (killed all 5), river swing ->34 harralander, 12 toadflax

Smiddi

birth of ghast (fed 5 people), snail (killed all 5) -> 113 coal, 56 iron

Route 1, easiest. You can evade all combat events without killing any NPC's. The ones who want lumberjack clothes often do that.

Smiddi

Juvinates (evade all), river swing, birth of ghast (fed 4 persons, killed 1 ghast) -> 40 silver bars.

Forester

shades (killed all 5) -> 31 silver bars

Smiddi

River swing -> 5 harralander, 2 toadflax

Forester

Nail beasts (killed all 5) -> 15 harralander, 6 toadflax

Smiddi

Ghasts (killed all 5) -> 49 bowstring

Forester

no event -> 3 tarromin, 2 toadflax

Smiddi

Snails (killed all 5) -> 29 coal, 14 iron

Forester

bog -> 9 silver bars

Smiddi

juvinates (evade all), bog -> 9 coal, 4 iron

forester

shades (killed all 5) -> 49 bowstrings

Smiddi

bridge -> 41 pure ess

forester

snakes (killed all 5) -> 15 harralander, 6 toadflax

Smiddi

bridge, snails (killed all 5) -> 21 raw lobsters

forester

no event -> 3 raw lobsters

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

Yes, it would be good with confirmation on a lot of the things I posted, especially the number of events it's possible to get on the different routes. Erm, I like the minigame, but since I am high combat level, I see taking route 1-2 too many times a waste of time ;)

More data is also needed to be sure what it takes to get the maximum rewards with different companions and routes.

The things I am pretty sure of is the prayer exp from ghasts and the number of NPC's you get in combat events with different companions.

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

Some more things:

You can get the same event more than once on a trek. It is not common, but it has happened a few times to me (previously with snakes, juvinates and snails). *IF* you get lumberjack event twice on a trek, you can get one lumberjack item from each event (I just did route 3 with wizard apprentice, got lumberjacks with legs first event, then had nail beasts, and finally lumberjacks with hat)

The nail beasts who normally drop big bones + nail beast nails can also drop the new long bone that was added in the update 20 march.

Edit, more info.

I played around a bit more with food in the birth of ghast event. Just like with strawberries and slices of watermelon, bananas, papaya, oranges also work. A basket of bananas is definitly a cheap and easy alternative for someone who plan to spend some time in this minigame - buy baskets at farming shop, glory tele to Karamja and fill up the baskets, have a full basket in inventory while trekking. I wonder if a sack of potatoes work as well??, it should since you can eat raw potatoes, but I have not tried. (I also was in mean mood, and gave poor Hank a cave nightshade and he got well. I am considering reporting that to Jagex, it doesnt make sense. On the other hand, who will use their nightshades to something like that when there are much better uses for them)

Also... The combat level of Undead Lumberjack varies depends on route and possibly the person too. I'm still trying to figure out how it works exactly. I usually have level 30 lumberjacks (10 hp) on route 1, level 45 lumberjacks (13 hp) on route 2 and level 60 lumberjacks (16 hp) on route 3. However... I also met level 70 lumberjacks (18 hp) when leading a weak companion on the hardest route, but I'm not sure if that was random or not - I'll have to try it some more... However I have to say a level 70 lumberjack dropped lumberjack legs for me, and I'm wondering if there's higher chance for more rare parts if I kill higher level lumberjacks... I usually keep getting just boots... And you can get only 1 item from 1 event...

When you take route 3 with a midlevel companion, the lumberjacks are combat level 64 (erm, need to recheck, 65 would make more sense as Rosebuster pointed out in game) with 17 hp, so yes you are right in that the lumberjack level depends both on route and on companion. I guess we need to collect complete info here :)

On route 1 with weakest companion, lumberjacks are level 40 with 12 hp

Edit again

The number of events you will encounter depends on what route you take. You will get few events on route 1, some more on route 2 and even more on route 3. The numbers below definitly need confirmation/correction!

Route 1: 0-2 events, eventually more

Route 2: 1-4 events

Route 3: 1-5 events

Regarding route 3, yes it definitly seems to be between 1-5 events. I went through my log (82 times on route 3) and got the following

0 events - never happened to me on route 3

1 event - happened 10 times =12% of the times

2 event - happened 31 times = 38% of the time

3 events - happened 33 times =40% of the time

4 events - happened 7 times = 8,5% of the time

5 events - only happened to me once =1,2 % of the time

6 or more events - never happened to me

So to summon that up:

When you take route 3, you will have 1-5 events during the trekk. Rougly 80% of the time you will get 2-3 events.

I can confirm that wearing a snelm is works very well against the snails. I have only personal of it on route 1-2 so far, but they doesnt touch me on route 1, and very rarely hit low on me at route 2.

Gugge.png

Moly.png

I'm quite sure one of you told me this - the snail shells (and perfect shells) can now be sold to a specific fellow in Dorgesh-kaan for a few gp (250 for regular or 500 for perfect).

Just making a note here so we don't forget.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

The number of events you will encounter depends on what route you take. You will get few events on route 1, some more on route 2 and even more on route 3. The numbers below definitly need confirmation/correction!

Route 3: 1-5 events, most common (80% of the time) you will get 2-3 events.

I have mainly been doing route 3, and there I have enough data to be fairly sure of the number of events.

Can anyone confirm the number of events you have to deal with when taking route 1 and 2? The above numbers is from always doing the events (killing all enemies). How does the number vary when you evade events? Additional info is needed here :)

From the data I have it looks like you need the following to get maximum reward:

weakest char on route 3 with at least 2 combat events

Midlevel char on route 3 with at least 2 combat events and 1 non-combat event

Strongest char on route 3 with at least 3 combat events.

This is what it looked like when I analysed my first data. I am not sure of it now, it seems that eventually taking the middlestrong person and get 2 combat event give max reward. Here more data is DEFINITLY needed, and all input is appriciated.

Gugge.png

Moly.png

Route 3: 1-5 events, most common (80% of the time) you will get 2-3 events.

Route 2 and 3 look right but I've personally had 4 events on route 1.

From the data I have it looks like you need the following to get maximum reward:

I've had the 666 Essence reward for a strong char on route 3 with 2 combat events and 1 non-combat.

inferno_char.png

The number of events you will encounter depends on what route you take. You will get few events on route 1' date=' some more on route 2 and even more on route 3. The numbers below definitly need confirmation/correction!

Route 3: 1-5 events, most common (80% of the time) you will get 2-3 events. [/quote']

I have mainly been doing route 3, and there I have enough data to be fairly sure of the number of events.

Can anyone confirm the number of events you have to deal with when taking route 1 and 2? The above numbers is from always doing the events (killing all enemies). How does the number vary when you evade events? Additional info is needed here :)

Route 2 and 3 look right but I've personally had 4 events on route 1.
4 events that you solved, or did you evade when you could? When I was trekking (at least after I started to log it), I killed all NPC's I met, and the numbers above is based on that - but it *is* known that evading increase your chance for new events.

This is what it looked like when I analysed my first data. I am not sure of it now' date=' it seems that eventually taking the middlestrong person and get 2 combat event give max reward. Here more data is DEFINITLY needed, and all input is appriciated.[/quote']

I've had the 666 Essence reward for a strong char on route 3 with 2 combat events and 1 non-combat.

Yes, that may be the case, we definitly need more data here. Just keep in mind that the "birth of ghast" tend to count as a combat event when it comes to rewards.... and the lumberjacks tend to count as non-combat...

Gugge.png

Moly.png

4 events that you solved, or did you evade when you could? When I was trekking (at least after I started to log it), I killed all NPC's I met, and the numbers above is based on that - but it *is* known that evading increase your chance for new events.

I completed them all, got a red Xp tome as a reward.

inferno_char.png

I would like to tell you that i've been doing temple trekking for a bit now and I noticed some of your numbers are off. the two that I noticed are that the YELLOW TOMB gave me 2496exp and your max it says is 2035. Also I obtained 238 bowstrings when your max is 189 on the guide. And I got 101 herbs. All of these were from red tokens. Just trying to help ;)

Lilodragon

[pokemama 3/29: the temple trekking guide has been updated and an announcement will be posted shortly. Our expert reports that there is some kind of "glitch" with the tome colours. The rewards are correct for the route taken, but the colours are wrong. This has been reported to Jagex. Thanks very much for posting your data.]

[pokemama 13 Apr 07: the guide was updated, but the above posts are being left in case someone wants to confirm some of the information or has more info.]

A tip that would be very helpful would to be to take a SACK of potatos or cabbages(onions obviously possilbe too but not as readily available as potatos and cabbage). This is 10 food items in 1 spot thus you can Do a FULL round trip with camp site events both ways without banking ( go to temple then back to burge as a guide) and only taking up 1 slot in invy.

Lord-Kain1

Ps also on the lumberjack event is seems that you can only recieve 1 piece of clothing per trip reguardless of the number of lumber jacks you kill.

this random comment brought to you today by ADD: ADD, bringing random entertainment to all for generations

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to the lastest update, you no longer get Wildblood seeds as a reward for Temple Trekking / Burgh de Rott Ramble. You can get Watermelon seeds instead. So we need to figure out how many of them you can get.

I believe the maximum number of watermelon seeds is 26. This screenshot proves I got that much as a reward: Click!

I think it's max, because I got it on route 3, with medium-strong companion, but we had at least 3 combat events (not sure how many exactly though). If anybody manages to get more than 26 though, please update this info.

[Wizard111111 - Thanks for confirming this. Done it myself and also got 26 seeds. Added to guide.]

• 3 weeks later...

You can get more than 2 events on Route 1; I personally just got 3 using the weakest companion. I did not skip any of the events though.

Hope this helps :D

halo2sigcj2.png

Thanks Jason321 for the sig!^

Proud to have served the Tip.it Crew

Drops: 2x D Chain, 1x D Legs, 2x D Left Half, 1x D spear, 2x D med (monsters), 5x D Med (Barrows), 4x D Axe, 2x Zerker, Abyssal whip x1, 7x D Boots

Barrows items: 55 (not counting the meds)

• 2 weeks later...

On the guide on the site it says that you can't have more then 1 ticket at a time. Im pretty sure you can. :P Go try and see for yourself. I (when I do this mini game) take the easiest person/hardest (depends on which person is closer to me :XD: ) on the easiest route, and just evade every event possible. I think that's the best way to collect the lumberjack set. When I'm done with a person from Burgh de rott -> canifis, I keep the token and go back. Then, when I get to Burgh de rott, I dont exchange my ticket, unless I need to replenish on food. I get back to canifis with again the hardest/easiest person, on the easiest route, evade if I get events, and then I collect my rewards at the hyiluk myna dude (don't know his name anymore :XD: :P). Then I do it all over again. That way I end up having about 5-8 tickets to exchange in the bank for my rewards. The rewards aren't great when doing this method, but it is the fastest way to get full lumberjack IMO.

PS. I have send in several correction form's on the Tip.It site. Unfortunately I've never ever got a mail saying like: Thanx for your confirmation/correction. Maybe you can do something about this? :-#

Anyways, Thanks for making all these guides and stuff :-w O:)

Keep on going and happy scaping :thumbsup:

8r34ch3z0r.gif

Click signature for my blog to richness!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.